Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1096

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Limera1n is Live!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dying4004 View Post
    his phone is locked now. so cant make phone calls and receive calls.
    I dont think that is the issue if he is still able to receive calls.

Angry welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by waffle19 View Post
    I have a friend who upgraded his 3GS to 4.1 and jb using limera1n.. And now he can't call out but still able to receive calls.. Anyone facing the same prob? Any solution?
    i did the same thing idk if i can get calls but,it's locked till we get an unlock "firmware 05.14.02" have em use his backup phone..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to customworksking For This Useful Post:

waffle19 (2010-10-15)

*edit* solved
    Last edited by thopunk; 2010-10-15 at 01:58 AM. Reason: fixed

i'm sure for all of you experienced people out there this has been asked a bunch, but i have searched this forum and 10 others and still haven't found any answers on this:

I have been told by lots of friends that after i jailbreak i need to make sure that i change my ssh password and/or root password that is defaulted. now i've seen how to do this on some forums with older JB's, but as i've read in other posts to install mobile terminal and the directions. mobile terminal doesn't work and i need help on this to secure my phone.

any comments and help would be immensely appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by customworksking View Post
    i did the same thing idk if i can get calls but,it's locked till we get an unlock "firmware 05.14.02" have em use his backup phone..
    lol thanks. do u think its better for me to tell him to un-jailbreak the phone until the new jb is out?

Quote Originally Posted by waffle19 View Post
    lol thanks. do u think its better for me to tell him to un-jailbreak the phone until the new jb is out?
    j/b is out we need to unlock... to b on the safe side yes un-break n sit n wait with all of us for the unlock
    Last edited by customworksking; 2010-10-16 at 07:14 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MickyEyez View Post
    i'm sure for all of you experienced people out there this has been asked a bunch, but i have searched this forum and 10 others and still haven't found any answers on this:

I have been told by lots of friends that after i jailbreak i need to make sure that i change my ssh password and/or root password that is defaulted. now i've seen how to do this on some forums with older JB's, but as i've read in other posts to install mobile terminal and the directions. mobile terminal doesn't work and i need help on this to secure my phone.

any comments and help would be immensely appreciated.
    If your on a Mac you can use Terminal to ssh into the phone and change the password that way.

Keep in mind you only have to worry about changing them if you have an ssh app installed (openssh, autossh, etc.). I typically keep ssh apps off of my phone until I need them, at which point I install it, use it, and quickly uninstall it again.

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Its not exactly their fault. They had to switch exploits at the last second. I am sure their original using shatter was a lot more polished.
    The same logic applies to Geohot as well. He did not want to develop the exploit and even offered it to them. They had the option of taking it and taking their time, but they did not accept. When they refused and announced a release date for the SHAtter-based GreenPois0n, he had very little time and no other choice other than to give up and let his exploit go to waste.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    The same logic applies to Geohot as well. He did not want to develop the exploit and even offered it to them. They had the option of taking it and taking their time, but they did not accept. When they refused and announced a release date for the SHAtter-based GreenPois0n, he had very little time and no other choice other than to give up and let his exploit go to waste.
    Ya but thats just the way geohot is. I remember when he banged out blacksn0w in a matter of days. Not many can do what he does as fast as he does.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have been sitting on the fence far a while now trying to figure out whether or not to upgrade to 4.1 as the only reason to do this (to me) would be the bluetooth stack improvements.

For those who are in a similar situation as I am in, IP4, locked to AT&T (using the phone abroad), JB and unlocked with Ultrasnow, how well did the upgrade to 4.1 go AND more importantly, what about the experience of unlocking? Did you have to use the original AT&T sim (I suppose so), even being abroad?

I am well aware of the process thanks to the wonderful people on here (TU to preserve baseband, then restore to 4.1 then JB then Unlock).
    What should I do, take my chances or wait until a new version of Ultrasnow becomes avaialble capable of unlocking the latest BB?

BTW, would this not be a good subject for a poll?

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    If your on a Mac you can use Terminal to ssh into the phone and change the password that way.

Keep in mind you only have to worry about changing them if you have an ssh app installed (openssh, autossh, etc.). I typically keep ssh apps off of my phone until I need them, at which point I install it, use it, and quickly uninstall it again.
    i really appreciate your reply. That is good to know but i do intend on using ssh so i'm assuming it would be best to change my password.

i do indeed have a mac and already have terminal open. do you know where i can find a link or instructions on how i can change my password via terminal and whatever ssh app i need?

again... thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MickyEyez View Post
    i really appreciate your reply. That is good to know but i do intend on using ssh so i'm assuming it would be best to change my password.

i do indeed have a mac and already have terminal open. do you know where i can find a link or instructions on how i can change my password via terminal and whatever ssh app i need?

again... thanks!
    How To Change the iPhone’s Root Password | iSource

I use SSH a lot too. I just prefer to reinstall and uninstall openSSH each time I need it as it only takes a moment to do and that way it doesn't matter if they have the password or not as my phone is more secure with openSSH not installed except when I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by ghislain View Post
    I have been sitting on the fence far a while now trying to figure out whether or not to upgrade to 4.1 as the only reason to do this (to me) would be the bluetooth stack improvements.

For those who are in a similar situation as I am in, IP4, locked to AT&T (using the phone abroad), JB and unlocked with Ultrasnow, how well did the upgrade to 4.1 go AND more importantly, what about the experience of unlocking? Did you have to use the original AT&T sim (I suppose so), even being abroad?

I am well aware of the process thanks to the wonderful people on here (TU to preserve baseband, then restore to 4.1 then JB then Unlock).
    What should I do, take my chances or wait until a new version of Ultrasnow becomes avaialble capable of unlocking the latest BB?

BTW, would this not be a good subject for a poll?
    As long as you follow the instructions for TU, there isn't any "chance" involved. Pay attention to what you are doing and you will be fine. I'm on AT&T but I still prefer to keep my baseband as low as possible in order to keep the resale value as high as possible. I did it on mine and it was a piece of cake.
    Last edited by mortopher; 2010-10-16 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

As long as you follow the instructions for TU, there isn't any "chance" involved. Pay attention to what you are doing and you will be fine. I'm on AT&T but I still prefer to keep my baseband as low as possible in order to keep the resale value as high as possible. I did it on mine and it was a piece of cake.
    I am not afraid about JB nor about preserving the BB but its the unlocking part that keeps me from proceeding. I read that several people that are in the same situation - IP4 locked to AT&T used abroad - now have issues (post Limera1n/GP JB/unlock) with Facetime and MMS (BTW I already have a MMS issue meaning that most of the time it does not work! Everything else though works fine, including Facetime) hence my question.

I am not afraid about JB nor about preserving the BB but its the unlocking part that keeps me from proceeding. I read that several people that are in the same situation - IP4 locked to AT&T used abroad - now have issues (post Limera1n/GP JB/unlock) with Facetime and MMS (BTW I already have a MMS issue meaning that most of the time it does not work! Everything else though works fine, including Facetime) hence my question.
    Umm, preserving the BaseBand *IS* "the unlocking part."

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Yup

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Totally confused now!
    I thought preserving the BB (by using TU) simply prevented the BB from being upgraded so that Ultrasnow can be used to unlock the phone?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Totally confused now!
    I thought preserving the BB (by using TU) simply prevented the BB from being upgraded so that Ultrasnow can be used to unlock the phone?
    You right what's so confusing? Pwnagetool does the same thing for 3GS and 3G users

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am just wondering why one needs to go through using Ultrasnow again after the JB if not upgrading (preserving) the BB is keeping the unlock in place? Apologies for the Noob questions.

Thanks

I am just wondering why one needs to go through using Ultrasnow again after the JB if not upgrading (preserving) the BB is keeping the unlock in place? Apologies for the Noob questions.
    Because when you update ultrasn0w gets wiped away. But since you are preserving the baseband you can install it again after and be unlocked again.

How To Change the iPhone’s Root Password | iSource

I use SSH a lot too. I just prefer to reinstall and uninstall openSSH each time I need it as it only takes a moment to do and that way it doesn't matter if they have the password or not as my phone is more secure with openSSH not installed except when I need it.

i appreciate the response... the problem that i'm having (and from what i have read from several other threads) is that mobileterminal does not work and there hasn't been an update for it with the 4.2 jb... any other ways to change the ssh and root password without mobileterminal?

Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast