Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1096

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Limera1n is Live!

Quote Originally Posted by s1l3nt View Post
    3g unrestrictor not supported yet for 4.1
    My bad. Thanks. Going to try newest version.

Default Tiny Umbrella/ limera1n failure
    HAD 4.01 iPhone 4 that was jailbroken using jailbreakme, worked perfectly. Thought it was good idea to update to 4.1 based on what i had read in forums. Decide to maintain baseband so used tiny umbrella, followed instructions precisely then tried to apply limera1m most recent update. Appeared to work just fine, cydia then restore apps thru pkgbackup and apps did show up however got message that wasn't able to get cell data or something like that. Killed phone portion of iphone, wifi works but no phone period. Won't show network or carrier (ATT). Tried to restore using the custom ispw from tiny umbrella in desperation and still no phone, call ATT support they suggest bad sim, went and got new sim still no phone service. Anyone have ideas all help appreciated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone risingkazuya05's Avatar
    Thanks

for all the peeps that has problems with facetime not working on 3g and edge, purchase facebreak on cydia. its been updated to 1.15 to work with FT on 4.1. there is a bug however with some people having to turn on wifi but not actually connect to get it to work. hope they fix this bug soon but at least it works.
    Ninjas?!?!...They all learned from ME!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hihum View Post
    So I'm guessing that you tried my suggestion too, and it didn't help? Sorry to hear that. Perhaps deleting just one app, or try downloading a new app in the appstore app. Maybe adding or deleting an app will "reset things"...just guessing now.
    Yeah, this ended up working. Thanks for your help guys.

hey guys im running ipod touch 3g 4.1 firmware and i do everything right useing limera1n and when its done i reboot and i dont see any limera1n app or cydia help??

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

guys it CLEARLY tells u which phones are support on limerain.com i dont get why people are trying this with 2g anything. 60 pages in i dont think this should still be asked. not trying to be rude but come on.

Quote Originally Posted by duffymaker View Post
    hey guys im running ipod touch 3g 4.1 firmware and i do everything right useing limera1n and when its done i reboot and i dont see any limera1n app or cydia help??
    try searching for limerain. see if u find it that way
    Last edited by RileyFreeman; 2010-10-12 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by natim
    HAD 4.01 iPhone 4 that was jailbroken using jailbreakme, worked perfectly. Thought it was good idea to update to 4.1 based on what i had read in forums. Decide to maintain baseband so used tiny umbrella, followed instructions precisely then tried to apply limera1m most recent update. Appeared to work just fine, cydia then restore apps thru pkgbackup and apps did show up however got message that wasn't able to get cell data or something like that. Killed phone portion of iphone, wifi works but no phone period. Won't show network or carrier (ATT). Tried to restore using the custom ispw from tiny umbrella in desperation and still no phone, call ATT support they suggest bad sim, went and got new sim still no phone service. Anyone have ideas all help appreciated.
    I guess there's not much else to do but a clean update and a clean restore. This will of course mean a new baseband for you, but if you went so far that you actually changing your SIM, I think something's pretty messed up.
    1Hz

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by natim View Post
    if u have an at&T iphone and u are with at&T whats the point of worrying about the baseband? unless u plan on selling your iphone 4 in the next 2 months its pointless as their will be a unlock out by then. my iphone 4 is factory unlocked so i didnt care about the baseband and just updated then made it rain

Quote Originally Posted by Zydiac View Post
    I guess there's not much else to do but a clean update and a clean restore. This will of course mean a new baseband for you, but if you went so far that you actually changing your SIM, I think something's pretty messed up.
    Why does a clean restore mean a Baseband update? He used Tinyumbrella to preserve the baseband. When I updated my IP4 to 4.1 a month ago, I used TUmbrella and it worked great. I did a clean restore from 4.02. Im just asking...

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    Yea that sucks.....lol

I guess I will have to buy a pc just to jb......
    Ever hear of Bootcamp?

Default Lost Carrier after update
    Quote Originally Posted by tkawika View Post
    Why does a clean restore mean a Baseband update? He used Tinyumbrella to preserve the baseband. When I updated my IP4 to 4.1 a month ago, I used TUmbrella and it worked great. I did a clean restore from 4.02. Im just asking...
    Everything appeared to be fine, even restore all pkgs with pkgbackup but the carrier disappeared, wifi still works but can't make or receive calls not even the emergency type. I even tried to do a factory restore after spending most of the day trying to figure it out but wouldn't even allow that. I may tried rolling back via tiny umbrella to 4.02 and see if that will work. All help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by natim View Post
    Everything appeared to be fine, even restore all pkgs with pkgbackup but the carrier disappeared, wifi still works but can't make or receive calls not even the emergency type. I even tried to do a factory restore after spending most of the day trying to figure it out but wouldn't even allow that. I may tried rolling back via tiny umbrella to 4.02 and see if that will work. All help appreciated.
    Are you on a PC? If so, was your Host file properly modified to point to Cydia? I had the same issue when I tried on a earlier Iphone.

Yes it's been set properly for quite some time. I used tiny umbrella to not change baseband and phone says 4.1 with old baseband so it appears that part worked.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by duffymaker View Post
    Run Limra1n with Itunes running. Seems to work for most people with this bug.

I wonder if I could have some help, and I wasn't sure if this was the best place to ask.

I just jailbroke my iPhone 4 (from 4.0.1 to 4.1) a little bit ago today. After I installed Cydia, I used Aptbackup to restore my previous cydia apps this did so marvelously. But after I rebooted, ALL my regular Apple App Store apps were gone games, facebook/twitter, everything. No problem, I thought, I'll just do a restore from backup in iTunes at my home computer. About an hour later I did so, but as iTunes was trying to sync everything, I noticed something strange 6 gigs of data was allocated to "other" in the capacity bar at the bottom of the sync page. This had never happened before.

So obviously my sync couldn't complete. The 6 gigs of "other" was around the same size as my music library, so I deleted the music from my phone just to make space for the time being.

I started doing some browsing around regarding the issue and I read something about there being an excess amount of data in the directory var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/Music folder or something like that (I forget the exact location). Sure enough there was a bunch of folders in there on my phone, but I didn't know the size of them. I deleted them anyway, but everytime I try to re-sync, the "other" data is still there at 6 gigs in iTunes, and my phone still says in Settings->General->About that there has been no change in available space.

I would really love to fix this problem, and I have no idea what else could be the cause of said problem. I know that some people say to just do a full restore, but I would really prefer not to, and I'm not clear if that would get rid of my 4.1 limera1n'd jailbreak. Any help or guidance on this matter?

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sirooga View Post
    Run Limra1n with Itunes running. Seems to work for most people with this bug.
    When you hit make it rain, it automatically opens iTunes...or it should...

Has anyone else noticed that limera1n.com says that "Mac coming in 7 years"?

Thanks

Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by RileyFreeman View Post
    guys it CLEARLY tells u which phones are support on limerain.com i dont get why people are trying this with 2g anything. 60 pages in i dont think this should still be asked. not trying to be rude but come on.

try searching for limerain. see if u find it that way
    searched but nope i dont think its even jailbreaking it for some reason more help please??

I would REALLY appreciate some help with some weird stuff going on after limera1n.

So I upgraded to 4.1 then jailbroke without any problems. Seemed to work, except:

1) Widgets (weather, clock, etc) for ANY winterboard theme will not work, at all.

2)Some Cydia apps won't even open (BiteSMS)

3)Infinidock installs, but doesn't work. Shows up in Settings, but does nothing.

Still finding new problems. Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.

Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast