Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 920 of 1096

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Limera1n is Live!

  1. #901
    miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    D-town Tejas
    Posts
    490
    Thanks
    317
    Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    u are a d bag thief

    wheres the ban hammer?
    Judge Judy has it. But I'm not sure she's ready to enter the jailbreak scene...... Yet

  2. #902
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    u are a d bag thief

    wheres the ban hammer?
    I can honestly careless what you think of me! But I do want to thank you for making my hater count go up. So I'm gonna let you go back to work now!!

  3. #903
    guys.... i am having a problem with limera1n. my phone is new bootrom 3gs. i have installed ios4.1 and then jailbroke with limera1n. installed everything in cydia and installed some apps. then went to sleep at night. woke up, phone was fine, went to office. after reachign office i rebooted phone and the phone got stuck at while apple screen. and it was stuck for ever. i waited 30 mins but no result. rebooted with power plus home button. and same problem. so i restored 4.1 again and did everything again and after 4 hours same thing again. rebooted and it got stuck at apple screen. now i have restored again. any idea whats causing this?? cheers

  4. #904
    Quote Originally Posted by dying4004
    guys.... i am having a problem with limera1n. my phone is new bootrom 3gs. i have installed ios4.1 and then jailbroke with limera1n. installed everything in cydia and installed some apps. then went to sleep at night. woke up, phone was fine, went to office. after reachign office i rebooted phone and the phone got stuck at while apple screen. and it was stuck for ever. i waited 30 mins but no result. rebooted with power plus home button. and same problem. so i restored 4.1 again and did everything again and after 4 hours same thing again. rebooted and it got stuck at apple screen. now i have restored again. any idea whats causing this?? cheers
    Everytime you restored, did you do a clean restore/wipe your phone and not restore it from a backup? I'm using the same device as you and wiped my phone 2 times before even touching limera1n just to make sure everything went correct.

    Actually, I haven't rebooted my device since the jailbreak. I must try rebooting it now, making sure I'm not getting in the situation as you. Just a sec...

    EDIT: Didn't get stuck in the Apple logo, so everything is fine. Very odd considering your situation.
    Last edited by Zydiac; 2010-10-11 at 11:58 AM.
    1Hz

  5. #905
    iPhone? More like MyPhone slavipz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Varna, Bulgaria
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Works like a charm. Cydia appeared after one reboot and I was able to delete limera1n... thanks Geohot!

  6. #906
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    132
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    Lovely. I haven't figured out how to log in to Cydia so that I can grab all of the stuff I've paid and downloaded in Rock. I desperately need iBlacklist since my stalker still calls me.

    Anyone wanna point me into the right direction?

    Other than that, things are running smooth like exlax.

  7. #907
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    513
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 33 Times in 23 Posts

    Thats not exactly fair, how many people can honestly say that the only reason they jailbroke was for themes and apps off Cydia? I don't want to start an argument, but isn't it up to the owner what they do with their iphone?
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

    Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

    Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

  8. #908
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    48,875
    Thanks
    8,108
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Thats not exactly fair, how many people can honestly say that the only reason they jailbroke was for themes and apps off Cydia? I don't want to start an argument, but isn't it up to the owner what they do with their iphone?
    Do what you want with your own phone yes. But talk of piracy is against forum rules so dont post about it here.

    Oh, and I for one can definitely say I only jailbreak for apps from cydia, most of them are paid apps too which were worth every penny.

  9. #909
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    132
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Thats not exactly fair, how many people can honestly say that the only reason they jailbroke was for themes and apps off Cydia? I don't want to start an argument, but isn't it up to the owner what they do with their iphone?
    I'm confused. I thought the reason to jailbreak was to have the freedom to customize your phone?

    I don't want to jailbreak just to jailbreak.

    I pay for my apps as well.

  10. #910
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay316
    Thats not exactly fair, how many people can honestly say that the only reason they jailbroke was for themes and apps off Cydia? I don't want to start an argument, but isn't it up to the owner what they do with their iphone?
    I also bet that a big part of this community obtain their apps through piracy. And I actually feel for them; not everyone might have the option to pay for what they really need from the App Store or even Cydia.

    But rules are rules. You keep it to yourself whatever you do is here illegal.
    1Hz

  11. #911
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    111
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Xiavia View Post
    Lovely. I haven't figured out how to log in to Cydia so that I can grab all of the stuff I've paid and downloaded in Rock. I desperately need iBlacklist since my stalker still calls me.

    Anyone wanna point me into the right direction?

    Other than that, things are running smooth like exlax.
    theres no real log in for cydia. once u pay for a app if im not mistaken it links everything via your email. so if u buy any app even if its 99cents and its the same email u used on rock it links everything.

    thats a guess but i have never created a cydia log in and i tried to get my3g to download since someone said they got it working earlier on page 36. so i uninstalled 3g unrestrictor and pulled my3g and it automatically linked my account

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Thats not exactly fair, how many people can honestly say that the only reason they jailbroke was for themes and apps off Cydia? I don't want to start an argument, but isn't it up to the owner what they do with their iphone?
    i agree it should be up to the owner BUT....

    Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Do what you want with your own phone yes. But talk of piracy is against forum rules so dont post about it here.

    Oh, and I for one can definitely say I only jailbreak for apps from cydia, most of them are paid apps too which were worth every penny.
    like he says here, its against the rules HERE. there are other sites u can discuss those things.

    the problem is theres a lot of childish people that turn to name calling.

    theres a grown up way to do it.

    random user says something about cracked apps

    a mature user simply has to say "thats against the forum rules and u will get banned for discussing it. Google what u are looking for as there are many other sites for this"

    end of story. if u dont even wanna say the google part thats fine. simply say thats against the rules and keep it moving.


    i completely understand why people want to use cracked apps. i disagree with it but i get it. but there are apps out there ESPECIALLY in cydia that are ridiculously priced. $20 for an app? u gotta be kidding me. BUT thats my opinion.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RileyFreeman For This Useful Post:

    bettik (2010-10-11), Dave_Xiavia (2010-10-11)

  13. #912
    It's great that he released this even though it might have pissed some dev team guys off. They can save their exploit for after apple patches this one by changing the bootrom.

  14. #913
    Regards

    My iphone 3gs have baseband 5.14.02 , recently was jailbreak with limera1n but is locked , when is the release of the ultrasnow for baseband 5.14.02 ?


    thanks for your comments.

  15. #914
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    48,875
    Thanks
    8,108
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mauricio512 View Post
    Regards

    My iphone 3gs has baseband 5.14.02 , recently was jailbreak with limera1n but is locked , when is the release of the ultrasnow for baseband 5.14.02 ?


    thanks for your comments.
    It is being worked on, but is probably still months away.

  16. #915
    Quote Originally Posted by robertr1
    It's great that he released this even though it might have pissed some dev team guys off. They can save their exploit for after apple patches this one by changing the bootrom.
    Indeed. GeoHot is a god among jailbreakers for us 3GS owners.
    1Hz

  17. #916
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ImBakinBacon View Post
    So I updated to 4.1 perfectly, jailbroke with limera1n, and it's been working perfectly.

    I used Aptbackup to backup and restore my Cydia packages, but after I restored, all of my installed apps have disappeared. They are still in my iPhone, but in iTunes the data is shown as "other" instead of in "Apps". Also, when I ssh into the phone, the apps are still in User apps folder. Is there anyway to get them back without restoring? I'd rather not lose my settings, savefiles, and others.
    If someone could help me with this, that'd be great.

  18. #917
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    272
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 53 Times in 28 Posts

    This is great news. SHAtter seems like it would have been a little more refined.. but kudos to geohot for getting a solution out there asap. Think im gonna finally update my 3GS to 4.1. Still sittin on 3.1.3.. lol

    Quote Originally Posted by ImBakinBacon View Post
    If someone could help me with this, that'd be great.
    All of your cydia installed apps, or itunes apps?
    Last edited by Eagleye; 2010-10-11 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  19. #918
    iPhone? More like MyPhone risingkazuya05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    108
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts

    For all of you who are using the iphone4 on unofficial carrier like Tmobile, don't even think of updating to 4.0.2 or 4.1 if you'll be using MiTime, Cydia wouldn't let you install it due to package dependencies that are 4.0.1 or below. I upgraded my 4.0.1 to 4.1 and it didn't work so I tried 4.0.2, still no luck. I'm now back on 4.0.1 used tinyumbrella to downgrade and preserve baseband and activated FaceTime with MiTime. Hope this helps.

  20. #919
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    All of your cydia installed apps, or itunes apps?
    My apps from iTunes. Very strange.

    Edit: also when I go into poof (icon hider from Cydia) the apps still show up- so pretty much my phone can't recognize the apps, I think.
    Last edited by ImBakinBacon; 2010-10-11 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Additional info

  21. #920
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Northeast of USA
    Posts
    154
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Followed steps...all of which worked perfectly except I now have a white linera1n logo even after restarting several times.

Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •