Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak 4.2.1 with redsn0w 0.9.6b4

I mean userland

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone? ... No?... MYphone!!!

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"

Does anyone have a problem with installing sbsettings & activator? I have an iphone 4, and after JB'ing 4.2.1, I tried to install SBSettings/activator. After the springboard resprings, I was put in safe mode, and the only way to get out of safe mode was to uninstall Sbsettings/activator.

Help, please

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

I installed sbsettings no problem. Not sure why it is giving you issues.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

I am using SBSettings fine but i am on an iPad...Activator is working fine now too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DNAlex View Post
    Does anyone have a problem with installing sbsettings & activator? I have an iphone 4, and after JB'ing 4.2.1, I tried to install SBSettings/activator. After the springboard resprings, I was put in safe mode, and the only way to get out of safe mode was to uninstall Sbsettings/activator.

Help, please
    I only upgraded my iPad to 4.2.1 as of right now but when I installed sbsettings it told me that it wasn't currently ready for 4.2.1. So because of that some things may not be working great.

Just give it a little while, they'll release an update and it'll work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    I installed sbsettings no problem. Not sure why it is giving you issues.
    It works for me now, also, for some reason.

I guess so. I'm just happy I have sbsettings again. :-)

Also, I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, but I will risk it - does anyone have problems with the icons for the photos & camera apps when applying themes from winterboard? I have bought several complete themes on cydia in the past and they work great. However, with 4.2.1, the photos & camera icons don't get themed.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

@DNAlex
    Search ModMyI for 'GUIDE theming in 4.x,' VampireV should be able to help u!

OK, I have tried searching. Where can I find my IPSW? I am new to redsn0w.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    - My3G won't install at all.
    My3G does have problems installing and you get errors every time you run Cydia or even install something else BUT it does work. I was FaceTiming with my wife and son from work today on 3G (no wifi in the building). Strange but I'll take the functionality until intelliborn updates it (with no change log no doubt).
    Last edited by QuarterSwede; 2010-11-25 at 07:34 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to QuarterSwede For This Useful Post:

Happy Noodle Boy (2010-11-25)

iPhone? More like MyPhone psilocybin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rgbintx View Post
    OK, I have tried searching. Where can I find my IPSW? I am new to redsn0w.
    Your ipsw is the bundle (firmware) file you downloaded using iTunes

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    @DNAlex
    Search ModMyI for 'GUIDE theming in 4.x,' VampireV should be able to help u!
    Thank you! I did search for that, and it was very helpful. Problem solved! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by QuarterSwede View Post
    My3G does have problems installing and you get errors every time you run Cydia or even install something else BUT it does work. I was FaceTiming with my wife and son from work today on 3G (no wifi in the building). Strange but I'll take the functionality until intelliborn updates it (with no change log no doubt).
    Huh, well color me surprised it does work! I never bothered to try because of the errors. Thanks for the heads up!

What are the chances of pwange-tool being released for Windows as well this time?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by potenzo View Post
    What are the chances of pwange-tool being released for Windows as well this time?
    I know chpwn was working on this, not sure how far he has gotten though. Until then sn0wbreeze is the only option for windows. Or find a pwnage custom firmware and use that on windows.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Not the right thread to post but FYI i have been looking for this since i jailbroke yesterday. iOS 4.2.1 Cydia App Compatibility List ---->http://bit.ly/ftpnnQ
    Last edited by vantheman169; 2010-11-25 at 03:47 PM.

Is there any program offering WiFi tethering supporting 4.2?

Default Tethered?
    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Old 3GS is untethered
    Pardon my ignorance, but I know that tethered and untethered refers to plugging the phone into the computer. But what is a "tethered" or "untethered" jailbreak? Does the current break allow one to "tether" in the sense that you can once again use the iphone like a modem for your computer?

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jlensbo View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but I know that tethered and untethered refers to plugging the phone into the computer. But what is a "tethered" or "untethered" jailbreak? Does the current break allow one to "tether" in the sense that you can once again use the iphone like a modem for your computer?
    Untethered - Everything works normally, even after a reboot.

Tethered - Everything works normally, but if you reboot/power off your device one of 2 things will happen the next time you boot your phone:

1. THe phone will start up like normal, and you can use any native apps and iTunes apps just like usual, except in order to run any Cydia apps such as Cydia itself, ifile, etc. you will need to tether it to the computer and run the "just tethered boot" option in redsn0w. This of course will be the situation facing you if you have no mobile substrate based apps installed.

2. If you do have MS based apps installed, then upon booting up your phone, it will display the recovery mode logo and you will not be able to run even normal apps or anything until you run the "just tethered boot" option in redsn0w.

tethered boots aren't that great for iPhones unless you have fairly easy access to a computer most of the time, but they are not too bad for ipads and ipods (for most people), as they are relied upon less than a cell phone itself.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

mrdjflood (2010-11-26)

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast