Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Limera1n is Live!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWiredHavocMC2.0 View Post
    so if i wanted to restore to my last backup, will the bootrom exploit still be on the phone?
    The bootrom itself is permanent. The flaw in it that is exploited will always be there to exploit again no matter what firmware or backup you load.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Yes
    So it is in fact just as good to re-run the jailbreak over the existing one to update it as the new RC's come out and finally the final version? I just want to confirm it is actually fixing the issues the new version were supposed to fix. I just ran the RC1 version over top of the last beta.

Thanks,
    Jared

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MaStA819 View Post
    So it is in fact just as good to re-run the jailbreak over the existing one to update it as the new RC's come out and finally the final version? I just want to confirm it is actually fixing the issues the new version were supposed to fix. I just ran the RC1 version over top of the last beta.

Thanks,
    Jared
    Thats not what I was saying yes too. For your question if you ran at least beta 2 and are seein no problems then I dont see the need of rerunning it again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Thats not what I was saying yes too. For your question if you ran at least beta 2 and are seein no problems then I dont see the need of rerunning it again.
    I know you weren't saying yes to it, but you seem to be pretty knowledgeable about the topic so I figured I would just quote you so you knew I was talking to you lol.

Am i the only 1 getting this problem when downloading anything from cydia?

Will RC1 work on a itouch 2g mc model? I really want the JB.

Thanks

I know you weren't saying yes to it, but you seem to be pretty knowledgeable about the topic so I figured I would just quote you so you knew I was talking to you lol.
    Aah. Cool, no prob

Quote Originally Posted by marc1994 View Post
    Will RC1 work on a itouch 2g mc model? I really want the JB.
    I dont think geohot is ever going to get it to work with a iPod touch 2G.
    Last edited by Simon; 2010-10-11 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yah I noticed that as well on the beta2... but figured Id ask before I waste a bunch of time restoring. Or we could just roll the dice and try a in place jb upgrade

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ImBakinBacon View Post
    Thanks everyone for your help, but I think you guys are misunderstanding the situation for me right now.

This is the issue: After I updated to 4.1, I jailbroke with limera1n and it was perfectly fine. I used APTbackup in order to restore my Cydia packages to what they were before, and then all my purchased apps from the App store disappeared. They're still on my iPhone, it's just that it can't "find" or "read" them. Is there anyway to get it to read the apps again without restoring my iPhone?

That's what it looks like from my iTunes.
    So I'm guessing that you tried my suggestion too, and it didn't help? Sorry to hear that. Perhaps deleting just one app, or try downloading a new app in the appstore app. Maybe adding or deleting an app will "reset things"...just guessing now.

Thanks GEOHOT and COMEX you are genius...donation on it's way.

so i jailbroke and then did not want it and restored.
    now my iphone if bricked. how do you get out of that?

jailbrokw mine n like 3esc.. NEED TO UNLOK how long b4 we can ??? thanx geohot

RC1 - out of beta! afc2, reliability improvements, no reboot for cydia, 2kb smaller

Still no luck on my iPad

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe
    WOW! I just realized how inaccurate the title of the original SHAtter article is:

"SHAtter" Will Jailbreak Every iDevice including iPod Touch 4G, iPhone 4, iPad

It says "all devices" and then specifically explains that it's only for A4 devices in the very first paragraph! Even the banner image contradicts itself (says "Jailbreak...For All" and then explicitly only lists the A4 devices it will jailbreak).

But that's not all! It then goes on to say that it is the same vulnerability Geohot discovered, which is not true at all.

THEN, even though it just explained that it was an A4 exploit, it says that MuscleNerd confirmed that it works on "all devices" and quoted him in the same paragraph DIRECTLY contradicting that (he confirms only A4-based devices).

With a misleading article like that, I'd expect this thread to have a lot more people thinking that SHAtter would work on their 3GS or 3rd-gen iPt.
    Time for an update? Clarification? I'm posting this here so that anyone coming to this thread misinformed to discuss Limera1n vs. SHAtter based on that article will see that it is wrong before they start an argument.
    Nice point there, man. In fact, I'm one of the victims of that misleading title. It made me actually wait pretty long for the greenpois0n jailbreak's ETA (10/10/10), and when I found out the fact that it only supports A4 chip devices, it was pretty disappointing. So I can't really thank geohot enough for the move he did.

What a jesus that guy is.
    1Hz

is there a weay to downgrade from 4.1 to 3.1.2?

Quote Originally Posted by customworksking
    is there a weay to downgrade from 4.1 to 3.1.2?
    If Cydia has a SHSH file for your 3.1.2 jailbreak, then yes.

Just curious, but... Why would you downgrade that low, since you own the 3GS?
    1Hz

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ImBakinBacon View Post
    Thanks everyone for your help, but I think you guys are misunderstanding the situation for me right now.

This is the issue: After I updated to 4.1, I jailbroke with limera1n and it was perfectly fine. I used APTbackup in order to restore my Cydia packages to what they were before, and then all my purchased apps from the App store disappeared. They're still on my iPhone, it's just that it can't "find" or "read" them. Is there anyway to get it to read the apps again without restoring my iPhone?

That's what it looks like from my iTunes.

when u plug in your phone dont let it sync. then right click on the phone part in itunes and select transfer purchases. this will put all your apps into itunes. and it will let u check the options and this time u will NOT see the pop up that "this will erase everything"

iPhone? More like MyPhone kingchkn's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kingchkn View Post
    That is fake, geohot is not working on a unlock. That part aboub Sherif Hashim at the bottom is accurate though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zydiac View Post
    If Cydia has a SHSH file for your 3.1.2 jailbreak, then yes.

Just curious, but... Why would you downgrade that low, since you own the 3GS?
    that what was on it when i got it is all.. heard the 4.0 is slow as hell.. but looks like geohow will have a unlock soon so ill use my t mobile 4now.. + i dont have it saved n shsh cycia

Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast