Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.2 Now Available : Not Ready For Jailbreak

@ibednego, u have to manually update Cydia, u can find a tutorial...
    and yes, can be jailbroken

I hope the unlock gets released soon, I am in desperate need of it. Until then, we can wait patiently for the newer devices to be jailbroken that's untheathered.
    VinhSon Nguyen
    Motion Graphics Designer

If I helped you in any way, please don't hesitate to click the "Thanks" button!

Quote Originally Posted by bigorangekitty View Post
    redsn0w is a Tethered jailbreak. You need to run redsn0w everytime you want to run your phone in "jailbreak mode". Without it, your phone runs as the regular iphone. Run redsn0w and unplug your phone, keeping it charged, and you will run in jailbreak mode. Be sure you've patched cydia.

All information is here:

jailbreak:
    Jailbreak 4.2.1 iOS iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G, iPod touch 4G, 3G with Redsn0w | Redmond Pie

ssh:
    How to Install Jailbreak Apps on iOS 4.2.1 without Cydia Using Redsn0w | Redmond Pie

patch cydia:
    Install Cydia on iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak - How to Guide | Redmond Pie
    Quick question- I followed these guides but when it says... " run Redsn0w again and this time select “Install Custom Bundle” & “Just boot tethered right now” options." I am only able to select one or the other, not both. I am using Redsn0w 0.9.6b3 for Windows.

Can't wait for the unlock! My dumb *** updated my firmware today not knowing you can't unlock 4.1... So right now, I don't have a phone.
    Last edited by ihearkat; 2010-11-23 at 01:53 AM.

Well for anyone curious, you can't update, start the free find my iPhone deal (using either a trial me account or your current Apple ID), then downgrade back to 4.1 and use said account to login to MobileMe.

Oh well, worth a shot :P

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

nomadnomad7 (2010-11-23)

At the Apple store at Yorkdale Mall in Toronto today they told me if is not an iPhone 4 or iPod touch 4 DO NOT UPDATE. 4.2.2 is due shortly for lower devices.

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    And the Flood of questions are about to begin.
    Are they?

WHEN is the JB/Unlock coming out?

Aren't they the same thing?

What's new in the new version?

Is it safe to..._________?

Is there a _________?

WHY shouldn't I________?

HELP!! I upgraded and now can't __________?

That should just about cover it.

If anyone cares I got my ipad on 4.2.1 jb'd but hardly any damn thing works.
    First go round I went for sbsettings which includes preference loader, activator, mobilesubstrate, among others and ipad wouldnt boot. Not sure which of these if not all caused it tho...
    round two installed ********** from hackulo to get a few cracked apps in and waddya kno, worked perfect.

I think this is another one where anything that need mobilesubstrate is a wrap until it gets updated by its respective developers Fun indeed

I just wish i could get free find my phone becaus ei dont know anyone with a iphone 4:/

Banned
    Thanks

A heads up for iPad owners. FullForce no longer wants to be installed.
    Cydia keeps removing it when you do anything if its installed.

Also I no longer have access to SETTINGS. It keeps dropping back out when I try to load it up...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    did the baseband change with this update?

iPhone? More like MyPhone bigorangekitty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by juggz143 View Post
    hardly any damn thing works.
    First go round I went for sbsettings which includes preference loader, activator, mobilesubstrate, among others and ipad wouldnt boot.
    Same here. I believe mobilesubstrate needs updating.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nomadnomad7 View Post
    Quick question- I followed these guides but when it says... " run Redsn0w again and this time select “Install Custom Bundle” & “Just boot tethered right now” options." I am only able to select one or the other, not both. I am using Redsn0w 0.9.6b3 for Windows.
    Then do what it says.

run Redsn0w again and this time select “Install Custom Bundle”
    &
    run Redsn0w again and this time select “Just boot tethered right now”

Quote Originally Posted by juggz143
    If anyone cares I got my ipad on 4.2.1 jb'd but hardly any damn thing works. First go round I went for sbsettings which includes preference loader, activator, mobilesubstrate, among others and ipad wouldnt boot. Not sure which of these if not all caused it tho... round two installed ********** from hackulo to get a few cracked apps in and waddya kno, worked perfect. I think this is another one where anything that need mobilesubstrate is a wrap until it gets updated by its respective developers Fun indeed
    It's the mobilesubstrate that kills it. I tired to get iLocalis working which installs ms. I had the same behavior.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Then do what it says.

run Redsn0w again and this time select “Install Custom Bundle”
    &
    run Redsn0w again and this time select “Just boot tethered right now”
    First off, I did exactly what it said.

Secondly, I tried they way you suggested as well but I do appreciate your help.

I ended up going back to 4.1 but I am looking forward to MobileMe find my iPhone for free when a jb for 4.2 is officially released.

Has the unlock for 4.1 came out yet?

No it's not

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

soldatgks (2010-11-23)

Quote Originally Posted by soldatgks View Post
    Has the unlock for 4.1 came out yet?
    nope

21. The Following User Says Thank You to DevouredDreams For This Useful Post:

soldatgks (2010-11-23)

I hope it comes out soon

i know alot of you all are waitng on the unlock and it will be out soon enough as soon as it is youll see modmyi have a news post on it.. have a great day/night all of you unlockers lol

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast