Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: Apple to Release iPhone 4S, Not iPhone 5 This September on Sprint, T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
    When I woke up I thought of that but you beat me to the punch and you are 100% correct. The 4 is for the generation not like 3G -> 3GS where the S is for speed. The 4 certainly has speed already.

To those of you wanting to switch to Android phones...

I can't really put my finger on it but despite the fact that an Android phone may (on paper) have better hardware, there just seems to be something that makes the iPhone run that much smoother and better in general despite the fact that it may have less processing power, less RAM, less MP camera, etc.

I owned a Droid Incredible which had a 1Ghz processor, 1GB of RAM/ROM, 8MP camera with dual-led flash, etc. So on paper it should be a better device. It was not.

I think it has been said in the past that you could easily go to Fry's electronics and pick out all the top of the line components but if you didn't consider how they would integrate with one another or write code specificially designed to take advantage of how they worked together then you'd be no better off than a mid-level computer that came pre-assembled in a box off the shelf.
    Well said!!

I will definitely buy this phone... If it's not much better then the iPhone 4 hopefully I can make a nice profit with it

2. The Following User Says Thank You to iSteed For This Useful Post:

IB1GMANI (2011-05-14)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tario70 View Post
    Wow, way to be a complete ****** in response to me.

Funny how you rip me for "reports" when this article is just that, a report.

I'm glad you can afford to upgrade every year, whether or not I can is none of your business but I'll keep my fully unlock-able 3Gs until I choose to sell it.

All I did was state that I am happy to be on a 2 year cycle that gets me the "S" version & you acted like a complete a-hole about it. No where in my statement did I say I'd go around saying my phone is better than any else's.

Whatever, you're not happy about this, I am. Next time just try to tone down the ******iness...

~Tario70
    Plus 1

i hope for dual cores and 3d and 4g lte now if that comes there will be no phone to compair..new evo is going to have 3d but when apple puts this stuff in there phone it will be done right so ill stick with apples iphone forever baby!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chad2ss View Post
    I will be moving to Verizon and Android if this isn't a whole new phone (which I expect). This 2 year re-up of the hardware is getting old. 3G, 3GS... 4, 4S... I know it will be a huge success, but quite frankly I'm getting tired of it. I want NEW. I want everyone to know from afar that I have the 5 not the 4. Just like you want people to see you have a 4 not a 3GS. Maybe it's just me. I don't know. I LOVE the 4. But I have a feeling that I want more than Apple is going to give this year.
    i have had a droid incredible and a evo and trust me when i say this android is laggy and it sucks ios and iphone 4 is way better and just works better...and when apple does put these things in there phone it will work right and will be great..ill stick with apple iphone
    Last edited by IB1GMANI; 2011-05-14 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nielsenius View Post
    Right... because Apple was trying to catch up when they invented the graphical interface, the iPod, the iPhone, and the iPad. /sarcasm
    yes because I'm sure Apple was the 1st company to invent a graphical interface, a phone and a table /sarcasm

The fanboy is strong in this one

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm selling a iPad 2 16GB wifi / $500 no tax. Brand new in box!!! Pm me , olny serious buyers.,

I will switch to an android LTE headset.
    att already makes my life miserable. 3g works 10% of the time. why on earth would u go half *** of the most important part of the phone... REMEMBER it's an "i"phone for a reason!!!!

This **** is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller006 View Post
    yes because I'm sure Apple was the 1st company to invent a graphical interface, a phone and a table /sarcasm

The fanboy is strong in this one
    i have had two android phones and i just like my iphone better ill never buy another android phone sorry bye bye laggy android...if u like android go to and android website then...its all in what u like..il be sticking with apple...loving my iphone 4

im too getting bored of my 3gs and am due an upgrade. tempted to wait for this but just worried that they may have made modifications that could make it difficult to jailbreak, compared to the current iphone 4. anyone have any thoughts on this ?

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

It's time to Sell my iPhone 4 for a high price.. I'm not to sure about this iPhone 4s maybe time for android?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Probably not. The name 4GS would be thrown around for that too. And 4G is barely developed worldwide. 4G would only benefit a small few.

If it has dual-core A5, 1GB RAM, 1080p video recording I might consider it. Probably no 4" Screen either :-(
    I guess I could hold out for another year with my 3GS
    LOL.....I don't think I could make it one more year with my 3GS...it really is beginning to feel ancient compared to everything else out there.

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    I'll wait for iPhone 5 then...
    This may have been addressed, but the iPhone released in 2012 will be the iPhone 6...not the iPhone 5.

Original iPhone = iPhone 1
    iPhone 3G = iPhone 2
    iPhone 3GS = iPhone 3
    iPhone 4 = iPhone 4
    iPhone 4S = iPhone 5
    iPhone 2012 = iPhone 6

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ks503 View Post
    This **** is retarded.
    ?
    Edit: 444 posts Woot!

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

Upgradetime! I'm still using my 3Gs and dualcore sounds a ok right aboit now.

Thanks

I think it's cool I'll get one if it's as fast as my iPad2 with A5 dual core. As it just so happens I am due to a full upgrade in the begining of July. Works for me and then I can sell my mint cont 32 Black 3GS for more than it will cost to upgrade

Apple is doing the same thing it did with verizon. It's taking a new market and releasing a refreshed phone to get themselves on the map. They treat each new market like a third world country. Give them yesterdays technology and we'll celebrate like it's leaps and bounds to what we currently have.

Unfortunately it only works for so long. Technology is advancing a lot quicker now then it did when the first iphone came out.

If apple tries to keep this trend they are gonna have lost a lot of customers who simply got too pissed off waiting for apple to finally come around and release their phone.

You want to grab new subscribers when you are in your upward swing. Not look to reach new markets only when you've reached critical consumption. Especially if you're gonna sport last years tech.

4S means 4" SCREEN!!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I don't think Apple is in "desperation" mode in trying to compete with Android by releasing the iPhone on more carriers. I think it's the opposite. They've realized they're pretty much tapped out as far as new subscribers on AT&T(despite the fact that they still activate millions of new iPhones per year) and they have realized that if they can activate millions x4 on the 4 big carriers then they can increase profits even more.

Just thought of this too...maybe Apple doesn't necessarily release features too late that the market already has but instead tries competitors handsets and finds the flaws that they want to weed out in their own software so that when they do release the feature it has no glitches? Just a thought.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Right.......because Apple was the first to invent a graphical interface, smartphone, and tablet. Not to mention they were behind on releasing a 3G phone when 3G service was well up and running, behind on MMS for quite some time, landscape texting, video recording, front facing cameras, and processor speed just to name a few.

/sarcasm.
    Actually, they WERE the first with a usable graphic interface, and he didn't say smartphone, or tablet, he said iPhone and iPad. Apple DID bring the smartphone to the future though,(do you honestly think we would have droids had google not had the iPhone to copy?) and the "tablets" before the iPad? The hospital I work at has used many of them, or maybe not actually used, because they are practically useless. Apple may not be "the first to think of these inventions", but they have a habit of taking current tech, adapting and improving it, and they turn it to pure gold.

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    Actually, they WERE the first with a usable graphic interface, and he didn't say smartphone, or tablet, he said iPhone and iPad. Apple DID bring the smartphone to the future though,(do you honestly think we would have droids had google not had the iPhone to copy?) and the "tablets" before the iPad? The hospital I work at has used many of them, or maybe not actually used, because they are practically useless. Apple may not be "the first to think of these inventions", but they have a habit of taking current tech, adapting and improving it, and they turn it to pure gold.
    Exactly!!! Same thing with the computer. Stevie boy picked up where xerox left off, and turned the computer into something big.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast