Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.2 Jailbreak Status Update

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

DANG IT! It's good news that 4.2.1 can be JB already, but i'm not upgrading until @comex or geohotz makes it untethered!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nylmartinez View Post
    I am very pleased to read this information. However my 3g iphone's wifi chip is broken. Therefore, I wanted to know if there would be anyway to unlock the phone without needing to use the wifi?

Thanks!!!
    Yes. it's not recommended, but when ultrasnow is release, use iphonebrowser (or other USB methods) to copy ultrasnow from computer to iPhone, then use Mobile Terminal or iFile (from iPhone) to install. dpkg -i ultrasnow.deb

Quote Originally Posted by off10hot View Post
    yall are a bunch of babies. All you do is benfit from somebody elses scripts and exploits and you just b!tch about it like there is no tomorrow. Oh it was so soooo hard for you to use somebody elses hard work how dare you. Leave the community. it's @$ like yall that made geo almost not come out with a jailbreak for iphone 4.
    puhleeease... not another geo defender. That dude was the biggest whiner.
    If the 'scripts and exploits' make your device unusable, then, yeah, you have a valid reason to 'b!tch' (I like that spelling, BTW). All that 'hard work' don't mean squat if you are constantly respringing or rebooting 'cause sh!t is crashing left and right.

Now you can continue geo's rant of how the scene was better in the 'olden days' when only l33ts could JB because it was harder and now it's just too easy so all the unwashed masses can do it... and who helped get you there? Oh, right: geo. Don't open Pandora's Box and complain about the results.

PS: JB for 4 would have come out without geo.

so is this untethered jailbreak on my iphone 3gs old boot ?! pls reply ?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by villeveee View Post
    Yes the new redsn0w is untethered on old boot 3GS for 4.2.1

Quote Originally Posted by villeveee View Post

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Yes the new redsn0w is untethered on old boot 3GS for 4.2.1
    as x98car said - note: only the old boot rom is untethered for now

sorry had a new bot rom not an old boot rom 3gs can I update to 4.2 and jailbreak? and if yes what jailbreak should i use and where should i get it from ? thanks

i cant wait for an unlock for my 3gs old bootrom

When I upgraded from 4.0.1 to 4.1 on my iPhone 4, I preserved the 01.59.00 baseband. While I do not unlock, I prefer to keep my phone as unlockable as possible for when I sell it. Is there currently a way to keep the older 01.59.00 baseband and upgrade to 4.2.1?
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

The official tools have not been released yet for 4.2.1.

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy742 View Post
    DANG IT! It's good news that 4.2.1 can be JB already, but i'm not upgrading until @comex or geohotz makes it untethered!
    same,even tho i am on atnt now i still want my jb =)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    When I upgraded from 4.0.1 to 4.1 on my iPhone 4, I preserved the 01.59.00 baseband. While I do not unlock, I prefer to keep my phone as unlockable as possible for when I sell it. Is there currently a way to keep the older 01.59.00 baseband and upgrade to 4.2.1?
    Wait a bit more. Your patience will be rewarded

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

By new devices you mean iPhone 4???
    I'm sure it wont be tethered as a exploit was never released, SHAtter I recall.
    I hate threads like these, YOU CAN NOT FIND any usefull information due to the amount of noob posts. Argh. >_<
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 2010-11-23 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by qbz206 View Post
    What the Hell???!!!!

The headline is confusing!

I just upgraded my phone and tried greenpoison and limera1n and it wont work!!!

SO is it not possible to JB the iphone 4 yet on 4.2 or what?
    There always comes a point in time when it becomes oh so entertaining to see the morons that are too lazy to read screw up...

I just upgraded my phone and tried greenpoison and limera1n and it wont work!!!
    ...AND THEN ask why it doesn't work...

SO is it not possible to JB the iphone 4 yet on 4.2 or what?
    ...and blame someone/something for their laziness...

What the Hell???!!!!

The headline is confusing!
    For me, this post marked that point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    By new devices you mean iPhone 4???
    I'm sure it wont be tethered as a exploit was never released, SHAtter I recall.
    I hate threads like these, YOU CAN NOT FIND any usefull information due to the amount of noob posts. Argh. >_<
    This thread contains the most useful information of all... DON'T UPDATE YET. At this point in time, there is absolutely NOTHING more useful than that.
    Last edited by Rokesomesmeefer; 2010-11-23 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Don't update people !!!!!!!!

Be patient, check back in two or three days. Let the dust settle. You gave Apple months to release this, give our team a few days !!!!!

I have a NIB iPhone 4 4.0.2 ios. I will need to unlock it to use it. Should I update to 4.1 jailbreak and save my shsh blobs, or stay at 4.0.2 til the jailbreak and unlock for 4.2.1 are out?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Do not update to 4.1! It will lock your baseband.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyboy_66 View Post
    I have a NIB iPhone 4 4.0.2 ios. I will need to unlock it to use it. Should I update to 4.1 jailbreak and save my shsh blobs, or stay at 4.0.2 til the jailbreak and unlock for 4.2.1 are out?
    You do not need to update to save SHSH blobs. As long as Apple is still signing them, all you need to do is use Tiny Umbrella. Tiny Umbrella will get SHSH blobs for ALL firmwares that Apple is still signing regardless of the version currently on your device.

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Wait a bit more. Your patience will be rewarded
    Haha, thanks. I don't mind waiting at all. I was just curious if there was currently a way to do this.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyboy_66 View Post
    Wait a few days. Take time to read about other 'too excited to wait' users issues & problems. Give our jb'ing team time to do thier magic

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast