Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Limera1n is Live!

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    u are a d bag thief

wheres the ban hammer?
    Judge Judy has it. But I'm not sure she's ready to enter the jailbreak scene...... Yet

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    u are a d bag thief

wheres the ban hammer?
    I can honestly careless what you think of me! But I do want to thank you for making my hater count go up. So I'm gonna let you go back to work now!!

guys.... i am having a problem with limera1n. my phone is new bootrom 3gs. i have installed ios4.1 and then jailbroke with limera1n. installed everything in cydia and installed some apps. then went to sleep at night. woke up, phone was fine, went to office. after reachign office i rebooted phone and the phone got stuck at while apple screen. and it was stuck for ever. i waited 30 mins but no result. rebooted with power plus home button. and same problem. so i restored 4.1 again and did everything again and after 4 hours same thing again. rebooted and it got stuck at apple screen. now i have restored again. any idea whats causing this?? cheers

Quote Originally Posted by dying4004
    guys.... i am having a problem with limera1n. my phone is new bootrom 3gs. i have installed ios4.1 and then jailbroke with limera1n. installed everything in cydia and installed some apps. then went to sleep at night. woke up, phone was fine, went to office. after reachign office i rebooted phone and the phone got stuck at while apple screen. and it was stuck for ever. i waited 30 mins but no result. rebooted with power plus home button. and same problem. so i restored 4.1 again and did everything again and after 4 hours same thing again. rebooted and it got stuck at apple screen. now i have restored again. any idea whats causing this?? cheers
    Everytime you restored, did you do a clean restore/wipe your phone and not restore it from a backup? I'm using the same device as you and wiped my phone 2 times before even touching limera1n just to make sure everything went correct.

Actually, I haven't rebooted my device since the jailbreak. I must try rebooting it now, making sure I'm not getting in the situation as you. Just a sec...

EDIT: Didn't get stuck in the Apple logo, so everything is fine. Very odd considering your situation.
    Last edited by Zydiac; 2010-10-11 at 11:58 AM.
    1Hz

iPhone? More like MyPhone slavipz's Avatar
    Thanks

Works like a charm. Cydia appeared after one reboot and I was able to delete limera1n... thanks Geohot!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Lovely. I haven't figured out how to log in to Cydia so that I can grab all of the stuff I've paid and downloaded in Rock. I desperately need iBlacklist since my stalker still calls me.

Anyone wanna point me into the right direction?

Other than that, things are running smooth like exlax.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats not exactly fair, how many people can honestly say that the only reason they jailbroke was for themes and apps off Cydia? I don't want to start an argument, but isn't it up to the owner what they do with their iphone?
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Thats not exactly fair, how many people can honestly say that the only reason they jailbroke was for themes and apps off Cydia? I don't want to start an argument, but isn't it up to the owner what they do with their iphone?
    Do what you want with your own phone yes. But talk of piracy is against forum rules so dont post about it here.

Oh, and I for one can definitely say I only jailbreak for apps from cydia, most of them are paid apps too which were worth every penny.

Thanks

I'm confused. I thought the reason to jailbreak was to have the freedom to customize your phone?

I don't want to jailbreak just to jailbreak.

I pay for my apps as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay316
    I also bet that a big part of this community obtain their apps through piracy. And I actually feel for them; not everyone might have the option to pay for what they really need from the App Store or even Cydia.

But rules are rules. You keep it to yourself whatever you do is here illegal.
    1Hz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Xiavia View Post
    Lovely. I haven't figured out how to log in to Cydia so that I can grab all of the stuff I've paid and downloaded in Rock. I desperately need iBlacklist since my stalker still calls me.

Anyone wanna point me into the right direction?

Other than that, things are running smooth like exlax.
    theres no real log in for cydia. once u pay for a app if im not mistaken it links everything via your email. so if u buy any app even if its 99cents and its the same email u used on rock it links everything.

thats a guess but i have never created a cydia log in and i tried to get my3g to download since someone said they got it working earlier on page 36. so i uninstalled 3g unrestrictor and pulled my3g and it automatically linked my account

i agree it should be up to the owner BUT....

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Do what you want with your own phone yes. But talk of piracy is against forum rules so dont post about it here.

Oh, and I for one can definitely say I only jailbreak for apps from cydia, most of them are paid apps too which were worth every penny.
    like he says here, its against the rules HERE. there are other sites u can discuss those things.

the problem is theres a lot of childish people that turn to name calling.

theres a grown up way to do it.

random user says something about cracked apps

a mature user simply has to say "thats against the forum rules and u will get banned for discussing it. Google what u are looking for as there are many other sites for this"

end of story. if u dont even wanna say the google part thats fine. simply say thats against the rules and keep it moving.

i completely understand why people want to use cracked apps. i disagree with it but i get it. but there are apps out there ESPECIALLY in cydia that are ridiculously priced. $20 for an app? u gotta be kidding me. BUT thats my opinion.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RileyFreeman For This Useful Post:

bettik (2010-10-11), Dave_Xiavia (2010-10-11)

It's great that he released this even though it might have pissed some dev team guys off. They can save their exploit for after apple patches this one by changing the bootrom.

Regards

My iphone 3gs have baseband 5.14.02 , recently was jailbreak with limera1n but is locked , when is the release of the ultrasnow for baseband 5.14.02 ?

thanks for your comments.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mauricio512 View Post
    Regards

My iphone 3gs has baseband 5.14.02 , recently was jailbreak with limera1n but is locked , when is the release of the ultrasnow for baseband 5.14.02 ?

thanks for your comments.
    It is being worked on, but is probably still months away.

Quote Originally Posted by robertr1
    It's great that he released this even though it might have pissed some dev team guys off. They can save their exploit for after apple patches this one by changing the bootrom.
    Indeed. GeoHot is a god among jailbreakers for us 3GS owners.
    1Hz

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ImBakinBacon View Post
    So I updated to 4.1 perfectly, jailbroke with limera1n, and it's been working perfectly.

I used Aptbackup to backup and restore my Cydia packages, but after I restored, all of my installed apps have disappeared. They are still in my iPhone, but in iTunes the data is shown as "other" instead of in "Apps". Also, when I ssh into the phone, the apps are still in User apps folder. Is there anyway to get them back without restoring? I'd rather not lose my settings, savefiles, and others.
    If someone could help me with this, that'd be great.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

This is great news. SHAtter seems like it would have been a little more refined.. but kudos to geohot for getting a solution out there asap. Think im gonna finally update my 3GS to 4.1. Still sittin on 3.1.3.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ImBakinBacon View Post
    If someone could help me with this, that'd be great.
    All of your cydia installed apps, or itunes apps?
    Last edited by Eagleye; 2010-10-11 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone risingkazuya05's Avatar
    Thanks

For all of you who are using the iphone4 on unofficial carrier like Tmobile, don't even think of updating to 4.0.2 or 4.1 if you'll be using MiTime, Cydia wouldn't let you install it due to package dependencies that are 4.0.1 or below. I upgraded my 4.0.1 to 4.1 and it didn't work so I tried 4.0.2, still no luck. I'm now back on 4.0.1 used tinyumbrella to downgrade and preserve baseband and activated FaceTime with MiTime. Hope this helps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    All of your cydia installed apps, or itunes apps?
    My apps from iTunes. Very strange.

Edit: also when I go into poof (icon hider from Cydia) the apps still show up- so pretty much my phone can't recognize the apps, I think.
    Last edited by ImBakinBacon; 2010-10-11 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Additional info

Thanks

Followed steps...all of which worked perfectly except I now have a white linera1n logo even after restarting several times.

Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast