Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Limera1n is Live!

Quote Originally Posted by iMC209 View Post
    it doesnt work for ipod touch 2g 8gb mc or 3g 8gb mc. i've tried too many times. all it does is say exploiting but no raindrop. :-(
    hope he fixes it soon.

that would be because its not supoprted
    and fyi

ipod touch 2gmc 8gb = ipod touch 3g 8gb

actually there is no such thing as a 8gb 3g ipod touch

i can see his paypal flooding now :P
    Last edited by cadsii; 2010-10-10 at 03:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    No Signature link or spam... only warning

Im suprised GeoHot came back i thought he gave up the jailbreakng stuff

Thanks

Woohoo let's all be happy we can jb. Leave the drama for those people
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

Well took the plunge and jailbroke my 4th Generation iPod Touch. Seems to work although Cydia has a blank icon lol. (I can fix through my theming so no bid deal )
    Everything is pretty simple and I dont see any immeadiate problems. Good luck everyone!

After a reboot it has the correct icon though.
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-10-10 at 03:45 AM.

hahah go figure surprise geo hot likes the attention guys...let me release an unfinished product ahead of someone else who took the time to do it properly so the focus is on me...hAHAHA IM *** AND IM GEORGE HOTZ

I think this is all bitter sweet. Glad to see GeoHot still doing work. I'm glad one exploit will be saved for the future, this had to be done. It's just to bad it went down the way it did. When the smoke clears, everyone will see it was for the best!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

It's funny how most people hate piracy (myself included) but are using egohotz jb ( I will never let g anything geo any where near any my idevices ). Lime whatever is piracy, he stole an exploit then screwed the rightful devs out of a release. Any one who says otherwise needs to check there sources. All the devs on twitter are calling geohot a thief. I hope any one who condones this theft uses lime what ever and bricks there device. Geo should never be trusted from the bs he pulled with the ps3 community, he also called iPhone jbers stupid at a conference in Paris. He is a thief and an attention whore. Some one who lives in jersey please find him and beat the tar out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    Before I even go near any of this, I need a good recommendation for a cydia app backup program. I used to go through rock, but well, we all know about that. Anyone have a good, reliable, app back up they can recommend?
    Download aptbackup from cydia and tell it to backup your stuff. Then backup with iTunes. After you upgrade and jb restore from back up on iTunes then download aptbackup again and tell it's to restore.
    Last edited by Rob2G; 2010-10-10 at 03:51 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob2G For This Useful Post:

cory (2010-10-10)

Thanks

Geohot did make sense with releasing his jailbreak. Apple knew his exploit, and he didn't want cdev releasing an unknown exploit.

I used limera1n on my iPad that had 3.2.2 out the box and my ipt4g and it worked just fine. I had to restart the devices twice to get icons on cydia and the limera1n app. Other than that no issues at all. Seems to be working great.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

i cant get it to work, no Cydia iphone 4 with 4.1 on old bootrom.

cant get cydia to show up

Thanks to Geohot, does ultrasn0w unlock iphone 4 running IOS 4.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyrob2g View Post
    Download aptbackup from cydia and tell it to backup your stuff. Then backup with iTunes. After you upgrade and jb restore from back up on iTunes then download aptbackup again and tell it's to restore.
    Thanks! I'll go do that now. I don't know for sure about any stolen code (and if it is true then thats is just wrong) but I think I'll wait for the dev team release. The always put out a good solid product.

From what I can see, most of everything works. FolderEnhancer does not though. Also my /stash/ folder now has 2 of every folder.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by delizaza23 View Post
    Thanks to Geohot, does ultrasn0w unlock iphone 4 running IOS 4.1
    Not unless you preserved the baseband from 4.0 4.0.1 4.0.2.

If you just updated to 4.1 with out using tiny umbrella to preserve your baseband then you are SOL because there is no unlock for the old one and it can not be downgraded at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyrob2g View Post
    It's funny how most people hate piracy (myself included) but are using egohotz jb ( I will never let g anything geo any where near any my idevices ). Lime whatever is piracy, he stole an exploit then screwed the rightful devs out of a release. Any one who says otherwise needs to check there sources. All the devs on twitter are calling geohot a thief. I hope any one who condones this theft uses lime what ever and bricks there device. Geo should never be trusted from the bs he pulled with the ps3 community, he also called iPhone jbers stupid at a conference in Paris. He is a thief and an attention whore. Some one who lives in jersey please find him and beat the tar out of him.
    Wrong on almost every count. The only thing Geohot used was Jailbreakme's method of persisting after the initial exploit. He still needed to find a new initial exploit, which he did, and the Jailreakme method of persisting was already known and was surprisingly not yet patched by Apple. Even if no one ever used it again, Apple would have likely gotten around to patching it. Basically, it's why JBme was untethered.

He didn't steal anything except their launch window and that was for out sake. In fact, he offered them his exploit for them to use in Greenpois0n and they refused for no good reason ("we're almost done" is not a good reason). They refused and he was forced to take action.
    Last edited by CZroe; 2010-10-10 at 04:00 AM.

For those folks having issues uninstalling limera1n, install cydelete then u can just toggle and delete.

thanks for ******* things up egohot. why won't this guy just go away already? he screwed up greenpoison for the rest of us. what good does that do the community? it only serves to his own over-inflated ego. he released a half-assed jailbreak that screws unlocks. because it doesn't stop your baseband from being updated (unlike pwnagetool which will). why doesn't he go help android or something? sheesh.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to scottjl For This Useful Post:

Rob2G (2010-10-10)

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    That's a very irresponsible way to look at it. Do you have any idea how many people have been stuck without JBs or unlocks at the current rate that exploits are found, developed, and released?

To deprive Cydia devs of potential customers for no good reason does not help them or the community in any way.
    Well Limera1n and GP are life jailbreaks (with the current hardware) Apple can't patch what you already have when it comes to these two jailbreaks/exploits. The damn phone just came out a few months ago, everyone is already worrying about iPhone 5? Good God!
    "Don't hold it like that!"

Didnt work in fusion for me had to boot into windows, works great though.

Thanks

Glad I decided to wait on the dev team(s) and not jump on the on-again off-again geohot-stroking bandwagon.

Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast