Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: greenpois0n released!

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Your hosts are probably pointing to cydia. You need to point them to Apple if you want to have your baseband updated.

I dont think some people are realizing the difference between the iPhone Dev Team and the Chronic Dev Team. Chronic Dev are responsible for greenpoison. Iphone dev team for redsn0w and pwnage tool (just to name a few).
    This is actually the first jailbreak released by the Chronic Dev Team.
    I know, I was indirectly poking fun at him.

Also to your above comment about his iTunes pointing to cydia. If that is indeed the case you need to return your hosts file back to stock.

It is located in: windows/system32/drivers/ect (I think)

You need to run notepad as administrator and open the "hosts" file that's in the folder I listed above. Remove the line at the end that says "gs.apple.... Blah blah". This is of course if you have modified the file to begin with.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddfilms View Post
    But still no Mac support. All us Mac users are chomping at the bit.
    Lol ..... don't that make a change

Quote Originally Posted by Rounder View Post
    Ah interesting. Thank you. I will give that a try. Where does the save data go? When I have a clean install and then reinstall AppBackup, it will have the option to restore?
    It is saved with your iTunes backup file. If you want to avoid this and do a clean restore of the firmware. Just use appbackup to back everything up, then SSH into the phone and pull the backup file out and you can manually reload it after restore.

Quote Originally Posted by pxcolletti10 View Post
    Well that my friend is a clear enough statement there hahaha.. Whats their twitter name so i can follow em too.. I didn't know this was the case and imglad i have an iphone 4 cuz id be frustrated.. Btw bud, i do this every year cuz i have a problem bout wanting the newest and latest.. If you sell your old device right when the new one comig out, you esentially get paid to upgrade.. For ex. sold my 3gs in july for bout $400 and upgrade to iphone 4 was $299 haha.. Just a thought
    Don't we all!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
    It is saved with your iTunes backup file. If you want to avoid this and do a clean restore of the firmware. Just use appbackup to back everything up, then SSH into the phone and pull the backup file out and you can manually reload it after restore.
    Perfect, thanks for the help!
    My Mac:  iMac 21.6" 2.5GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 512MB Video (10.6.6)

iOS Devices: iPhone 4 32GB (4.3.2 JB) | iPad 2 16GB (4.3.2) | Apple TV 2G (4.3 JB)

MobileMe User

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Sweet, lovin it
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Does it supports iPhone 3G??can anybody tell please

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flintoff View Post
    Does it supports iPhone 3G??can anybody tell please
    No it doesn't. Use redsn0w.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post

I highly discourage anyone from using appbackup, pkgbackup, etc. when updating to a major update of iOS (3.0, 3.1, 4.0, 4.x, etc.). There are always packages that are not yet updated to the newer iOS and they tend to cause some rather annoying and unpleasant errors. These apps lack the ability to determine/filter what apps and packages are 4.1 (for example) compatible and what are not. Granted it's basically impossible to expect this of them when the majority of devs can't even list whether or not their apps are compatible or not.

When restoring your iDevice to the same iOS that it already has on it or if you're downgrading from say 4.0 to 3.1.3, those backup apps are very handy. I use pkgbackup on my devices all the time when doing general restores, but i won't go near it when it comes to upgrading. IMHO it is always best to stay as "fresh" as possible when doing a new update. I know it can be a pain doing everything manually, but it's certainly worth it as you will experience far fewer errors, and those that you do encounter will be easily fixable because you will know what the last package(s) were that you installed.

Has anyone tried this with Parallels through a Mac? Does it work? Limera1n didn't when I tried a few days ago.

Thanks

No, the way mac/parallels handles USB devices does not allow for it to work.

I figured. I'll just wait for the inevitable Mac release.

Yes but you must have itunes installed on parallels side. I backed up via mac side, then ran limera1n under win 7 side no problem. I had a few pop up boxes asking if I wanted to keep usb connection and I clicked yes. But worked perfectly.

Thanks

Interesting. I had no luck with it on parallels.

Hm. Maybe its an OS issue. Some people have been getting it to work with 7, but no report on XP. I don't a 7 virtual machine, too much space I'm not willing to allow.

I'll try it out later tonight.

Thanks

^ That could be true. Both mac's I tried it with only had XP.

Smile Iphone 4 4.1
    Is this working with the iphone 4, 4.1? For some reason when I did the install now I have no phone service or data service. Please Help.

TOtally awsome.. i had 4.0.2 iphone 4 and its working like a charm. I didnt have to upgrade to 4.1.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    I highly discourage anyone from using appbackup, pkgbackup, etc. when updating to a major update of iOS (3.0, 3.1, 4.0, 4.x, etc.). There are always packages that are not yet updated to the newer iOS and they tend to cause some rather annoying and unpleasant errors. These apps lack the ability to determine/filter what apps and packages are 4.1 (for example) compatible and what are not. Granted it's basically impossible to expect this of them when the majority of devs can't even list whether or not their apps are compatible or not.

When restoring your iDevice to the same iOS that it already has on it or if you're downgrading from say 4.0 to 3.1.3, those backup apps are very handy. I use pkgbackup on my devices all the time when doing general restores, but i won't go near it when it comes to upgrading. IMHO it is always best to stay as "fresh" as possible when doing a new update. I know it can be a pain doing everything manually, but it's certainly worth it as you will experience far fewer errors, and those that you do encounter will be easily fixable because you will know what the last package(s) were that you installed.
    I agree and that's why I've always started fresh everytime. But this time, there are 3 games in particular that I do not want to lose my progress in, and it's only those that I want the progress back. Is there an easy way that I can manually SSH and get those saved files? And then after all is said and done (jailbroke 4.1 etc... I could just reput them where they were?) Or am I dreaming?
    My Mac:  iMac 21.6" 2.5GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 512MB Video (10.6.6)

iOS Devices: iPhone 4 32GB (4.3.2 JB) | iPad 2 16GB (4.3.2) | Apple TV 2G (4.3 JB)

MobileMe User

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post

I agree with this 100%. but how do you suggest that I save all of my progress in my games for example? Is there a way to SSH into the phone and pull the saves out?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast