Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.2 Jailbreak Status Update

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Wait a few days. Take time to read about other 'too excited to wait' users issues & problems. Give our jb'ing team time to do thier magic
    NO!!! DO NOT WAIT TO SAVE YOUR SHSH BLOBS!!! DO IT NOW!!! (see previous post)

I dunno if Apple is still signing 4.1, but it's worth a shot if they are.

Quote Originally Posted by villeveee View Post
    so is this untethered jailbreak on my iphone 3gs old boot ?! pls reply ?
    yes bro

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    NO!!! DO NOT WAIT TO SAVE YOUR SHSH BLOBS!!! DO IT NOW!!! (see previous post)

I dunno if Apple is still signing 4.1, but it's worth a shot if they are.
    ^Absolutely agree.

Save your SHSH blobs now!!!

WAIT TO UPDATE! You gave Apple months for this release, give out jb teams a few days to make it happen

has anybody updated to 4.2.1 and jb any issue with sbsettings?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qucina View Post
    has anybody updated to 4.2.1 and jb any issue with sbsettings?
    Yes and yes. There are small issues with almost everything!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Yes and yes. There are small issues with almost everything!!
    thats right but at first it work fine then it turn the phone in safe mode cycle.

I thought there was an A4 exploit in reserve since last....

Does anyone know when the 4.2 jailbreak will be coming out for the iOS4? I have seen a lot about the update and it looks amazing! You can change the fonts in notes and stuff and I could really use that.

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

Once again, I can wait lol

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XxAlecxX View Post
    Does anyone know when the 4.2 jailbreak will be coming out for the iOS4? I have seen a lot about the update and it looks amazing! You can change the fonts in notes and stuff and I could really use that.
    It will come soon. Please wait a few days for everthing to come together. Take a vacation or spend time w/the kids . You will be happy you did

Quote Originally Posted by XxAlecxX View Post
    It's already out with the new redsn0w.

Wow , There are 3 genuine posts here.
    1. When is jailbreak coming out ?
    2. Be patient
    3. Hahah noobs getting there iDevice pwned.

Jeez how hard is it to read.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^Its time for my vacation. Let the noobs bleed all over themselves trying to be the 1st on the block with a new updated toy. Geeezeeee!!

Quote Originally Posted by corkey20000 View Post
    It's just a phone?
    its not just a phone....its an (i)phone

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    In the past, the MC models only referred to the iPod Touch. Hopefully this jailbreak will follow those same guidelines.
    Well, my iPhone is an "MC" model as well. I always thought it was referring to how late it was manufactured. (However, I am relatively new to this so I can be wrong.)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHoodRich View Post
    Hi can you please let us know when the unlock for 4.1 with firmware ver 2.10.04 will be released

HoodRich 4 Life my iPhone using ModMyi
    No time is going to be released.
    Come back in 72 Hours and see what another update would hold.
    Quote Originally Posted by nylmartinez View Post
    I am very pleased to read this information. However my 3g iphone's wifi chip is broken. Therefore, I wanted to know if there would be anyway to unlock the phone without needing to use the wifi?

Thanks!!!
    The only jailbreak to my knowledge that required wifi or 3g was jailbreakme. The rest are done on your computer connected to your device.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    By new devices you mean iPhone 4???
    I'm sure it wont be tethered as a exploit was never released, SHAtter I recall.
    I hate threads like these, YOU CAN NOT FIND any usefull information due to the amount of noob posts. Argh. >_<
    There is useful information all over the place. Right now, everyone is just saying to sit tight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interloper View Post
    Yes, however, there is always a chance that it was plugged up by Apple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Throne030 View Post
    Wow , There are 3 genuine posts here.
    1. When is jailbreak coming out ?
    2. Be patient
    3. Hahah noobs getting there iDevice pwned.

Jeez how hard is it to read.
    1 and 2 will always happen.

3 is my category but, I was just tinkering with redsn0w hoping it would work.
    Community manager of TheRaged, Inc.

Go ahead and follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/zachthecat

Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    When I upgraded from 4.0.1 to 4.1 on my iPhone 4, I preserved the 01.59.00 baseband. While I do not unlock, I prefer to keep my phone as unlockable as possible for when I sell it. Is there currently a way to keep the older 01.59.00 baseband and upgrade to 4.2.1?
    Not yet. Tiny Umbrella is no longer able to kick you out of recovery. 4.2.1 has a baseband version check that will stop your device from booting if your baseband was not updated. Just use tiny umbrella to save your shsh blobs for 4.2.1. I do the same thing. I know its hard but be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Interloper View Post
    There is but they r saving it for the new iphone 5. That is a hardware exploit. Why waste it. If they use that exploit now then Apple will fix the A4 chip on the new phones.
    Last edited by vindutch; 2010-11-23 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

17. The Following User Says Thank You to vindutch For This Useful Post:

raduga (2010-11-23)

iPhone? More like MyPhone AmadeusKaelPyralis's Avatar
    Thanks

Pardon my lack of technical understanding in this (especially about the SHSH blobs thing, that really baffles me).

I have an iPhone4, 4.0.1 jailbroken, and I MAY have SHSH blobs (done by mistake) for 4.0.2 [it was an whole Apple fiasco with my original iPhone4 and jailbreaking].

How do I upgrade and jailbreak to 4.2.1? Your understanding and explanation is greatly appreciated (and will be thanked).

Quote Originally Posted by AmadeusKaelPyralis View Post
    Pardon my lack of technical understanding in this (especially about the SHSH blobs thing, that really baffles me).

I have an iPhone4, 4.0.1 jailbroken, and I MAY have SHSH blobs (done by mistake) for 4.0.2 [it was an whole Apple fiasco with my original iPhone4 and jailbreaking].

How do I upgrade and jailbreak to 4.2.1? Your understanding and explanation is greatly appreciated (and will be thanked).
    Step 1: wait.

While you wait, a complete and comprehensive JB solution will be devised and then released. When it is available, there will be posts saying "it is available" and Faerie Princesses will drop from the heavens and moors to annoint your iPhone, and everything will be just dandy.

Until then, refer to Step #1.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to raduga For This Useful Post:

AmadeusKaelPyralis (2010-11-23)

Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    I'm totally over jailbreaking for now. I've been in the scene since the 2G days, but I'm tired of it. Some problems due to me, some Apple and some the devs. From 3Gs to i4 was a pain. Compatibility issues with Cydia apps. Then 4.0.1 to 4.1. Just a time consuming update. Then rock acquisition. Epic asspains. Then i4 replacement for prox switch. Epic asspains round 2. Then bad jailbreak, needing restore. Annoying. Now, 4.2 + new Cydia? I can already see what's up. 5.0 will be out before the devs catch up with app compatibility. I'm tired of cat and mouse, tired of worrying so I can have SB Settings and winterboard. Im tired of constantly having to f*ck with my goddamn phone. I just want it to work maintenance free. I'm goin stock for a while, maybe permanent.
    This was such an awesome nervous breakdown. Don't get all stressed out about it. Look at it this way, if you don't use the new features, or if you're happy with your current setup, simply don't upgrade for a couple weeks. Watch and see what tools come out. There's a lot of confusion during the first 24 hours of an update being released - turn off your computer and walk away for a bit. Your phone won't combust into shards of sharp glass if it's not updated right away.

The iPhone is a mobile computer, and with any computer you have to learn how to operate it properly, which can take time an patience. Maybe you should look to getting a phone that isn't as complicated to use... something a little more stress-free...

Quote Originally Posted by AmadeusKaelPyralis View Post

It's a tethered jailbreak. I tried twice with no luck.
    Here is a guide on how to do it: HOW TO: Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 iPhone 4, 3gs, 3g, iPad, iPodTouch with Redsn0w 0.9.6b4
    Community manager of TheRaged, Inc.

Go ahead and follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/zachthecat

23. The Following User Says Thank You to zachthecat For This Useful Post:

AmadeusKaelPyralis (2010-11-23)

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast