Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: greenpois0n released!

I don't have a mac (yet - nearly). Can u not run poison or rain under parallels?

Thanks

Let's hope SHATter still works for 4.2 and Apple don't patch it, otherwise chronic are gonna look pretty dumb.

Let's also hope that geo

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greenrabbit View Post
    hi guys, wonder if you could help me ive ip4 factory unlock and jailbroken, i want to upgrade to 4.1 and baseband aswell but itunes is coming up with 'error1004' tried restore but still comes with error, just upgraded gf's 3gs to 4.1 on same computer with itunes and no problems,so i no its something to do with my jailbreak im not looking to rejailbreak yet just want it back to normal ip4 any ideas please?
    Your hosts are probably pointing to cydia. You need to point them to Apple if you want to have your baseband updated.

Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
    When did the DEV team release a buggy jailbreak?
    I dont think some people are realizing the difference between the iPhone Dev Team and the Chronic Dev Team. Chronic Dev are responsible for greenpoison. Iphone dev team for redsn0w and pwnage tool (just to name a few).
    This is actually the first jailbreak released by the Chronic Dev Team.
    Last edited by Simon; 2010-10-12 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Greenrabbit (2010-10-12), Poseidon79 (2010-10-12)

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Your hosts are probably pointing to cydia. You need to point them to Apple if you want to have your baseband updated.
    how do i change and where to find them, thanks

hi guys, wonder if you could help me ive ip4 factory unlock and jailbroken, i want to upgrade to 4.1 and baseband aswell but itunes is coming up with 'error1004' tried restore but still comes with error, just upgraded gf's 3gs to 4.1 on same computer with itunes and no problems,so i no its something to do with my jailbreak im not looking to rejailbreak yet just want it back to normal ip4 any ideas please?
    If you are on Windows:
    Win + R
    "CMD" + Enter
    ping gs.apple.com

Does it work? If you see 127.0.0.1, then your hosts file is likely still modified by a utility like Firmware Umbrella or you are still trying to update with TU's TSS server running and no SHSH for the phone. In this specific case (factory unlocked iPhone), there is no reason to use TU at all, so close it and/or restore your backup hosts file (TU makes a backup automatically and leaves it in the same system32/drivers/etc folder; just rename it) and try the upgrade in iTunes again.

EDIT:

See my post above. x98car may have beaten me to it but at least I answered this question.
    Last edited by CZroe; 2010-10-12 at 06:51 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CZroe For This Useful Post:

Greenrabbit (2010-10-12)

Thanks

CZroe just told you where to find them. Basically all you should need to do is delete any you see with apple in the hosts. Then save it. It should automatically redirect back to Apple after that. Backup that file first though just in case.

My iPhone is a Part of Me ufcsean's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds like a hardware problem.

I had this exact same problem but i was having error 1002 and I had to get my iphone 4 replaced!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
    "Appbackup" is for AppStore apps. It's on cydia.
    Ah interesting. Thank you. I will give that a try. Where does the save data go? When I have a clean install and then reinstall AppBackup, it will have the option to restore?
    My Mac:  iMac 21.6" 2.5GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 512MB Video (10.6.6)

iOS Devices: iPhone 4 32GB (4.3.2 JB) | iPad 2 16GB (4.3.2) | Apple TV 2G (4.3 JB)

MobileMe User

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ufcsean View Post
    Sounds like a hardware problem.

I had this exact same problem but i was having error 1002 and I had to get my iphone 4 replaced!
    It is not a hardware problem.

My iPhone is a Part of Me ufcsean's Avatar
    Thanks

It is not a hardware problem.
    Well mine was.
    Error 23, 28, 29, 1002, 1011, 1012, 1013, 1014, 1611: These errors may indicate a hardware issue with your device. Follow the steps in this article and also attempt to restore while connected with a known-good 30-pin Dock Connector cable, computer, and network to isolate this issue to the device. If the MAC address is missing or the IMEI is the default value (00 499901 064000 0), this can also confirm a hardware issue.
    1004 isn't even listed on apple's website so i don't know what it is but that's exactly the same problem I was having but not to worry Steve Jobs is a member of mmi.

EDIT:

Have a look here (person with error 1004...not Steve Jobs)

[ame="http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=949246"]http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=949246[/ame]
    Last edited by ufcsean; 2010-10-12 at 07:23 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ufcsean View Post
    Well mine was.

1004 isn't even listed on apple's website so i don't know what it is but that's exactly the same problem I was having but not to worry Steve Jobs is a member of mmi.

EDIT:

Have a look here (person with error 1004...not Steve Jobs)

iPhone 4 iTunes Error 1004 - Mac Forums
    1004 is a baseband error. It is a expected error when The baseband on a iPhone 4 cannot get the required SHSH to update or restore the baseband. That is how tiny umbrella is able to preserve the baseband when updating a iPhone 4.

That thread you linked to is saying to do the exact thing we just told him to do. It is because he has used tiny umbrella or pointed his hosts to cydia.

This pissed me off, as soon as i open up this greenpoision thing it automatically takes firefox to a donation page for them. Won't be using this when they pratically beg for a donation for making a gui shell for someone elses hard work.

is there any positives of greenpoison over limera1n? i'm currently an iphone 4 user on 4.1 jailbroken w/ limera1n.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgrenard View Post
    is there any positives of greenpoison over limera1n? i'm currently an iphone 4 user on 4.1 jailbroken w/ limera1n.
    If you already used limera1n then no need to use greenpoison. End result is no different.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by g12007 View Post
    If I don't need a unlock is it ok to do the normal update and then jailbreak or do I need to use TinyUmbrella to save my Base Band and then update/jailbreak??

+1 please .... Thanks
    Assuming you have an iPhone 4, either way will work. However I strongly recommend using TinyUmbrella to preserve your older baseband. Early BB's are a valuable asset when re-selling your iDevice because they are more likely to have an unlock available.

Quote Originally Posted by pxcolletti10 View Post
    @vantheman169 and everyone else firmware 4.1 IS jailbreakable AND you CAN unlock it an use it on other carriers!!! I am runnig iOS 4.1 on my iPhone 4 with baseband 1.59.00 and unlocked with ultrasnow afterwards and workd like a charm!
    +1

If you already used limera1n then no need to use greenpoison. End result is no different.
    Gotcha, thank you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ddfilms's Avatar
    Thanks

Why is taking sooooooooo long for anyone to make a Mac compatible version? I want to donate for the hard work but these are still useless for all those that don't have windows or windows on our Mac. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    Let's hope SHATter still works for 4.2 and Apple don't patch it, otherwise chronic are gonna look pretty dumb.

Let's also hope that geo
    Have you been following this thread? GP uses Geo's exploit NOT shatter

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by d_animality View Post
    Why dont Apple just give it up already and released ios updates with Cydia pre-installed...LMFAO!!!
    Hahaha! If iPhone could rename apps, change fonts, have iconoclasm, shrink, etc, there'd be no need to jailbreak. Their petty little updates still won't make Cydia extinct.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast