Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Limera1n is Live!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    Thanks! I'll go do that now. I don't know for sure about any stolen code (and if it is true then thats is just wrong) but I think I'll wait for the dev team release. The always put out a good solid product.
    Comex gave geohot a beta version of his userland exploit so it would be unteathered and geo was supposed to wait to use it, but he stabbed comex in the back and released it today. Have no illusions geohot did not do this to help the community and jb all devices. He did it because hit wants another million hits on his website and YouTube. Such a thieving bastard.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob2G For This Useful Post:

scottjl (2010-10-10)

Thanks

Works flawless on my iPad 3.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyrob2g View Post
    It's funny how most people hate piracy (myself included) but are using egohotz jb ( I will never let g anything geo any where near any my idevices ). Lime whatever is piracy, he stole an exploit then screwed the rightful devs out of a release. Any one who says otherwise needs to check there sources. All the devs on twitter are calling geohot a thief. I hope any one who condones this theft uses lime what ever and bricks there device. Geo should never be trusted from the bs he pulled with the ps3 community, he also called iPhone jbers stupid at a conference in Paris. He is a thief and an attention whore. Some one who lives in jersey please find him and beat the tar out of him.
    Hmmm.. alright, I'm sure you were saying the exact same thing when he released blackra1n. You're complaining that he released a jailbreak using stolen code, well that's all well and good for you, you're an iphone 4 owner who can actually use greenp0ison, what about the people who can't? I got it because there's no real jailbreak for ipt3G users out there on 4.1, and I think that's the reason everybody else did too. If you don't like it, quit your ********. Just because he acts like an *** doesn't mean you have to condemn useful software that helps people like me. As for calling jbers stupid, half of the time he'd be right. People going around asking for jailbreaks would leave that impression, as they have no respect for the coders that do it.

Ok so I'm running 4.0.1. I've been dying to try out 4.1 cause in having bad Bluetooth issues ect. So I'm thinking about trying out this jb and see how well it works. Since I have all my shsh on file for 4.0.1 I can downgrade back to 4.0.1 again and use jailbreakme.com to rejailbreak if I decide this limera1n is too buggy correct?

My hope is GP is still released in spite of Geo's litte BS move. I have had an iphone since the original versions, we (as in developers, not me) can find new exploits. Forcing chronic to hold off is an immature move, and I hope the chronic team doesn't play into the crap. As for the people with older devices getting pissed b/c shatter only works on the A4s, guess what that is life.

AND most importantly there have been past jailbreaks to work with the older devices, was your choice to upgrade firmware. Some of these new customers had no choice on the firmwarr thier devices were shipped with.

Just let me know when a jailbreak is available for the Ipad 4,2 beta that isnt supper buggy. All my support is for chronic dev, geo csn crawl back into his hole with his huge ego and leave the communitty alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    Well Limera1n and GP are life jailbreaks (with the current hardware) Apple can't patch what you already have when it comes to these two jailbreaks/exploits. The damn phone just came out a few months ago, everyone is already worrying about iPhone 5? Good God!
    I think that they are more worried about iPad 2G (expected before year's end) and Apple TV. There isn't even a good use for it yet on Apple TV, so why burn it now before many have the chance to be sold with the exploitable A4 bootrom?
    Last edited by CZroe; 2010-10-10 at 05:52 PM.

Worked perfect on my iPhone 4..... Love you Geohot

Quote Originally Posted by lunercrab View Post
    Ok so I'm running 4.0.1. I've been dying to try out 4.1 cause in having bad Bluetooth issues ect. So I'm thinking about trying out this jb and see how well it works. Since I have all my shsh on file for 4.0.1 I can downgrade back again and use jailbreakme.com again if I decide this limera1n is too buggy correct?
    Yep

limera1n isn't working on 3gs old bootrom 4.1 yet. followed the steps but i never see the limerain logo... anyone else have this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
    thanks for ******* things up egohot. why won't this guy just go away already? he screwed up greenpoison for the rest of us. what good does that do the community? it only serves to his own over-inflated ego. he released a half-assed jailbreak that screws unlocks. because it doesn't stop your baseband from being updated (unlike pwnagetool which will). why doesn't he go help android or something? sheesh.
    You're confused. How did he screw up GP? He made it more effective by forcing them to wait.

Just went through the trouble of updating and jailbreaking only to find out there's more changes than we thought on 4.1

I'm going back to 4.0 and I'll update to 4.1 next month when most of the Cydia stuff is updated to work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    Wrong on almost every count. The only thing Geohot used was Jailbreakme's method of persisting after the initial exploit. He still needed to find a new initial exploit, which he did, and the Jailreakme method of persisting was already known and was surprisingly not yet patched by Apple. Even if no one ever used it again, Apple would have likely gotten around to patching it. Basically, it's why JBme was untethered.

He didn't steal anything except their launch window and that was for out sake. In fact, he offered them his exploit for them to use in Greenpois0n and they refused for no good reason ("we're almost done" is not a good reason). They refused and he was forced to take action.
    Do you read twitter? Cdevwill, p0sixninja and comex all said he stole it. Geohot said he retired then he comes back a rips devs off. You can stroke geos cock all you want but he is a thief. That's all there is to it. I'm gonna laugh when he throws another fit and "retires" again and leaves all you geo lovers out to dry.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob2G For This Useful Post:

scottjl (2010-10-10)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Has anyone used it on the iPad yet? I'm not going to use this on my iPhone 4 at all, but my wife has been bugging me like crazy to let her know when a jailbreak is available for our iPad. I see people talking about baseband issues and stuff with the phone, but none of that has anything to do with the wifi iPad, does it?

Quit whining already. Limera1n was released.
    Its for the better! Get over it.
    GP or not
    WE WILL STILL HAVE PWNAGE TOOL!! FTW!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple. For This Useful Post:

loafomatic (2010-10-10)

Comex gave geohot a beta version of his userland exploit so it would be unteathered and geo was supposed to wait to use it, but he stabbed comex in the back and released it today. Have no illusions geohot did not do this to help the community and jb all devices. He did it because hit wants another million hits on his website and YouTube. Such a thieving bastard.
    Uh, no. He's using Comex's old trick from Jailbreak me so that his new exploit will persist after a reboot. He said that he was surprised that Apple hadn't patched it yet (just the initial code escalation PDF exploit). He still needed his own initial exploit and he found one.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CZroe For This Useful Post:

runner12326 (2010-10-10)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

i even tried running in compatibility mode setting to run as Windows XP and still not working.

No Cydia for me.

I guess i will wait till tomorrow unless someone can help me.

Iphone 4 with 4.1 firmware 01.59.00

ran it about 4 times already and restarting about 10 times and still no cydia.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

does ultrasnow work on 4.1?

Do you read twitter? Cdevwill, p0sixninja and comex all said he stole it. Geohot said he retired then he comes back a rips devs off. You can stroke geos cock all you want but he is a thief. That's all there is to it. I'm gonna laugh when he throws another fit and "retires" again and leaves all you geo lovers out to dry.
    You INTERPRETED it that way. He offered them his exploit. Obviously, that's not "thief" behavior. You are mischaracterizing what the other devs are saying. People have taken everything out of context to use against him for months, from pwnd4life to him JBing his iP4 with an unreleased exploit (not his exploit!) to this.

Thanks

Even if that is the case he still users comex's exploit with out permission.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I hadn't noticed there was a 10.0.1 version of iTunes. A stupid question, but just making sure, it's okay to update right?
    El Zurdo

Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast