Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 1096

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Limera1n is Live!

  1. #161
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    111
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts

    why do people care so much to delete limerain. its just an icon :s

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    My theory is: if you have to ask this question, the answer is "no".

    I'm ITCHING for the 4.1 jb in my i4, but I'm waiting.
    Well, I'm already updating my iPhone to 4.1...I have my SHSH Blobs saved, so I'm not worried about losing the JB...I was just worried about the whole tedious downgrading and restoring process...but none of that really matters. And besides I don't use unlocking since I;'m stuck with AT&T for 1 1/2 more years, so I guess I don't anything to lose really...
    27" iMac: Quad-Core 2.93GHz i7 & 16GB RAM
    iPhone 4S: 64GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPad 2: 32GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Touch 3rd Gen iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Classic (thick) 160GB

  3. #163
    Green Apple McMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    America's Wang (Florida)
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by k1653d View Post
    I dont see what the big deal is. Just do it if you want. At worst a restore will fix it and you will just be back at square one with no JB.
    I'm not at square one with no jb, I'm at 4.0.1 with jb. Which is why I'm waiting for a less buggy jb from a less attention whore of a dev.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to McMike For This Useful Post:

    Rob2G (2010-10-10)

  5. #164
    I swear, if my iPhone works like crap after this, Geohot is a selfcentred ***...... If he aint already!
    iPhone 4 16 GB + iMac 24" 2.9GHz + MBP 13" 2,2GHZ = AAPL 4 EVAAAA!

  6. #165
    HEY SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE:

    I am currently on a 3gs. New bootrom which means i was told use jailbreakme.com or nothing at all.

    MY NEW FROM APPLE 3GS HAS NO SHSH ON FILE.

    So my main goal of a jailbreak is unlock.
    my current modem firmware is 05.13.04

    So can i go to 4.1 and jailbreak using limera1n and still UNLOCK?!

    please disregard f0recast thinking i am already unlocked, i am not.

  7. #166
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mtl, Canada
    Posts
    190
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    damn got screwed updated my phone and got new bb

    time to sell it and get another

  8. #167
    Retired Moderator soulthoughts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    3,096
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 603 Times in 506 Posts

    This is classic whining. People whined about him leaving or not releasing a jailbreak. Some even said, "I don't care if it's a beta just release it." He releases it and they still whine.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to soulthoughts For This Useful Post:

    BennyPR (2010-10-10)

  10. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyrob2g View Post
    The chronic dev team and comex flat Out say he stole comex's unteathered expoit. It's said very bluntly by all of them. It looks like this is gonna be chronic dev vs geohot. I'm on chronic devs side.
    Quote it then. You are mis-characterizing what they said, which would be obvious in context.

    Quote Originally Posted by trigun989 View Post
    damn got screwed updated my phone and got new bb

    time to sell it and get another
    Why the heck didn't you have your SHSH hashes on file?
    Last edited by CZroe; 2010-10-10 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  11. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by sujahat View Post
    Thank you Geohot. My new iPhone 4 which was laying around for a month on 4.0.2 is now jailbroken and unlocked.... your the best.. please get your site up and accept donations..
    thanks worked fine on my iphone4 4.0.2

  12. #170
    I think alot of people that are having problems are not restoring their phone to factory first. I have helped some friends today and on 7 devices not a single one has had a problem.

  13. #171
    Hmm, worked fine for me, didnt restore to factory either, only had to reboot after installing cydia...

    windows 7 x64, iphone4

  14. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by joejoeiphone1 View Post
    They're called "exploits" right? Why on Earth do these devs hold on to them so long. If that's what they're called.. then they should be "exploit"ed.. period. No, I'm not a dev.. and have no idea how to program an iphone.. that said.. all of these experts are doing it for bragging rights and so they can say they one-upped the powerful Apple. Georgie beat the dev team to the punch. He saw an opportunity -- saw the adulation they were getting and usurped them. It was an exploit he found.. and has been holding on to. No one denies it's a different exploit than the devs are using. Once he works the bugs out, it will be infinitely better as well. Why? Because there are still millions of hardware owners who do NOT have the fourth gen units. It's that simple.

    Is George a jerk? Yes.. an egoist? Damn straight. Am I glad he released it? Not yet -- I'm on a 3GS with the new bootrom.. but, I will as soon has he fixes it.

    my take -- take it or leave it.
    To "exploit" is "to use to your advantage." To maximize it, it must be SMARTLY used. For maximum effect, the SHA exploit must be saved for later. It's that simple. It's like saving your best cards for when they are needed so the saying that "they should wait to play that card" is a very good analogy. And it's funny how you put that... yes, they were "found in order to be used," so it only makes sense to USE them when they are most USEful and not WASTE them. To waste an exploit defeats the purpose of it.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to CZroe For This Useful Post:

    NooK (2010-10-10)

  16. #173
    iPhone? More like MyPhone gsmumbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    182
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 19 Times in 11 Posts

    PEOPLE. The jailbreak is released. This isn't Edward vs. Jacob here. Limera1n is out. Enjoy it if you can, wait for a fix if you can't(3Gs new bootrom). Do you honestly think that your opinion of Chronic or Geo is going to change anything? There are a lot better things to fight over in this world than something that you personally have nothing to do with(who stole what, who used what exploit, etc) and that you have absolutely no control over. Let Chronic and Geo duke it out. This isn't your fight.

  17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gsmumbo For This Useful Post:

    BennyPR (2010-10-10), DoYouLikeLuxury? (2010-10-10), kruzzit (2010-10-11), runner12326 (2010-10-10), soulthoughts (2010-10-10)

  18. #174
    Geohot's release does NOT force the Chronic Dev team to save their SHAtter exploit. They could still release it at their scheduled time if they want.

    When he offered the CDev team his exploit for greenpois0n, he was turned down for 2 reason: one was that it would delay the release of the jailbreak (bad for the community), and the other was that he would get the glory for the exploit (bad for the CDev team). What his release did was simply remove the glory from the equation. Nobody ever could have stopped geohot from releasing his exploit, but him releasing it before greenpois0n lets him take the glory for being the first to release a jailbreak since JailbreakMe.com. This is what the community is upset about: the Chrnoic Dev team called 'dibs' on the glory by announcing their upcoming release, but geohot decided to make a release anyways even though they said they wanted to do it first. HOWEVER, now that what has happened has happened and the glory is no longer in question, will the SHAtter release happen? Probably not, since at this point if the CDev team does release it, it will do more harm than good to the community (bad) while giving them a bit of glory. So, geohot's move didn't force them to hold off on releasing SHAtter but simply put them in a position where a release by them would do more harm to the community than good.

    Geohot's exploit was getting patching whether he made this release or not. At least now, even though it is getting patched, we have all currently released devices jailbreakable (once he tidies up the relase a but). We (as a community)also have the 'extra life' of SHAtter for when new devices are released. If things had played out like they were looking like earlier this morning, we would be in the same position we are now, except it would have taken 2 days longer and we would not have our 'extra life'.

  19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slingshot377 For This Useful Post:

    BennyPR (2010-10-10), CMOSlabs (2010-10-10), ia7md (2010-10-10), Tylus (2010-10-10)

  20. #175
    Default Modmyi The Best
    Thanks i have an iPhone 3gs i0s 4.1 and dont have any trouble...

  21. #176
    hi frnds

    i might be fool to ask this but i m new to all this stuffs....

    will this jailbreak work for my ipad 3.2.2 pl answer

    thnx bunch in advance

  22. #177
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    111
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts

    just did it. got cydia and limerain are both white icons but i dont really care about that.

    iphone 4

    ios 4.0.1

    windows 7

    64bit

    was previously jailbroken with jailbreakme.com

  23. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Slingshot377 View Post
    Geohot's release does NOT force the Chronic Dev team to save their SHAtter exploit. They could still release it at their scheduled time if they want.

    When he offered the CDev team his exploit for greenpois0n, he was turned down for 2 reason: one was that it would delay the release of the jailbreak (bad for the community), and the other was that he would get the glory for the exploit (bad for the CDev team). What his release did was simply remove the glory from the equation. Nobody ever could have stopped geohot from releasing his exploit, but him releasing it before greenpois0n lets him take the glory for being the first to release a jailbreak since JailbreakMe.com. This is what the community is upset about: the Chrnoic Dev team called 'dibs' on the glory by announcing their upcoming release, but geohot decided to make a release anyways even though they said they wanted to do it first. HOWEVER, now that what has happened has happened and the glory is no longer in question, will the SHAtter release happen? Probably not, since at this point if the CDev team does release it, it will do more harm than good to the community (bad) while giving them a bit of glory. So, geohot's move didn't force them to hold off on releasing SHAtter but simply put them in a position where a release by them would do more harm to the community than good.

    Geohot's exploit was getting patching whether he made this release or not. At least now, even though it is getting patched, we have all currently released devices jailbreakable (once he tidies up the relase a but). We (as a community)also have the 'extra life' of SHAtter for when new devices are released. If things had played out like they were looking like earlier this morning, we would be in the same position we are now, except it would have taken 2 days longer and we would not have our 'extra life'.
    CDev team is looking bad for 2 years in a row now.. They did this last year... promised something, then bailed because they got all butt hurt...

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhone3G[S] For This Useful Post:

    loafomatic (2010-10-10)

  25. #179
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gsmumbo View Post
    PEOPLE. The jailbreak is released. This isn't Edward vs. Jacob here. Limera1n is out. Enjoy it if you can, wait for a fix if you can't(3Gs new bootrom). Do you honestly think that your opinion of Chronic or Geo is going to change anything? There are a lot better things to fight over in this world than something that you personally have nothing to do with(who stole what, who used what exploit, etc) and that you have absolutely no control over. Let Chronic and Geo duke it out. This isn't your fight.
    I like this guy.

  26. #180
    Wrong.. your assumption that you have to "smartly" use something when exploiting it is dead wrong. People, products and things are exploited every day and very rarely is the "smart"ness of it considered. Listen, these exploits have have been known and harbored for months and months.. the dev team forced Georgie to release his before he wanted to because of his ego. The dev team should still do theirs.. why? Because, there are ALWAYS going to be bugs, ports, openings and exploits in the FWs released by any software company. Your assumption -- along with many others -- is that the number of chances is limited. It's not. As long as these devices use firm and software, there will be hackers, programmers and glory hounds chomping at the bit to crack them.

Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •