Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.2 Now Available : Not Ready For Jailbreak

Quote Originally Posted by BornSlacker View Post
    I see your point, but correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Cydia (the business) ride on the backs of the jailbreak community devs who do what they do, for free?

If that's the case, the people "demanding" their jailbreak are kind of ...well... turds for demanding something from people who are providing a free service and their time?

Plus, regardless of whether or not money is involved... being a turd to the people you need/want things from probably isn't smart.
    Not all Developers do what they do for free, and the ones that charge are the ones I am refering to when i said they are expected to offer support for the product developed. Of course, some don't update and just let the product die, as a consumer there isn't much you can do... except cry about it, and i think they have the right to be upset if that is the case. thats all im really saying.

developers that do what they do for free, for instance in the case of unlocks, are a great asset to the community. i somewhat agree with the "SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND STOP ASKING FOR IT BECAUSE NOTHING IS OWED TO YOU" mentality, except when those same developers have other apps that they do charge for and people with unlocked phones are customers. of course this gets into a much deeper debate; and for wanting to keep the thread on topic i'll end there. either way people wont stop making demands; so if it annoys you when they do- get over it or ignore it. stop posting stupid comments like "SHUT UP NOTHING IS OWED TO YOU."

i agree with being a turd to people does nothing good, and that mainly why i reply to people with smug attitudes like the originl post i quoted. in my opinion he is being a turd back to people and that does nothing good. anyway, good chat. see you guys next time
    Last edited by Just'N; 2010-11-22 at 09:35 PM.

iOS 4.2 Software Update

This update contains improvements, including the following:

AirPrint
    - Print mail, photos, web pages, and more directly to
    AirPrint compatible printers on a local wireless network
    AirPlay
    - Wirelessly stream videos, music, and photos to
    Apple TV
    - Wirelessly stream music to AirPlay compatible speakers
    and receivers, including AirPort Express
    FaceTime improvements
    - Initiate calls with Voice Control
    - Initiate calls from an SMS conversation
    - Support for Bluetooth accessories
    Find text on the web page in Safari
    New fonts setting available for Notes
    New SMS/MMS text tones and the ability to set custom
    tones per contact
    Additional restrictions (parental controls) available:
    - Account settings
    - App deletion
    - Game Center friends
    - Location settings
    Ability to import .ics files into Calendar
    Bug fixes, including:
    - Eliminates sound artifacts occasionally captured in
    recorded audio with 4th generation iPod touch
    - Improves audio playback to car stereos via USB

Products compatible with this software update:
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 3GS
    iPhone 3G
    iPod touch 2nd generation or later

Not all improvements apply to all models. For more information, go to:
    <http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/software-update/>
    <http://www.apple.com/iphone/software-update/>

For feature descriptions and complete instructions, see the user guides for iPhone and iPod touch at:
    <http://support.apple.com/manuals/iphone>
    <http://support.apple.com/manuals/ipodtouch>

For more information about iPhone and iPod touch, go to:
    <http://www.apple.com/iphone>
    <http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch>

To troubleshoot your iPhone or iPod touch, or to view additional support information go to:
    <http://www.apple.com/support/iphone>
    <http://www.apple.com/support/ipodtouch>

For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:
    <http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222>

3. The Following User Says Thank You to djemotion For This Useful Post:

5h4d0w (2010-11-22)

I would impressed if dev-team released the unlock today...

Dont count on it

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Oh so tempting to upgrade my iPad...

If i had an ipad id upgrade just because you get a ton of new features

WTh! plz inform me on this one: i just updated from ITUNES (Iphone 3gs) and i don't have my new Ringtones, and the new multitask cinematic doesn't work..just the old one...wth???

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicsky View Post
    WTh! plz inform me on this one: i just updated from ITUNES (Iphone 3gs) and i don't have my new Ringtones, and the new multitask cinematic doesn't work..just the old one...wth???
    Stop asking the same thing over and over. I already answered you the first time about the ringtones. AFAIK there are just new SMS sounds, not new ringtones. Not sure what you mean by old cinematic multitask. How is yours now?

Going to update the ipad, losing my jb, but keeping the i4 jb'd, don't want to lose mywi.

It will be a shame to lose mame on the ipad, but what I gain with 4.2 will outweigh that for the time being.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicsky View Post
    Where do you see "new ringtones" in the list of changes? I see something about the ability to add custom text tones.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

Simon (2010-11-22)

Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    Going to update the ipad, losing my jb, but keeping the i4 jb'd, don't want to lose mywi.

It will be a shame to lose mame on the ipad, but what I gain with 4.2 will outweigh that for the time being.
    Have you heard wether it is safe to update? Like, will there be a way to jailbreak later if we go ahead and update and loose our jailbreak now?

Quote Originally Posted by mADMAN8 View Post
    Have you heard wether it is safe to update? Like, will there be a way to jailbreak later if we go ahead and update and loose our jailbreak now?
    I've got my shsh blobs saved with Tiny Umbrella. I can always go back to a jailbreak-able OS if I want.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to x999x For This Useful Post:

mADMAN8 (2010-11-22)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If you update you will lose your ability to unlock. If you don't care about an unlock then use tiny umbrella to save your 4.1 SHSH blobs and then you can upgrade to 4.2.1 and have the ability to downgrade back to 4.1 anytime.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

mADMAN8 (2010-11-22)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Now it's time to wait for the unlock...

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    If you update you will lose your ability to unlock. If you don't care about an unlock then use tiny umbrella to save your 4.1 SHSH blobs and then you can upgrade to 4.2.1 and have the ability to downgrade back to 4.1 anytime.
    Thanks bud,
    I'm talking about the ipad...... in the ipads case... I'm cool to update, then wait on a JB or go BACK to 3.2?

What about iTunes 'revert' button wont that take me to previous Firmware?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TypeRBass View Post
    Oh so tempting to upgrade my iPad...
    I know right!!! But i like being jailbroken....damn it i think i will wait.

Since I've seen you asked this multiple times, I'm almost certain there'll be a jailbreak for ipad on 4.2.1 at some point. what you should be concerned about is "when?' At this moment there is no expected release date but us folks who've been around this block a few times know it could be tomorrow or a month from now or later tonight just have to be patient and for the time being make a decision on whats more important to you: new features of 4.2.1 or 3.2 jailbreak.

As for me I'm a little more daring so I'm going to take a crack a the half baked 'tethered jailbreak' for my ipad posted here Install Cydia on iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak - How to Guide | Redmond Pie

And wait for an official release to keep my iphone4 unlocked (for resale value ofcourse)!!!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to juggz143 For This Useful Post:

mADMAN8 (2010-11-22)

Quote Originally Posted by mtwiford View Post
    you can downgrade back to 3.2.2 or 4.1 from 4.2 or 4.2.1 with itunes 10.1 very easily. If you update, you go back to 3.2.2 anytime you want. Its not that big of a deal
    If its not jailbroken or no shsh are saved and apple stops signing were not going to be able to go back.
    Username is 3GS, but theres stuff past that:

iPhone 4
    iPad
    Macbook Pro

i just updated my 2g iPod to 4.2.1 and i am having the same wifi issues that they were trying to fix on the GM i put in my wifi key the check mark shows up for a spit second and then disconnects WTF plus the multitask bar does not show up anymore it did when i was on 4.1

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

How can 4.2 not be ready for jailbreaking? I thought the devs & Geohot had already finished the jailbreak but were waiting for 4.2 to be released before they released the unlock?
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay316 For This Useful Post:

hummer2134 (2010-11-22)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast