Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Limera1n is Live!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyrob2g View Post
    Even if that is the case he still users comex's exploit with out permission.
    He found that exploit himself, he just used the same thing comex did to keep it untethered.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyrob2g View Post
    Even if that is the case he still users comex's exploit with out permission.
    As I already said, it was long released and understood. To NOT use it would have been stupid because Apple would eventually patch it whether it was ever used again in an exploit or not. This wasn't some beta shared inconfidence. Sharing with select people is how this stuff happens in the first place. Geohot was prepared to give them his entire exploit so that thy would use it and save SHAtter but they turned him down and forced him to do this (it forced them to save SHAtter for later).

He literally JUMPED to our rescue despite it meaning more work for him and little understanding/appreciation. He's a scene hero. Nothing less.
    Last edited by CZroe; 2010-10-10 at 04:22 AM.

Default limera1n difficulties
    I am glad it's here. I tried it on my vista laptop and it timed out searching for my iphone 3gs. The possible problem could be that I presently have a downgraded 4.0 version. I tried to upgrade using itunes to 4.1, but apparently the apple server is down. According to the error message i recieved. So I hope the coming guide will cover these problems. Note I also tried to use snowbreeze 2.0 to upgrade to the 4.1 and it too failed.

i tried windows xp compatability mode on vista as well to no avail.
    Last edited by scooby1800s; 2010-10-10 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scooby1800s View Post
    I am glad it's here. I tried it on my vista laptop and it timed out searching for my iphone 3gs. The possible problem could be that I presently have a downgraded 4.0 version. I tried to upgrade using itunes to 4.1, but apparently the apple server is down. According to the error message i recieved. So I hope the coming guide will cover these problems. Note I also tried to use snowbreeze 2.0 to upgrade to the 4.1 and it too failed.

i tried windows xp compatability mode on vista as well to no avail.
    I guess we wait till tomorrow Scooby

even better, if limera1n has so many bugs just wait it out till tomorrow and need to delete blackra1n.app after greenp0ison

Well, I used limera1n about 2 hours ago with my iPod Touch 3Gen...Worked flawlessly and without any "roadblocks"...BUT after reading the comments here, I'm kinda hesitant to use it on my iPhone 4...Should I?...
    27" iMac: Quad-Core 2.93GHz i7 & 16GB RAM
    iPhone 4S: 64GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPad 2: 32GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Touch 3rd Gen iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Classic (thick) 160GB

worked perfectly on my Ipad 3.2.2 and Iphone4 4.1 att locked

Questions: I'm on 4.0.1 - do I need to update to 4.1 first? I have my shsh blobs saved already. Also, how do I go about using this and maintaining my unlocked baseband via TinyUmbrella?

Thanks
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

The chronic dev team and comex flat Out say he stole comex's unteathered expoit. It's said very bluntly by all of them. It looks like this is gonna be chronic dev vs geohot. I'm on chronic devs side.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iTouch-Warrior View Post
    I'm kinda hesitant to use it on my iPhone 4...Should I?...
    My theory is: if you have to ask this question, the answer is "no".

I'm ITCHING for the 4.1 jb in my i4, but I'm waiting.

My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Thanks

Im just gonna wait for GP's fixed version of Geo's JB so as to not have any of the bugs people are complaining about. Seems they (CDEV) are going to use Geo's and tweak it to make it aork better.

Does it work on old bootrom 3GS? I see limra1n.com advises new bootrom is out.

I'm clearly waiting on the Dev team before I unlock my iPhone 4 but I wanted to play around with Limera1n on my old 3G...does Limera1n support the 3G or just 3GS and above?

Thanks guys!
    Bcon

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoV View Post
    Questions: I'm on 4.0.1 - do I need to update to 4.1 first? I have my shsh blobs saved already. Also, how do I go about using this and maintaining my unlocked baseband via TinyUmbrella?

Thanks
    im in the same boat. iphone 4 with 4.0.1. jailbroken. my iphone is factory unlocked so baseband stuff is irrelevant to me.

whats the best way to go about upgrading to 4.1. and jailbreaking with this. i got my shsh saved so i can downgrade anytime

Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    My theory is: if you have to ask this question, the answer is "no".

I'm ITCHING for the 4.1 jb in my i4, but I'm waiting.
    I dont see what the big deal is. Just do it if you want. At worst a restore will fix it and you will just be back at square one with no JB.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Actually Geohot stole nothing. Jailbreakme was made OPEN-SOURCE so he could of got to untethered logo from there. Duh! And Comex approves of the Jailbreak. It saves a bootrom exploit! And just look, you people who saying there will be more. WELL THE WASTED THE 3GS's AND NOW MILLIONS of 3gs cant be pwn-for-life with-out a wait of 2 years! GEOHOT DID THIS! He was smart for using this! Its just simple

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to famerdave For This Useful Post:

joe97 (2010-10-10), loafomatic (2010-10-10)

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

There are alot of issues with Limera1n
    nothing installed would work correctly
    went to restore
    got caught in a recovery loop (error 1004)
    had to kick out of recovery POS X)

(iphone 4 4.1 stock fw)

Hope this helps
    Last edited by iFrosty; 2010-10-10 at 04:36 AM.

Only problem I've found is that I can delete the app after cydia install. Aside from that, no issues. Iphone 4 with 4.1

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iFrosty View Post
    There are alot of issues with Limera1n
    nothing installed would work correctly
    went to restore
    got caught in a recovery loop (error 1004)
    had to kick out of recovery POS X)

(iphone 4 4.1 stock fw)
    Error 1004 isnt a recovery loop. It is a known baseband error with iPhone 4 when using tiny umbrella or having hosts pointed to cydia.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
    Only problem I've found is that I can delete the app after cydia install. Aside from that, no issues. Iphone 4 with 4.1
    You have to delete it manually using SSH or a usb explorer program.
    Last edited by Simon; 2010-10-10 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Dragonx151 (2010-10-10), iFrosty (2010-10-10)

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Error 1004 isnt a recovery loop. It is a known baseband error with iPhone 4 when using tiny umbrella or having hosts pointed to cydia.

You have to delete it manually using SSH or a usb explorer program.
    oooo well that makes sense thx!

Default My perspective
    They're called "exploits" right? Why on Earth do these devs hold on to them so long. If that's what they're called.. then they should be "exploit"ed.. period. No, I'm not a dev.. and have no idea how to program an iphone.. that said.. all of these experts are doing it for bragging rights and so they can say they one-upped the powerful Apple. Georgie beat the dev team to the punch. He saw an opportunity -- saw the adulation they were getting and usurped them. It was an exploit he found.. and has been holding on to. No one denies it's a different exploit than the devs are using. Once he works the bugs out, it will be infinitely better as well. Why? Because there are still millions of hardware owners who do NOT have the fourth gen units. It's that simple.

Is George a jerk? Yes.. an egoist? Damn straight. Am I glad he released it? Not yet -- I'm on a 3GS with the new bootrom.. but, I will as soon has he fixes it.

my take -- take it or leave it.

Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast