Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: Apple to Release iPhone 4S, Not iPhone 5 This September on Sprint, T-Mobile

Thanks

Why would they do that

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    I'm down with a iphone 4gs
    You mean 4s? It's neither 4th gen or 4G capable, so I fail to see where you got 4GS from?

Thanks

Default apple
    why would they do that

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My contracts not up till next year so I guess I can wait. It will probably take 3-5 years to get 4g networks in the uk (the spectrum licence auction isn't till next year I think)so improvements like that aren't so import here right now.

One thing I'd really like is more memory. 64/128gb would be sensible, given the size of games like infinity blade and nova2, on top of music and videos.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by batter View Post
    hspa+ is actually considered a 4g technology, just not as fast at LTE. hspa+ will have to be t-mobile/AT&T model.
    Actually Hspa+ is 3gpp so not it's not actual 4g. Lte is only true 4g.

Thanks

Wha?
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

Regardless of anything my contract will end next year so I will upgrade to the iPhone 5 instead of the IPhone 6 then. What will apple do next?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buttamix View Post
    Regardless of anything my contract will end next year so I will upgrade to the iPhone 5 instead of the IPhone 6 then. What will apple do next?
    A sub dermal implant that let's you use your brain as mass storage for conent and stream it to your device via Bluetooth.

I suppose it would really be an 'I' pod then lol

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buttamix
    What will apple do next?
    try and catch up to what other brands are already doing or already have.

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    try and catch up to what other brands are already doing or already have.
    Right... because Apple was trying to catch up when they invented the graphical interface, the iPod, the iPhone, and the iPad. /sarcasm

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Don't do it man. You'd just be wasting time and money. I tried the HTC Inspire for about a month. That's all it took to realize iOS and the iPhone were superior. Not being a fanboy. Just stating fact.
    Ive been using the inspire since launch Feb 13 and I haven't looked back. I check out my wife's i4 and it is far less superior than the inspire. I was wanting to see what the i5 or whatever it's name was going to be called and not impressed at all. Glad I went to the inspire yet again! After rooting and installing an open source rom, this thing is so freaking fast!

Once you go android, you won't go back! lol

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nielsenius View Post
    Right... because Apple was trying to catch up when they invented the graphical interface, the iPod, the iPhone, and the iPad. /sarcasm
    Right.......because Apple was the first to invent a graphical interface, smartphone, and tablet. Not to mention they were behind on releasing a 3G phone when 3G service was well up and running, behind on MMS for quite some time, landscape texting, video recording, front facing cameras, and processor speed just to name a few.

/sarcasm.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RICO_ For This Useful Post:

Painkiller006 (2011-05-14)

this would help me since i have sprint i would enjoy getting another iphone since its been a while since i had the original
    RIP Steve Jobs.. You changed the world

By calling it a "4S", it would screw with the naming scheme. Then people would be confused. "I have an iPhone 4S, but it's really the 5th iPhone, so it's an iPhone 5!".

It's gonna be called an iPhone 5. I'll bet my post count on it.

It being called the iPhone 4s makes perfect sense. I've been laughing for months at blogs and news posts all over saying the next one would be called the iPhone 5. Calling it the iPhone 5 wouldn't make any sense even if it was a massive upgrade. They don't name their phones according to generation.

No. Calling it the iPhone 5 insinuates that it is, you guessed it, the 5th iPhone. 4S insinuates that it is an iPhone 4 with signal.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    By calling it a "4S", it would screw with the naming scheme. Then people would be confused. "I have an iPhone 4S, but it's really the 5th iPhone, so it's an iPhone 5!".

It's gonna be called an iPhone 5. I'll bet my post count on it.
    When I woke up I thought of that but you beat me to the punch and you are 100% correct. The 4 is for the generation not like 3G -> 3GS where the S is for speed. The 4 certainly has speed already.

To those of you wanting to switch to Android phones...

I can't really put my finger on it but despite the fact that an Android phone may (on paper) have better hardware, there just seems to be something that makes the iPhone run that much smoother and better in general despite the fact that it may have less processing power, less RAM, less MP camera, etc.

I owned a Droid Incredible which had a 1Ghz processor, 1GB of RAM/ROM, 8MP camera with dual-led flash, etc. So on paper it should be a better device. It was not.

I think it has been said in the past that you could easily go to Fry's electronics and pick out all the top of the line components but if you didn't consider how they would integrate with one another or write code specificially designed to take advantage of how they worked together then you'd be no better off than a mid-level computer that came pre-assembled in a box off the shelf.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alexevo For This Useful Post:

iSteed (2011-05-14), moon#pie (2011-05-14)

I think I'm with you there too. It's become my secondary phone anyway, but I was willing to try out a new model. But I might just skip this one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    This might actually be the first iPhone model I skip. I never run low on ram and there's no lag to speak of. The 5MP camera takes amazing pictures IMO and the screen resolution is perfect.

I will be moving to Verizon and Android if this isn't a whole new phone (which I expect). This 2 year re-up of the hardware is getting old. 3G, 3GS... 4, 4S... I know it will be a huge success, but quite frankly I'm getting tired of it. I want NEW. I want everyone to know from afar that I have the 5 not the 4. Just like you want people to see you have a 4 not a 3GS. Maybe it's just me. I don't know. I LOVE the 4. But I have a feeling that I want more than Apple is going to give this year.

Quote Originally Posted by golf4life80 View Post
    Remember not everyone has the iPhone 4 yet, just because a lot of you with it won't be upgrading doesn't mean everyone won't.

This is still a big deal to those of us with a 3GS.

With that said I still hold out hope they increase the screen size.
    I agree with that. If I happen to get this 4s and ip5 comes the year after, I'll sell the 4s to go towards the 5 (only if there's major upgrades)

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast