Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.2 Now Available : Not Ready For Jailbreak

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    No, because once you downgrade back to 4.1 it restores your phone to factory settings and will wipe the free mobile me account from your phone.
    Can't I sign in with it? I thought the stipulation is that you can only MAKE the account from a 4.2.1 device, but once it's made...

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    So theoretically speaking, can I:

1. Update to 4.2.1 (iPhone 4)
    2. Make free MobileMe Account for Find My iPhone
    3. Downgrade back to 4.1
    4. Jailbreak + Find My iPhone goodness?!?!
    As far as the Moblie Me goes, you can sign up for free but its a 60 day trial then have to pay the $99 bucks to continue. So the (Find My IPhone) app is free but after 60 days you'll need to pay the fee for continued use for the service.

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    As far as the Moblie Me goes, you can sign up for free but its a 60 day trial then have to pay the $99 bucks to continue. So the (Find My IPhone) app is free but after 60 days you'll need to pay the fee for continued use for the service.
    Have you bothered to read about this update at all?

Jesus Christ. I really ******* wish people would learn to read.

"Cydia won't open", "can I jailbreak this?". It's all in the opening post, READ IT!

Thanks

Have you bothered to read about this update at all?
    Yes i have, but when you goto sign up on me.com says right there 60 day trial, and if you go into the app store and download the app, it right there on the app page REQUIRES Mobile ME!!!!

Yes i have, but when you goto sign up on me.com says right there 60 day trial, and if you go into the app store and download the app, it right there on the app page REQUIRES Mobile ME!!!!
    Apple - iPhone - How to set up Find My iPhone

Follow the steps below to set up the free Find My iPhone feature.* Already a MobileMe subscriber? Visit the MobileMe site to learn how to set up your device.
    Seriously, read before you comment.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Jailbreak 4.2.1
    According to the Dev-Team Blog, 4.2.1 is jailbreakable with pwnagetool. But it will be a tethered jailbreak.

Good News!!! Just tweeted by the Dev Team and on blog site

Thanksgiving with Apple
    With Turkey Day a few days off, today Apple publicly released FW version 4.2.1. As always, ultrasn0w unlockers please stay far far away from this official firmware (and all official firmware). Wait for the ability to create custom 4.2.1. IPSWs that don’t update your baseband! If you’re not an unlocker, read on!

The best news of all is for owners of iPhone3G, older iPhone3GS, and non-MC iPod touch 2G. Due to a combination of our original pwnage2 exploit, the arm7_go exploit, 24kpwn, and limera1n, your device is “just as jailbreakable as ever.” You reap the full benefit of an untethered 4.2.1 jailbreak.

Next are the owners of all the more recent devices. The good news there is that due to geohot’s limera1n exploit, all recent devices can be jailbroken (this will be true until Apple released new hardware that fixes geohot’s limerain exploit in the bootrom). The bad news is that right now, the 4.2.1 jailbreak is *tethered* on all of these recent devices. A tethered jailbreak means that each time your device loses battery power or needs to be rebooted, you must attach it to a PC or Mac to boot into the jailbroken state. @comex is working hard on a method that may untether the 4.2.1 jailbreak, but it will require you to have your 4.1 SHSH blobs in order to use it. No word on how much more effort it will take though (please don’t bug @comex about it!). (We also have an alternative method that may work, but @comex’s method is much more elegant.)

So when does all this 4.2.1 jailbreak action happen? Well if you’re a JB developer or tinkerer, you’ve already probably used the redsn0w mentioned in our last post to jailbreak 4.2.1 and at least get SSH working. But beyond that, there are still some last minute issues with MobileSubstrate and comex’s kernel patches that are being fixed. We’ll tweet and post a blog update when it’s all available (we hate to give ETAs, but barring any unforeseen problems, probably later today).

In the meantime, please make sure you have your 4.1 SHSH blobs for all your devices. These will be important even for firmware beyond 4.1 (using both comex’s method and our alternative, depending on how each of them turn out.)

ultrasn0w unlock: After redsn0w is officially released with the new Cydia and kernel patches, we’ll be able to assess the unlock situation. It’s already looking very promising though, so expect the unlock for the 3G and 3GS to be coming this week. The i4 unlock is taking more effort though, and no further concrete info is available about that yet.

Feel free to ask questions in our comments section below, where we’ve got some awesome new additional moderators — sherif_hashim, dhlizard, and Frank55!

An un-tethered jailbreak is damn near done.

Thanks

Apple - iPhone - How to set up Find My iPhone

Seriously, read before you comment.
    Well read this ok!!

Apple - MobileMe - Your iPhone, iPad, Mac, and PC. In perfect sync.

http://www.apple.com/mobileme/setup/iphone_ipod.html

Let me know what that says??? I believe it says free 60 trial and then there's a link for pricing. So i believe i do know how to read ok!!!!!

You don't have to be rude either, i know how to research stuff.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

But once you update to 4.2 it let's you install mobile me for free and only with access for Find my iPhone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't wait for this jailbreak, should be awesome
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

how come i updated my iphone 4 and its now 4.2.1 untethered with redsn0w? but i cant launch cydia is that why its un-tethered?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

wow every single post is about jailbrake nothing about the new update and what is new and stuff......

Well read this ok!!

Apple - MobileMe - Your iPhone, iPad, Mac, and PC. In perfect sync.

Apple - MobileMe - Set Up MobileMe

Let me know what that says??? I believe it says free 60 trial and then there's a link for pricing. So i believe i do know how to read ok!!!!!

You don't have to be rude either, i know how to research stuff.
    No seriously

Find My iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch — the MobileMe feature that helps you locate your missing device and protect its data — is now free on any iPhone 4, iPad, or fourth-generation iPod touch running iOS 4.2.3 Once you set it up, you can find your lost device on a map, display a message on its screen, remotely set a passcode lock, and initiate a remote wipe to delete your data. And if you eventually find your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can restore everything from your last backup.
    http://www.apple.com/ios/

Shut the hell up.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

its free

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    But once you update to 4.2 it let's you install mobile me for free and only with access for Find my iPhone.
    Ah i see then, I so its just a internal free update/service within 4.2.1. I wish they would update there web pages then or something! Because im sitting here reading its free app and such, and then goto there mobile me website as per the links i posted and it says right there 60 day trial free and then the pricing is 99/yr.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bigorangekitty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WoahVlad View Post
    how come i updated my iphone 4 and its now 4.2.1 untethered with redsn0w? but i cant launch cydia is that why its un-tethered?
    redsn0w is a Tethered jailbreak. You need to run redsn0w everytime you want to run your phone in "jailbreak mode". Without it, your phone runs as the regular iphone. Run redsn0w and unplug your phone, keeping it charged, and you will run in jailbreak mode. Be sure you've patched cydia.

All information is here:

jailbreak:
    Jailbreak 4.2.1 iOS iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G, iPod touch 4G, 3G with Redsn0w | Redmond Pie

ssh:
    How to Install Jailbreak Apps on iOS 4.2.1 without Cydia Using Redsn0w | Redmond Pie

patch cydia:
    Install Cydia on iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak - How to Guide | Redmond Pie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexwrx View Post
    Yeah, now where the [email protected]$ are my songs. Songs do not show in ipod. I have to re-sync.
    LMMFAO @ this guy! Hahahahahaha!
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ShredNasty For This Useful Post:

juggz143 (2010-11-23)

Quote Originally Posted by shrednasty View Post
    lmmfao @ this guy! Hahahahahaha!
    lmao jackass!!!xd

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast