Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage Tool 4.1 Released, Jailbreaks Apple TV

This is great news! My 3GS is still on 3.1.2, so I think it's time to update.

Also my iPad is still on 3.2, but might update to fix the Wi-Fi issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ZipZapp View Post
    Those on AT&T need not use pwnage to jailbreak. Use one of the other methods.

Does anyone have any other reason why anyone should preserve baseband?
    Even though I'm on AT&T, I still want the ability to use it unlocked when I travel. Just put a prepaid SIM of the country's local GSM carrier, and I don't have to pay for AT&T's ridiculous roaming fees.

I'm addicted to jailbreak luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Just jailbroke my ATV2, well worth the wait. It was that same kind of feeling I got when I was jailbreaking the very first iPhone with multiple programs to get it done... not the process, but the excitement involved. Well, on to the iPhone4!

Tip - don't forget to hold the option key when restoring so you can choose the modified firmware file you make.

Quote Originally Posted by PJam View Post
    unable to restore, error 1604 occured.
    now my phone is stuck on the screen with the usb cord and itunes logo
    Have you tried RecBoot? That should work. Google it.

I don't know if anyone knows a better method but that's the only that I know.

Quote Originally Posted by ZipZapp View Post
    pwnage is not a jailbreak like jailbreakme.com. You create a .IPSW file that can be restored to the phone. This preserves the baseband (if thats important). It also means you need to then resync you iphone to reload all the stuff lost when you load the .ipsw.

Ok, so the only reason to use pwnage is if you already have a unlocked baseband and what to keep it that way but still move to 4.1

Those on AT&T need not use pwnage to jailbreak. Use one of the other methods.

Does anyone have any other reason why anyone should preserve baseband?
    I'm sorry for being a tard, so after perserving my baseband can i use the same ultrasnow to unlock my phone?
    thanks

Guess I'm hosed since I have a freakin' PC. I was really looking forward to a JB/unlock for the 3G so my phone would work better under 4.1... Guess I'm hanging out on 4.0.1.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kingmofo View Post
    I'm sorry for being a tard, so after perserving my baseband can i use the same ultrasnow to unlock my phone?
    thanks
    Yes

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

kingmofo (2010-10-20)

Im on the iphone 3g 4.1 with modem firmware 05.14.02...never unlocked before, is it possible to unlock this phone currently or is there a way to go back to say 4.0 and unlock? Got a buyer for this POS phone but needs to be unlocked first.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

No custom boot logos on iPhone 4. But I still love pwnage tool.

Thanks

For everyone with a 3g and wanting to preserve baseband but dont have a mac. You should use iREB and snowbreeze there a guide on the ih8sn0w site.
    EDIT: to the people with restore errors from itunes (stuck in restore mode) make sure u tirn off ur firewall. Zone Alarm had me scratchin my head cause i had a bricked 3g that errored out of itunes. Shutdown zone alarm n worked everytime after that.
    Last edited by A3gOwner; 2010-10-20 at 11:04 PM. Reason: addition

Quote Originally Posted by fmrabnmp View Post
    Guess I'm hosed since I have a freakin' PC. I was really looking forward to a JB/unlock for the 3G so my phone would work better under 4.1... Guess I'm hanging out on 4.0.1.
    I think i read somewhere that sn0wbreeze was suppose to come out a few days after pwnage tool 4.1 was released. Should cover all the windows users so hang tight.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to scream777 For This Useful Post:

fmrabnmp (2010-10-20)

Thanks

wow, mayhem unleashed with the noobs. smh

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by puertorok21 View Post
    I have iphone 3G 16gb
    Jailbroken with blackrain/Unlocked with Snow
    Running 3.1.2 (7D11)
    Baseband 05.11.07

If I wanted to upgrade to 4.1 and still keep my unlock (I do have my SHSH Blobs backed up in Cydia)..What steps do I have to take? update first to 4.1 or jailbreak with Pwnage Tool and then update?
    Well first you should create your custom ipsw and then restore with it, dont update because you'll lose your unlock, restore with the custom ipsw. Also, it says u have vista, you need a mac, or at least be able to emulate it

Success!! A BIG thanks to all that put effort into this!

Quote Originally Posted by qvietvs View Post
    Yes, it will hactivate your phone.
    Probably.
    Probably isn't my cup of tea, can anyone confirm it will activate your phone so I'm not locked out

Great, would anyone be able to link an iphone 4 custom .ipsw for us windows users? Thanks guys.
    Does this support custom root partition sizes?
    probaby not huh...
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter

3G user here, and I'm seeing some problems with pwnage. I'm no jailbreak noob, but I'm stumped on this one. when i try to restore to custom firmware (after using ireb to avoid any errors), itunes gets stuck on "preparing iphone for restore," and iphone has a pwnapple and a spinning wheel at the very bottom of the screen. after 5 minutes or so of this, itunes pops up with a 1604 error and my iphone stays on the same screen.

however i can still restore to 3.1.2 with no problems, so i'm assuming the problem has something to do with pwnage creating the custom firmware.

anyone else experiencing something similar?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Teoyaomqui View Post
    Have you tried RecBoot? That should work. Google it.

I don't know if anyone knows a better method but that's the only that I know.
    I think 1604 is the error u get when the baseband isn't updated or I remember when the first pwnage tools came out u would get that error if u were in regular restore mode and not DFU mode.

Default New 3gs bootrom
    Hey Guys,
    I have a 3gs running on 4.0.2 and the new bootrom. I still cant upgrade to a custom 4.1 and keep my unlock right? Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ralf83 View Post
    Hey Guys,
    I have a 3gs running on 4.0.2 and the new bootrom. I still cant upgrade to a custom 4.1 and keep my unlock right? Thanks
    With this new version of Pwnagetool, you sure can. Pwnage removes the baseband update so you can keep your unlock. Just don't update to 4.1 through iTunes.

Talking Vpn
    A VPN settings or software for ATV2 will be just fine !
    iPhone 4 with 4.1 Out of the box

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast