Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 187

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iOS 4.2 Jailbreak Status Update

  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by vindutch View Post
    Redsn0w always freezes at Uploading ramdisk on ipad?
    Check CPUs under processes and make sure your only running one

  2. #162
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    981
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 102 Times in 99 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gldoorii View Post
    Cydia won't work properly though, so it's not worth it.
    well that's not exactly true, it's that there may be some compatibility issues

  3. #163
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Newington, CT
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The best method is to wait until a hack is released. That way it's a simple procedure.

  4. #164
    What's Jailbreak? ShredNasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Posts
    252
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 37 Times in 28 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Apple. View Post
    Wrong. Wrong. Wrong!!

    Saurik has made a few paid apps that i know of...cyntact and not a lot of people bought that.
    Only dev that sells apps is @Chpwn

    They do it for free. If they feel they have to complain and whine, then so be it. Because its true!
    All these inconsiderate and unappreciative @$$holes that cannot read or do research on their own complain as soon as something is not working for them and go complain to the dev team.

    and geohot left the scene for that specific reason..i would have got irritated with @$$holes like that too. People were BASHING HIM because he wasn't working FAST enough and sharing what HE created. Like it was his DUTY to do that. He's great at what he does.

    Also, he did not release limera1n to steal spotlight from the dev-team
    he released limera1n to stop them from wasting/releasing a new bootrom exploit. That benefited us end users because now, hopefully, the iPad 2 is jailbreakable without it even being released.
    A lot of iPhone Dev team members where in agreeance with his actions. However, chronic dev team was not.

    Get your facts straight before you post useless crud.
    Shhh, useless crud? Did you know Saurik takes a percentage of every paid app sold? Yep. And how did he acquire Rock, a company that made about $700,000 annually? They make bank, and if you don't know that you are so dumb. You are really dumb. For real.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

  5. #165
    What's Jailbreak? ShredNasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Posts
    252
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 37 Times in 28 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post

    How valuable is it to the community? Would things be as nice if Cydia never happened, and everyone had to install every single program and app and theme by hand? Or manually bundle them into the firmware before flashing, each and every time? Do you fully appreciate the amount of chaos there would be, if individual users had to manually verify file versions, dependencies and conflicts for every single thing they loaded?

    Uninstall???
    How many users would have wanted to bother JB in the first place?
    What if Apple didn't have an online store or physical stores and you had to drive to Cupertino to buy an iPhone?

    Thank you Apple for making an online store for free! Let me s your effing d!

    It's a plumber's responsibility to drive himself to work, and it's the dev's responsibility to create an environment in which their products can thrive. If that means a jailbreak or Cydia, it's THEIR job to make them happen.

    Whine cry leave, who cares? Another talented person will step in, poised to capitalize on the market. Period.

    Not that they aren't skilled. Not that I don't appreciate them. Not that I side with asshats that badger them about release dates. I just don't buy into their sob stories. If they don't like it, bail. There's a reason some b!tch but never act. Money.

    And for the record, peep my posts. I've NEVER asked about a release date. Not. Once.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    Shhh, useless crud? Did you know Saurik takes a percentage of every paid app sold? Yep. And how did he acquire Rock, a company that made about $700,000 annually? They make bank, and if you don't know that you are so dumb. You are really dumb. For real.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    What if Apple didn't have an online store or physical stores and you had to drive to Cupertino to buy an iPhone?

    Thank you Apple for making an online store for free! Let me s your effing d!

    It's a plumber's responsibility to drive himself to work, and it's the dev's responsibility to create an environment in which their products can thrive. If that means a jailbreak or Cydia, it's THEIR job to make them happen.

    Whine cry leave, who cares? Another talented person will step in, poised to capitalize on the market. Period.

    Not that they aren't skilled. Not that I don't appreciate them. Not that I side with asshats that badger them about release dates. I just don't buy into their sob stories. If they don't like it, bail. There's a reason some b!tch but never act. Money.

    And for the record, peep my posts. I've NEVER asked about a release date. Not. Once.
    Gentlemen, Gentlemen.

    Remember this thread is about the 4.2.1 update, not jailbreak community drama.
    Community manager of TheRaged, Inc.

    Go ahead and follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/zachthecat

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    What if Apple didn't have an online store or physical stores and you had to drive to Cupertino to buy an iPhone?

    Thank you Apple for making an online store for free! Let me s your effing d!

    It's a plumber's responsibility to drive himself to work, and it's the dev's responsibility to create an environment in which their products can thrive. If that means a jailbreak or Cydia, it's THEIR job to make them happen.

    Whine cry leave, who cares? Another talented person will step in, poised to capitalize on the market. Period.

    Not that they aren't skilled. Not that I don't appreciate them. Not that I side with asshats that badger them about release dates. I just don't buy into their sob stories. If they don't like it, bail. There's a reason some b!tch but never act. Money.

    And for the record, peep my posts. I've NEVER asked about a release date. Not. Once.
    amen.

    i agree with this 100%

  8. #168
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    981
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 102 Times in 99 Posts

    Not trying to add fuel to the fire but, Total Rock Your Phone Store revenue (March 12th, 2009 - September 2010): $3.3+ million

    The rock your phone revenue came from mmi article about saurikIT llc buying rock your phone Inc. If rock your phone brought in 3.3 million how much did saurik pay to acquire it?
    Last edited by iPittsburgh; 2010-11-24 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #169
    What's Jailbreak? ShredNasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Posts
    252
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 37 Times in 28 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iPittsburgh View Post
    Not trying to add fuel to the fire but, Total Rock Your Phone Store revenue (March 12th, 2009 - September 2010): $3.3+ million

    The rock your phone revenue came from mmi article about saurikIT llc buying rock your phone Inc. If rock your phone brought in 3.3 million how much did saurik pay to acquire it?
    Exactly. But jailbreaking is free. They make no money....
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

  10. #170
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    981
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 102 Times in 99 Posts

    Back do the original point of the thread I just googled ultrasn0w and I found a blog (bulletin blips) that stated you can jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 with ultrasn0w 0.96b3. If you update to 4.2.1 you would use redsn0w 0.9.4b4 but keep in mind you will most likely be tethered. This is why people get mislead when trying to jailbreak their iPhones.

  11. #171
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    There may be many ways to get from A to Z, but you know very few are patient enought, smart enough, or care to go thru the intricate details necessary to make all it work correctly. The engineers maybe ... an average user .... not in my lifetime.

    Hense the reason behind our famous jb'ing/unlocking tools.

  12. #172

  13. #173
    What's Jailbreak? ShredNasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Posts
    252
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 37 Times in 28 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    There may be many ways to get from A to Z, but you know very few are patient enought, smart enough, or care to go thru the intricate details necessary to make all it work correctly. The engineers maybe ... an average user .... not in my lifetime.

    Hense the reason behind our famous jb'ing/unlocking tools.
    Exactly. Create average consumer friendly tools so that you have a larger audience to sell apps tweaks and themes to. And create a store front which will take a percentage of each dollar made, not to mention sell ad space. Jailbreaking is a multimillion dollar business.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

  14. #174
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Outter Space
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 114 Times in 75 Posts

    Thought i would bump this thread with a little news for the unlockers out there!

    Via Twitter see thumbnail.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screen-shot-2010-11-25-12.46.54-pm.png  

  15. #175
    Thanks! That clears up some doubts but...

    Where do I download MobileTerminal from? And then where do I install the ultrasn0w package to my computer from? Finally, must I upload the package to a specific file in my iphone?

  16. #176
    Default No network after jb 4.2
    First HAPPY T DAY everbuddy ok j/b with redsn0w 4.2 everything went great have repeated it 3 times and still cant get my network to come up everything else perfect any suggestions ( I probally didnt give enough info lol ) thx

  17. #177
    OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Gatos, Ca
    Posts
    401
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Apple. View Post
    Wrong. Wrong. Wrong!!

    Saurik has made a few paid apps that i know of...cyntact and not a lot of people bought that.
    Only dev that sells apps is @Chpwn

    They do it for free. If they feel they have to complain and whine, then so be it. Because its true!
    All these inconsiderate and unappreciative @$ that cannot read or do research on their own complain as soon as something is not working for them and go complain to the dev team.

    and geohot left the scene for that specific reason..i would have got irritated with @$ like that too. People were BASHING HIM because he wasn't working FAST enough and sharing what HE created. Like it was his DUTY to do that. He's great at what he does.

    Also, he did not release limera1n to steal spotlight from the dev-team
    he released limera1n to stop them from wasting/releasing a new bootrom exploit. That benefited us end users because now, hopefully, the iPad 2 is jailbreakable without it even being released.
    A lot of iPhone Dev team members where in agreeance with his actions. However, chronic dev team was not.

    Get your facts straight before you post useless crud.


    Well said, gets my vote.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to LGgeek For This Useful Post:

    raduga (2010-12-01)

  19. #178
    iPhone? More like MyPhone back9player's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    your mom's house
    Posts
    151
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Apple. View Post
    Wrong. Wrong. Wrong!!

    Saurik has made a few paid apps that i know of...cyntact and not a lot of people bought that.
    Only dev that sells apps is @Chpwn

    They do it for free. If they feel they have to complain and whine, then so be it. Because its true!
    All these inconsiderate and unappreciative @$$holes that cannot read or do research on their own complain as soon as something is not working for them and go complain to the dev team.

    and geohot left the scene for that specific reason..i would have got irritated with @$$holes like that too. People were BASHING HIM because he wasn't working FAST enough and sharing what HE created. Like it was his DUTY to do that. He's great at what he does.

    Also, he did not release limera1n to steal spotlight from the dev-team
    he released limera1n to stop them from wasting/releasing a new bootrom exploit. That benefited us end users because now, hopefully, the iPad 2 is jailbreakable without it even being released.
    A lot of iPhone Dev team members where in agreeance with his actions. However, chronic dev team was not.

    Get your facts straight before you post useless crud.
    Wrong again champ...

    When was the last time you saw their donation account? Just asking...

    Once again, big ego. You said it yourself that not all the members agreed. You talk like you actually did some work yourself. Like you know exactly how it went down, even though you don't... Yet that doesn't stop you from calling out others for the same violation. Get my facts straight? You're a joke son.

    Save the exploit? Why did geo need to save the exploit exactly?
    I thought it was a chip exploit and jailbreaks for life? Isn't your point a bit moot? Or do you have one at all?

    But let's just say you actually make sense and geo was trying to "save an exploit"... Like the grand hero that he is. Why couldn't it be the other way around? Why couldnt the dev team be "saving" geo's exploit? They already set a date for release. Here comes that pesky ego again. So I guess you are wrong again... Oops!

  20. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by LGgeek View Post
    Well said, gets my vote.
    Your comment is also "well said" and also earns my vote.

    The quoted post got many of the facts wrong, and slurred a number of details, but the overall gist- that what Saurik is doing is a good thing and worthy of supporting, is pretty much sound.

    There are times when a well-said but factually inaccurate post can be a real nuisance; but for the reasons above I really have no problem with Apple.'s comments and urge MMi users to rally round and diss the backbiting whingers.

  21. #180
    Can anyone tell me if I need 2 re-jb every time I update? Currently Ip4 on iOS 4.1 jb via green pois0n.

    Or is there an update for the jb that will work to fix the issues on the new iOS if I do the jb before updating the iOS?

    Also do we have 2 reinstall all the apps each time? I had 2 dl them again after I went from 4.0 jailbreakme to 4.1 green pois0n, my settings reverted back 2 how I had them b4 after dl but it was still a pain 2 respring multiple times.

    Sorry i'm a n00b to the iPhone circle.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •