Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: Apple to Release iPhone 4S, Not iPhone 5 This September on Sprint, T-Mobile

Just the excuse I needed. Samsung Galaxy S2 here I come

What am I missing here? If AT&T is buying out T-Mobile, why is there a need for a T-Mobile version? I just switched to AT&T last month for good because of the news that T-Mobile was going bye bye and now this? That makes no sense!
    "Don't hold it like that!"

To all of you with iPhone 4's I understand why'd you skip this phone, but I'll be honest, I'm glad I'm on this 2 year cycle.

What cycle? The "S" cycle. Think about it, The 3Gs was my first iPhone, the perfect version of "that" iPhone. The actually numbered versions like the 4 I consider beta products. Apple always does this, the first generation of their "new" handsets have new features & bugs to go with it (hello antennagate & in my opinion the glass back has to be worst design for a phone I've ever seen) & it's only with the follow up or the "S" version that they get the kinks out & put out a slick phone the following year.

So what do I get? I get dual core, possibly 1GB of RAM, better cameras, & possibly an aluminum back (please let this last one be true). To me, that will be the ultimate version of the 4.

So I know a lot of you are down on this news, but I was hoping for an "S" version & it's exactly what I appear to be getting!

~Tario70

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tario70 View Post
    To all of you with iPhone 4's I understand why'd you skip this phone, but I'll be honest, I'm glad I'm on this 2 year cycle.

What cycle? The "S" cycle. Think about it, The 3Gs was my first iPhone, the perfect version of "that" iPhone. The actually numbered versions like the 4 I consider beta products. Apple always does this, the first generation of their "new" handsets have new features & bugs to go with it (hello antennagate & in my opinion the glass back has to be worst design for a phone I've ever seen) & it's only with the follow up or the "S" version that they get the kinks out & put out a slick phone the following year.

So what do I get? I get dual core, possibly 1GB of RAM, better cameras, & possibly an aluminum back (please let this last one be true). To me, that will be the ultimate version of the 4.

So I know a lot of you are down on this news, but I was hoping for an "S" version & it's exactly what I appear to be getting!

~Tario70
    So you're looking for improved reception and you wait so you can choose the phone with the metal back which blocks the signal worse than a glass or plastic back? Everyone is entitled to make a mistake so I'll give you a pass on that one.

You're getting dual core? Are you sure? Do you have an iPhone 4S or iPhone 5(considering nobody yet knows what the actual name is going to be)? No, you don't. Mistake #2.

Possibly 1GB of RAM? You saved yourself on that one by saying possibly.

Better cameras? Yes because the 5MP HD video camera is so inferior on the iPhone 4 to the 8MP camera in the Evo, Droid Incredible, Droid X, Droid Pro, etc. They upgraded the 2MP camera in the 3G to the 3MP camera in the 3GS because it was desperately needed. The 5MP camera in the iPhone 4 is hands down the best camera on a smartphone we have seen to date as MANY people will attest to.

Congratulations on getting your "perfect" iPhone...that is...until the next one comes along. I too will be getting an iPhone 4S or 5 whichever they choose to call it merely because I just sold my 3GS for $350 and because I already have an iPhone 4. However, I'll wait until the jailbreak because as we all know, the newest and best iPhone is almost useless without a jailbreak.

As most of us are under contract with AT&T or month-to-month and can do the upgrade we'll also be getting the new iPhone come September(or whenever it gets released).

Unlike you, some of us choose to get the newest one every year because, well, we can afford it. Enjoy your 3GS as its value plummets when you and a horde of other "my 3GS is better than the iPhone 4 because it has an 'S' on the box" owners throw your phones up on ebay only to collect significantly less than those of us that already ditched our obsolete hardware for the latest and greatest.

~AlexEvo(aka Mr. Ostentatious)
    Last edited by alexevo; 2011-05-14 at 08:01 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to alexevo For This Useful Post:

aqualeris (2011-05-14)

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll probably buy it, but it's not going to be worth the preorder madness.

I was definitely gonna buy this one have two iPhones means my 3GS has reached the end of it's life as my phone I'll keep it around for messing around with it now that I have the iPad 2 and 4 I'm thinking to myself will a processor bump justify the purchase specially when the 4 excels at things I don't use the iPad for I'might just get an android device until apple get their act together and release something sex. OR this could be fail speculation and I'll be boasting the next best I device come summer/september.

PM me if u think my sigs nice

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

If it's the '4S' does that mean the next gen will be the 5 or the 6?

Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
    So you're looking for improved reception and you wait so you can choose the phone with the metal back which blocks the signal worse than a glass or plastic back? Everyone is entitled to make a mistake so I'll give you a pass on that one.

You're getting dual core? Are you sure? Do you have an iPhone 4S or iPhone 5(considering nobody yet knows what the actual name is going to be)? No, you don't. Mistake #2.

Possibly 1GB of RAM? You saved yourself on that one by saying possibly.

Better cameras? Yes because the 5MP HD video camera is so inferior on the iPhone 4 to the 8MP camera in the Evo, Droid Incredible, Droid X, Droid Pro, etc. They upgraded the 2MP camera in the 3G to the 3MP camera in the 3GS because it was desperately needed. The 5MP camera in the iPhone 4 is hands down the best camera on a smartphone we have seen to date as MANY people will attest to.

Congratulations on getting your "perfect" iPhone...that is...until the next one comes along. I too will be getting an iPhone 4S or 5 whichever they choose to call it merely because I just sold my 3GS for $350 and because I already have an iPhone 4. However, I'll wait until the jailbreak because as we all know, the newest and best iPhone is almost useless without a jailbreak.

As most of us are under contract with AT&T or month-to-month and can do the upgrade we'll also be getting the new iPhone come September(or whenever it gets released).

Unlike you, some of us choose to get the newest one every year because, well, we can afford it. Enjoy your 3GS as its value plummets when you and a horde of other "my 3GS is better than the iPhone 4 because it has an 'S' on the box" owners throw your phones up on ebay only to collect significantly less than those of us that already ditched our obsolete hardware for the latest and greatest.

~AlexEvo(aka Mr. Ostentatious)
    Wow, way to be a complete ****** in response to me.

Funny how you rip me for "reports" when this article is just that, a report.

I'm glad you can afford to upgrade every year, whether or not I can is none of your business but I'll keep my fully unlock-able 3Gs until I choose to sell it.

All I did was state that I am happy to be on a 2 year cycle that gets me the "S" version & you acted like a complete a-hole about it. No where in my statement did I say I'd go around saying my phone is better than any else's.

Whatever, you're not happy about this, I am. Next time just try to tone down the ******iness...

~Tario70

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tario70 View Post
    Wow, way to be a complete ****** in response to me.

Funny how you rip me for "reports" when this article is just that, a report.

I'm glad you can afford to upgrade every year, whether or not I can is none of your business but I'll keep my fully unlock-able 3Gs until I choose to sell it.

All I did was state that I am happy to be on a 2 year cycle that gets me the "S" version & you acted like a complete a-hole about it. No where in my statement did I say I'd go around saying my phone is better than any else's.

Whatever, you're not happy about this, I am. Next time just try to tone down the ******iness...

~Tario70
    1. That was my intention. I thought adding the tilde to my name like you did to yours and adding "Mr. Ostentatious" to my name as well got that point across.

2. I don't remember disputing any "reports" as you prefer to call them. Just what you said.

3. My 3GS was unlockable and I unlocked it when I sold it. Modem firmware 5.13.04 FTMFW!

4. I was no more douchiness in my response than you were with your "holier than thou" "neener neener" response.

5. I'm not happy about what? I'm always happy to get a new gadget. Hence why I, like many other MMi users, buy the newest iPhone every year. These things have planned obsolescence as the 3G owners with firmware 4.0 or above will attest to. Your 3GS has reached the end of its lifespan with your paltry 162MB available compared to those of us fortunate enough to have iPhone 4s with our 354MB available.

Nothing to tone down as it was all completely intentional. Call it a look in the mirror for what people thought of your post.

Stings a little, doesn't it? Any further responses from you can be directed to my inbox as we don't need to clutter up the thread with our bickering.

~Mr. ******

My iPhone is a Part of Me AKCHRIS's Avatar
    Thanks

LOL!!! I COULD Have told yall this Move was gonna happen. They are following the SAME trend as with the 3G to the 3G(S) to the 4G. So the Next incarnation of the iDevice will TRULY be a 4G. Just it will be called the 5G with 4G capabilities, IF that makes sense to you. As for the iPhone on T-Mobile, was there any doubt? BUT...SPRINT..That's the shocker, I'm guessing it was a way to make Sprint SHUT UP..LMAO!!!. Apple is Now TRULY being a Mobile Titan from the looks of THIS move.
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone6 16GB(Jailbroken
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Yosemite
    Cydia Account #895872

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

sweet! my contract ends in july next year so i can get the next gen, after this one
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Think it's best to wait til next year.

Quote Originally Posted by rockxz3 View Post
    am i to guess the RAM isnt going to be upgraded for the new processor so apple can keep their cheep ***** "10 hours of battery life ( if the brightness is all the way down)" so im not getting this if the ram isnt upgraded for the new processor
    what is a good processor if its bottlenecked by ram
    pathetic apple doo$h-canoes
    Agreed. Darn those bottlenecks

Thanks

i'll wait for i5
    cydia.myrepospace.com/Real-AngryPIG/

Quote Originally Posted by exo128 View Post
    Just the excuse I needed. Samsung Galaxy S2 here I come
    Quote.for.truth

Time to give Android a chance now that the OS has matured so much. 2 years back, iOS for sure. Now, Android has interested me, especially the SGS2.

there has already been a upgrade iphone 4 ver 2 black and white the phone is thicker to start with altered camera better signal and batt

how ever it will not take any updates from apple iv had 3 in a week
    now iv asked to get my money back

no problem the store sad

thats hear in the UK

also the WiFi don't work

as far as iP4S the S stands for the same stuff that comes out our backside's

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

Does it really matter what they call it? All these folks saying now they're going to an android phone. It's the processor, operating system, etc. that makes the phone. 4G would be nice but it's not available widespread yet. Still getting the 4GS. Better that it's released in sept cause I'll qualify for the upgrade

For T-mo users like me, I'm SUPER EXCITED! Too many decisions to make can finally be answered.... Do I upgrade now? Do I switch to AT&T? Do I jump to Verizon? Now I can just stay with my 3gs until Sept and upgrade normally to the iphone!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seal Team 6 View Post
    The current iPhone has 1080p recording...
    According to Apple - iPhone 4 - Size, weight, battery life, and other specs it has Video recording, HD (720p) up to 30 frames per second with audio

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    Really?? You should have gotten an iPhone 4!
    Nah I went 8GB 2G-> 32GB 3GS which was a nice big jump. 3GS -> 4 didn't seem worth the money imo.
    If the specs are right, I'll more than likely go 4S.

Green Apple
    Thanks

hspa+ is actually considered a 4g technology, just not as fast at LTE. hspa+ will have to be t-mobile/AT&T model.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast