Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.2 Jailbreak Status Update

Ha ha so funny that some 1 ask why you would wanna jb ipad um multitasking and folders just don't do it why post somthing stupid um iam no noob on here I read everyday but never really post to I see some funny funny

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey guys.

When I was upgrading from 4.0.1 to 4.1 my baseband remained un-upgraded 01.59.00. I upgraded using itunes on windows. My friends iphone 4 baseband was upgraded as you would expect, but not mine. Not that I am bothered as my ip4 is sim free, but it's just weird... Any1 knows the cause of this?

edit: I think this might be the answer to my question:

@notcom last tweet:

I remember what happened to me when I was upgrading my iPhone 4 from 4.0.1 to 4.1. During upgrade process iTunes gave me this error 1013 and put my iphone in to recovery mode. Then I used TU to kick it out of recovery mode and the phone was already on 4.1, but the baseband stayed on 01.59.00. Interesting, but why did this happen to me? Maybe because I had Signal app installed and that prevented my baseband to be upgraded for some reason?
    Last edited by zYxMa; 2010-11-23 at 11:40 AM.

Ha ha stupid spell check on the iPhone

Hi can you please let us know when the unlock for 4.1 with firmware ver 2.10.04 will be released

I currently have a 3GS MC133B with a 05.11.07 bootrom and 4.0 firmware.

Is my iphone classed as one of the new devices or older?

Reason I ask is will I be able to jailbreak and unlock untethered when the new jailbreak and unlock is released?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by apano View Post
    Hi can you please let us know when the unlock for 4.1 with firmware ver 2.10.04 will be released
    Apano, please refer to this quote whenever that question comes to your head:
    the new unlock should be coming out shortly.
    Patience is a virtue. No one knows anymore than you do, if you wish to dig deeper, there is a search function on the forums; suggest you do that.

Quote Originally Posted by sm.vassallo View Post
    I currently have a 3GS MC133B with a 05.11.07 bootrom and 4.0 firmware.

Is my iphone classed as one of the new devices or older?

Reason I ask is will I be able to jailbreak and unlock untethered when the new jailbreak and unlock is released?

Thanks,
    From what I have read, I believe the models are separated into two categories. The MB and the MC models.
    The MC models include the latest 3GS and 4 phones, so I would think that they are the newer ones (my phone was bought a week ago and it is a MC model).

And to answer your question, yes. If you mean when an untethered release comes out, yes you may jailbreak and unlock it (if the baseband allows it) if you want.

However, I can't preach this enough; wait for the dev team to answer your questions before jumping into something.
    Last edited by zachthecat; 2010-11-23 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Community manager of TheRaged, Inc.

Go ahead and follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/zachthecat

Default Unlock for Baseband 5.14 on 3gs ios 4.1
    i have iphone 3gs with ios 4.1 baseband 5.14.02 and bootloader 6.04 it already jailbroken but not unlocked.

Can anyone tellme when the unlock for it will be available

Quote Originally Posted by kashif.hussain View Post
    i have iphone 3gs with ios 4.1 baseband 5.14.02 and bootloader 6.04 it already jailbroken but not unlocked.

Do people read half of the first post and just skip the coversation afterward?

As I told a user above:
    the new unlock should be coming out shortly.
    Be patient. No one knows more than you do.

Quote Originally Posted by kashif.hussain View Post
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    I don't get why you would want to ask such a dumb question. This is "modmyi". The focus and purpose of this website is to facilitate iDevice users who want more from their devices than Apple allows for. By your logic no one has any reason to jailbreak an iPhone, and iPod touch, or an iPad. Take your nonsense to another website.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by apano View Post
    no time frame stop asking.................

But it does seem JB is out Redsnow 0.9.6b4, tethered atm
    http://blog.iphone-dev.org/
    Last edited by mudslag; 2010-11-23 at 12:04 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mudslag For This Useful Post:

davez (2010-11-23)

Quote Originally Posted by mudslag View Post
    no time frame stop asking.................

But it does seem JB is out Redsnow 0.9.6b4, tethered atm
    Dev-Team Blog
    I tried using redsn0w twice (I don't care if it is tethered) and it didn't pull through. I don't think that JB is working. Probably when something new gets released, we will see a smooth break.

Cool looks like I will have to do a custom firmware again.

Hopefully the dev team will give us good news.

Thanks

well just JB iPad but Cydia just wont work

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zachthecat View Post
    Apano, please refer to this quote whenever that question comes to your head:

Patience is a virtue. No one knows anymore than you do, if you wish to dig deeper, there is a search function on the forums; suggest you do that.

From what I have read, I believe the models are separated into two categories. The MB and the MC models.
    The MC models include the latest 3GS and 4 phones, so I would think that they are the newer ones (my phone was bought a week ago and it is a MC model).

And to answer your question, yes. If you mean when an untethered release comes out, yes you may jailbreak and unlock it (if the baseband allows it) if you want.

However, I can't preach this enough; wait for the dev team to answer your questions before jumping into something.
    In the past, the MC models only referred to the iPod Touch. Hopefully this jailbreak will follow those same guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by zachthecat View Post
    I would recommend you to sit tight before updating. In fact, I would recommend you downgrade your device to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 because ios4 is definitely not for the iPhone 3G.

This release from Apple is fairly new so wait about 72 hours for more information from the dev team.
    Thank you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

HoodRich 4 Life my iPhone using ModMyi
    HoodRich-4-Life

I am very pleased to read this information. However my 3g iphone's wifi chip is broken. Therefore, I wanted to know if there would be anyway to unlock the phone without needing to use the wifi?

Thanks!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

Stop being idiots, it will be here when its here
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic