Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: Apple to Release iPhone 4S, Not iPhone 5 This September on Sprint, T-Mobile

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seal Team 6 View Post
    The current iPhone has 1080p recording...
    720 not 1080 sorry bud.

Thanks

I was kind of hoping to be blown away with some new hardware... A bit disappointed but what can ya do :/

Im probably going to get it anyway ha, the iPhone 4 speed is comfortable so it will be interesting to see an how apple goes about an internal upgrade.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xxhorseriderxxx's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm waiting on the Galaxy s2 to come to america so I can buy it subsidized. Apple has ignored me as a power user for the last time. From the pure factsheets, iOS devices are now atleast a year behind androids with the exception of the screen resolution (a total waste of GPU power if you ask me). Androids get around 210ppi vs iPhone at 326ppi, right in between the 3rd gen devices at 164ppi.

Blah Blah Blah.

It's still the same boring OS we've seen for the last 4 generations. Same interface, same everything.

I'll be skipping this iPhone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxhorseriderxxx View Post
    I'm waiting on the Galaxy s2 to come to america so I can buy it subsidized. Apple has ignored me as a power user for the last time. From the pure factsheets, iOS devices are now atleast a year behind androids with the exception of the screen resolution (a total waste of GPU power if you ask me). Androids get around 210ppi vs iPhone at 326ppi, right in between the 3rd gen devices at 164ppi.
    It's not about the factsheet all the time. It's also (and more importantly IMO) about the efficency of the software running on that hardware. Have fun with android. Chances are you'll be back and saying something like omg I'm glad to be back that android was so slow, took crappy pics, etc.

Nonsense. I had tmobile for years and the new white iPhone come out and I leave tmobile for at&t and now this. tmobile is getting the iPhone just great.

I don't see why Apple would go through all the trouble of creating a Tmobile version when its extremely likely that AT&T will take it over. Seems like a poor decision to me when they're going to be the same network phones before it reaches end of life status.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

....pathetic i was anticipating the iPhone 5 along with every other member of my family...well I guess I have 2 wait longer now

Will there also be a new touch?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by modmywhat? View Post
    stop posting that picture saying it's the new iphone. Please. That is not the new iphone. That's just misleading. I have that same metal backplate.
    lmaoo true that

I think we all knew that this would happen one of these days. The iPhone wont remain on "top" forever. I'm enjoying it right now, but one day the "next-best-thing" will knock it off the device mountain. I just hope this isn't a sign that Apple is starting to lose their "touch". I'm pretty disappointed in this news, but like with ALL news about the iPhone, until it's proven true I'll keep my fingers crossed that this info is erroneous.
    Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Your an ignorant moron!
    fail

Quote Originally Posted by A3gOwner View Post
    It's not about the factsheet all the time. It's also (and more importantly IMO) about the efficency of the software running on that hardware. Have fun with android. Chances are you'll be back and saying something like omg I'm glad to be back that android was so slow, took crappy pics, etc.
    It's all about the custom roms for android. Custom Roms of android run circles around IOS. I have both, I love both. But I'll call a spade a spade.
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

All that sounds about right, I can see it happening.

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't say that I saw this coming, but I'm completely satisfied with my iPhone 4. I usually upgrade every year. Since I haven't heard enough proof of quality upgrades.... It doesn't entice me to want something else yet.

On another note..... How funny would it be if apple was sick of all the leaks & released a new iPhone next month with features we never expected.

I'll just keep my fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    If it has dual-core A5, 1GB RAM, 1080p video recording I might consider it. Probably no 4" Screen either :-(
    I guess I could hold out for another year with my 3GS
    Really?? You should have gotten an iPhone 4!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I don't know about you guys but I really can't stand that brushed metal back. I use a clear case(incipio feather in gloss clear for anyone who is curious) so I can see my phone but still protect it and I just don't think brushed metal would look that great. If it did then how come there aren't a lot of people rocking brushed aluminum cases?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Daerid's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been using less functionality in my iPhone4 since I picked up my iPad2. I think I'll stay with that combo till the iPhone5 comes out...

Thanks

It's about time all major carriers get a hold of the iPhone. Hopefully it'll make AT&T lower their rates. I may even switch to T-Mo. As for the 4GS, easily a pass. The iPhone 4 is more than enough phone for me. LTE iPhone 5 or bust!!!

This is nothing more than speculation which != fact. The only reason people are accepting this is because it comes from Forbes. If iPhone came to Sprint and T-Mobile, wouldn't it just raise production costs, especially since T-Mobile uses different 3G bands than AT&T? I would imagine that this iPhone would not be a dramatic upgrade to the iPhone 4, but I had to do some industry checks before I made that assertion. Haha!
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LSZ33 View Post
    It's about time all major carriers get a hold of the iPhone. Hopefully it'll make AT&T lower their rates. I may even switch to T-Mo. As for the 4GS, easily a pass. The iPhone 4 is more than enough phone for me. LTE iPhone 5 or bust!!!
    I second this. Although I don't mind the cost if only AT&T would beef up the network. If they lower the rate and keep things as they are that would be nice too but let's face is, we would gladly pay what we currently pay if we could have a more robust network.

I think the solution to the unlimited data problem though is like what T-Mobile and Verizon do, it's unlimited but once you go past 4 or 5 gigabytes your sh*t gets throttled back to 2800 baud modem speeds.

edit: just a thought...how come no carrier has introduced pro-rated data plans? you pay $30 for unlimited but if you go over a set amount it gets throttled down to almost nothing(which is actually fair to all the other subscribers that may not hog the data) but if you are severly under the cap then you get a credit on your next month's bill.
    Last edited by alexevo; 2011-05-14 at 06:52 AM.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast