Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage Tool 4.1 Released, Jailbreaks Apple TV

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Yes it is because of the hacktivation. You need itunes to activate it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by dying4004 View Post
    guys.... my 3gs is factory unlocked and new bootrom. so for learning purpose today i restored with a custom made 4.1 firmware which includes hactivation and cydia. but after restoring i am not getting any signal. i installed ultrasn0w but still not getting any signal. is it because of hactivation as my phone is factory unlocked??
    I'd just go back to stock firmware and jailbreak with limerain/greenpoison (assuming 3GS/ip4)

Quote Originally Posted by westonben View Post
    I'd just go back to stock firmware and jailbreak with limerain/greenpoison (assuming 3GS/ip4)
    this is something that can be done easily but i was trying to find out why custom firmware from pt wasnt working. and at last i found out that the hactivation patch is the cause of the problem.

ye you will have to wait a LOT LONGER AS THIS PROGRAM WILL NOT WORK ON MY NEW IMAC
    I HAVE TO FORCE IT TO SHUT DOWN NOTHING WORKS ON IT ALL BUTTONS ARE LOCKED OFF

WHAT A JOKE ITS BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post

We've been waiting a bit now for Pwnage Tool to be updated to support 4.x devices, and today's release of Pwnage Tool 4.1 finally gets us there. The main advantage of Pwnage Tool over the limera1n and greenpois0n recent jailbreaks (which actually use the same exploit) is for unlockers. Pwnage Tool's functionality of updating to a pre-jailbroken firmware preserves the baseband you were on (your cellular modem, the part of the phone actually being "unlocked") so your ultrasn0w unlock is preserved. For new 4.1 users jailbreaking for the first time, ultrasn0w does not yet support the 02.10.04 baseband on iPhone 4 (check yours in Settings > General > About > Modem Firmware).

Mentioned a few days ago as a tool to get "untethered jailbreaks on all future A4 firmwares" (which they don't clarify today, just mention again in the iPhone Dev Team release post), this release jailbreaks the following devices:

• AppleTV 2G
    • iPad (firmware 3.2.2)
    • iPod touch 4G
    • iPod touch 3G
    • iPhone4
    • iPhone 3GS
    • iPhone 3G

As always, Pwnage Tool is a Mac only software.

Here's download links (more to come):

MMi Member Mirror
    Megaupload
    Rapidshare

Official Bittorrent Release
    PwnageTool 4.1 Torrent - PwnageTool_4.1.dmg.5898597.TPB.torrent
    SHA1 Sum = 4f216e5863d191f30f84b6201e8c2bbea031e691

Apple TV jailbreaking is in babyland right now - exciting, just like when the community first started building apps for the iPhone long before an SDK was even announced. The Dev Team includes this note to all Apple TV jailbreakers:

We'll get a full tutorial up soon, but it's pretty simple - download, open, and follow the instructions in the app.

If you've already jailbroken with either greenpois0n or limera1n, you will gain nothing by jailbreaking again with Pwnage Tool, so don't bother yourself.
    That greenpoison will not work

only limerain works

Quote Originally Posted by westonben View Post
    i'd just go back to stock firmware and jailbreak with limerain/greenpoison (assuming 3gs/ip4)
    Last edited by ProfessorJack; 2010-10-28 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hey guys,

I'm trying to completely trick out my custom firmware by adding additional Cydia sources to Pwnage and installing them into the firmware. My problem is that when I try to add the sources, you dont just add the source you add into Cydia, you need to add the extended URL. Does anyone know what the extended URLs are for these links?

Im trying to my restore my iphone 4 with the custom firmware 4.1 that i made from pwnage tool 4.1 but when im already in DFU mode im getting 1600 error..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigguy_3616 View Post
    Im trying to my restore my iphone 4 with the custom firmware 4.1 that i made from pwnage tool 4.1 but when im already in DFU mode im getting 1600 error..
    Make sure your host file is not ridirected to Saurik's server. You can just comment it out, put a # at the start of the line. Or the other thing may be is that you need to use pwnagetool to put your iPhone into DFU mode.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigguy_3616 View Post
    are you using a mac or did you download the 4.1 ipsw, the new custom firmwares do not work in windows like the old pwnagetool firmwares would, you should not already be in DFU mode until pwnagetool tells you to put the phone in DFU

Does anyone know if there is a way to change my jailbroken iPhone iOS 4.1 baseband?
    I was dumb enough to upgrade to 4.1 and now I currently have 02.10.04 and I'm unable to unlock my iPhone anymore. I was hoping to change the baseband back to the unlockable one?
    Unless you guys know of any other way to unlock my iPhone in it's current state??

Unfortunately it can't be done at present. Word is, new tool should be released during November. Just have to wait it out I'm afraid.

Damn, that's too bad...I just moved to England and my american iPhone is basically useless until I can unlock it.

Get that old nokia out of the drawer and use the iPhone as an iPod for now!

That's exactly what I'm doing...how funny!

Will Pwnagetool for Windows ever come out?

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyNgo View Post
    Will Pwnagetool for Windows ever come out?
    Updated Redsn0w: Custom Firmware for PC Users, Hints of PC PwnageTool!!

Believe chpwn is porting Pwnagetool to windows.

Any idea if/when we can unlock our iPhones again?

maybe soon we can stream movies on the apple tv, thats when ill buy one

No matter what I do, I still get "Wrong firmware bundle selected"
    I have an iphone 4 with the latest firmware and I have downloaded the firmware off of mymyi, still will not select the file... is there any other application that jailbreaks the iphone 4 for Att?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast