Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage Tool 4.1 Released, Jailbreaks Apple TV

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greek.guy View Post
    Dont kill me if this has already been answered, but i have a jailbroken 3G on 4.1 with 05.14.02 firmware.

Ultrasnow does not list it as being supported..is this not unlockable?
    or am i missing something..

Thanks
    Not unlockable yet

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

greek.guy (2010-10-22)

I'm a little confused about the new ATV. Can someone shed some light on it for me. I've been using WDTV by Western Digital for my movie viewing. I store numerous movies, in a variety of formats (avi, mkv, etc), on a network HD. Depending on the source file, many play at 1080p with 5.1 audio.

With jailbreak capabilities, will the ATV now do the same?

Thanks
    Last edited by garyh99; 2010-10-22 at 04:50 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Not unlockable yet
    thanks for the help!
    i appreciate the quick answer

I'm like a lot of others...3G, 4.1, 05.14.02. Waiting on 4.2 so an unlock will be released.

Question...do we have any idea when Apple will go public with 4.2 and how long after that ultrasn0w will be updated.

Quote Originally Posted by garyh99 View Post
    I'm like a lot of others...3G, 4.1, 05.14.02. Waiting on 4.2 so an unlock will be released.

Question...do we have any idea when Apple will go public with 4.2 and how long after that ultrasn0w will be updated.
    yea, if anyone has info id love to know also..

Thanks

Sometime in November is all I know for when 4.2 will be released. MuscleNerd tweeted it could be a few days after that (for 3g/3GS at least) for the unlock.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    Use pwnage tool to put it into dfu mode. It will tell you when you have done it correctly. Then restore through iTunes.
    Did not work for me.

Does anyone that successfully JB'ed their AppleTV 2G could be so kind to describe the process ? Keep getting either error 1600 or error 21. I can restore the standard Apple FW just fine, it is just the one generated by Pwnagetool that keeps on getting these errors. Tried multiple times on the Mac.

Could never find what files need to be deleted as by the Sith post.

Thanks,
    Jesus will come and deliver the 5.0 Apple FW. Jailbreak soon after, just wait a "few days" more.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by konrads View Post
    Did not work for me.

Does anyone that successfully JB'ed their AppleTV 2G could be so kind to describe the process ? Keep getting either error 1600 or error 21. I can restore the standard Apple FW just fine, it is just the one generated by Pwnagetool that keeps on getting these errors. Tried multiple times on the Mac.

Could never find what files need to be deleted as by the Sith post.

Thanks,
    I did it without issue. There is a guide to do it in the tutorial section.

Default Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by at004 View Post
    hey guys, im running into trouble while trying to restore my iphone 3g, i am putting my iphone into dfu through pwnage tool and my itunes 10 does not recognize the iphone, its getting stuck at waiting for ipod, and then an error pops up stating that the iphone is not recognized and should unplug and plug it back in... however if i enter dfu mode manually my iphone is recognized but as u know i'll get the 1600 error... i also tried putting in in dfu using pwnage tool and restoring on a windows machine but ill get the 1600 error, moreover i also tried with ireb and recboot but also getting either error 1600 or 1604

what should i do any advice is appreciated,, thanks
    Same here... Cant get past that. im on a mac, go to insert the custom firm says preparing for restore and then the 1601 eror pops up grrrrrrrr

I miss Jailbreakme.com
    Last edited by capttanhowdy; 2010-10-23 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by capttanhowdy View Post
    Same here... Cant get past that. im on a mac, go to insert the custom firm says preparing for restore and then the 1601 eror pops up grrrrrrrr

I miss Jailbreakme.com
    You need to make sure you are getting pwnage tool to put it in dfu for you. Once it comes up with the message saying you have successfully entered dfu that is when you should restore.

On my AppleTV, I got a 1604 error from iTunes at the end even though PwnageTool indicated success. The AppleTV booted normally though, and I was able to SSH in and see that Cydia was installed. As far as I can tell, the jailbreak worked fine. I can freely copy files, change the password etc, and everything works perfectly. I guess time will tell, but for now, I don't see any reason to mess with it further.

Definitely going into dfu thru pwnage tool. Say successfully entered dfu

Thanks

Definitely going into dfu thru pwnage tool. Say successfully entered dfu
    When are you getting the error? At the end or right at the beginning when it says preparing? Also what version of macosx are you on?

When are you getting the error? At the end or right at the beginning when it says preparing? Also what version of macosx are you on?
    I'm running in to the same errors, even after Pwnage Tool says I'm in DFU mode. I'm on a PowerMac G4 running Leopard 10.5.8 with Pwnage Tool 4.1.2

On a Mac. Latest of OS x
    It happens a good while after it says preparing iphone for restore and im thinking its bc of this, once my phone is in DFU mode its not showing the connect to itunes logo, it is as though the phone is actually shut down, once i get the error I unplug it and have to hold down the sleep and home button to get it to power back up and then it just boots normally back to 4.0 like nothing happened.

Sometime in November is all I know for when 4.2 will be released. MuscleNerd tweeted it could be a few days after that (for 3g/3GS at least) for the unlock.
    Thanks for the info. That's not too far off.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kmmxracer View Post
    I'm running in to the same errors, even after Pwnage Tool says I'm in DFU mode. I'm on a PowerMac G4 running Leopard 10.5.8 with Pwnage Tool 4.1.2
    Your issue may be that you are not on an intel mac

On a Mac. Latest of OS x
    It happens a good while after it says preparing iphone for restore and im thinking its bc of this, once my phone is in DFU mode its not showing the connect to itunes logo, it is as though the phone is actually shut down, once i get the error I unplug it and have to hold down the sleep and home button to get it to power back up and then it just boots normally back to 4.0 like nothing happened.
    Phone? We are talking about apple tv here...
    On a iPhone dfu is supposed to be a black screen.
    Last edited by Simon; 2010-10-23 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Oh I was talking about my iphone 4. The screen is black but I keep getting the 1601 error

Thanks

Oh I was talking about my iphone 4. The screen is black but I keep getting the 1601 error
    Thats odd, and you said pwnage tool is telling you it is in dfu and ready to restore right?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckmaster View Post
    I am sure it has been said, just cant seem to find it. My iphone 4 is jailbroke with jailbreakme.com. version 4.0.1 filmware 01.59.00 with AT&T. I want to update to 4.1 ,unlock and jailbreak it. From what I have read, I think this is possible with Pwnage tool with a Mac, Is there a way to do this with a PC?
    You can probably run Mac os x in virtualbox then run the tool to make custom firmware.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast