Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Limera1n is Live!

Quote Originally Posted by Zydiac View Post
    You can always SSH yourself in and remove the actual .app file.
    Just download CyDelete!!! Easiest way!

True, but as I have not actually done this I don't want to give advice on something I'm not sure of what exactly to delete.

On a side note, does cydelete delete everything that SSH would? IMO, everyone should have cydelete, just makes it that much simpler with a smaller margin for error.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nobody has answered a question that was asked earlier...I'm on 4.01 is it even worth updating to 4.1? I don't give two shits about gamecenter so that's not a pro for upgrading. Anyone care to advise please?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skj8100 View Post
    Nobody has answered a question that was asked earlier...I'm on 4.01 is it even worth updating to 4.1? I don't give two shits about gamecenter so that's not a pro for upgrading. Anyone care to advise please?
    If you dont care about game center and hdr photos then there is not much point.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

skj8100 (2010-10-11)

Gives HDR on the camera and I think the proximity sensor fix. It's all user dependent on whether to upgrade or not. The way I see it is you get a free update that is jailbreakable, why not get it while it's out. Guess if your phone is themed out the wazoo you may want to wait, but it's all user preference.

Worked perfectly on 2 diff phones. Thanx geohot.

Were you having any proximity issues (accidentally hitting 'mute' etc. with your face while on a call)? If so, then yes. If not, probably not. That's the only reason I upgraded - got sick of it, to the point where I started using a different phone.
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    In past experience when doing a restore and backup, once the restore is done and the phone reboots, iTunes puts up a popup if you have a backup already under devices and asks if you want to create a new phone or backup from a previous phone...when I chose as a new phone it deleted any backups that were under "devices", so I would do the jailbreak last becaues you have to either select new phone or a backup before you can go any further.
    No one's answered my question yet, not sure if it's because people don't know but I'll post it again:

What if you made a copy of the backup file on your desktop so that after you jailbreak it you can put the backup file back in it's proper location to restore it again?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers6 View Post
    Nope, cydia already installed. Won't allow you to get rid of limera1n icon either. Hide it with SB Settings or download cydelete and get rid of it that way.
    If you use limera1n beta 4 you don't need to use cydelete, or worse, ssh into your phone, simply to delete it. Beta 4 comes with a delete option.

Quote Originally Posted by MikePA View Post
    If you use limera1n beta 4 you don't need to use cydelete, or worse, ssh into your phone, simply to delete it. Beta 4 comes with a delete option.
    This is true coming from a fresh restore and run of limera1n beta 4, we were talking writing over beta 2 limera1n with beta 4 limera1n without doing a restore and starting from scratch. when you overwrite the jailbreak it updates fixes but does not give you the option to download cydia or remove limera1n all the while keeping all of your current data intact.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers6 View Post
    Gives HDR on the camera and I think the proximity sensor fix. It's all user dependent on whether to upgrade or not. The way I see it is you get a free update that is jailbreakable, why not get it while it's out. Guess if your phone is themed out the wazoo you may want to wait, but it's all user preference.
    I don't have any proximity sensor issues or anything. It's not that it's themed out the wazoo but it is exactly how I like it and we all know even with backups of cydia apps (aptbackup, pkgbackup) and appbackup which backups your AppStore game saves, a full restore is gonna take the better part of a 1/2 to a full day to get everything back the way it should be. At least to get all my right crap back in order it does. It's like an art form getting your iPhone back just the way it needs to be after a new jailbreak/restore.
    Last edited by skj8100; 2010-10-11 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vegeto2k2222 View Post
    No one's answered my question yet, not sure if it's because people don't know but I'll post it again:

What if you made a copy of the backup file on your desktop so that after you jailbreak it you can put the backup file back in it's proper location to restore it again?
    Sorry about that man, it's hard to keep track of this thread lol. I wasn't aware you cuold make a copy of the backup file and put in your desktop, nor was I aware you could import a backup AFTER you've already done a restore (after the fact that is.) I thought everything had to be done up front and not later on. Just do it the way I told you to do it lol, it works fine...I did it earlier this evening after verifying with another member here...that's the way they did it too...restore, select iphone backup when prompted...it imports your backup then jailbreak after that.
    "Don't hold it like that!"

I don't have any proximity sensor issues or anything. It's not that it's themed out the wazoo but it is exactly how I like it and we all know even with backups of cydia apps (aptbackup, pkgbackup) and appbackup which backups your AppStore game saves, a full restore is gonna take the better part of a 1/2 to a full day to get everything back the way it should be. At least to get all my right crap back in order it does.
    If you don't need or want the features of 4.1 it is your call on whether to do it or not. The main thing is going to be how many current cydia apps you have now that are not yet compatible with 4.1. Luckily all the ones I have are compatible,bitesms was the only outlier until I read on hear about the 5.0 version, now I'm exactly where I was minus some of my photos, but that is user error and not fault of the jailbreak.

I'm an opportunist so updated once I read enough worked great posts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vegeto2k2222 View Post

You're just talking about copying the file then putting it back in the right spot afterwards right?
    I don't see why that wouldn't work. As long as the names match up it should be fine. I don't remember what folders the backups are in. You'll have to find that info if you don't know already.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoV View Post
    Were you having any proximity issues (accidentally hitting 'mute' etc. with your face while on a call)? If so, then yes. If not, probably not. That's the only reason I upgraded - got sick of it, to the point where I started using a different phone.
    There are still the Bluetooth issues to consider.

You also cannot FaceTime an email address (aka iPod Touch) unless you have 4.1. Important to you? Maybe, maybe not.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    There are still the Bluetooth issues to consider.
    I never had any of the Bluetooth or proximity sensor issues on my or my wifes iPhone 4's. In fact we never really had any issues with them at all including antennas.

Quote Originally Posted by goodluck4287 View Post
    You also cannot FaceTime an email address (aka iPod Touch) unless you have 4.1. Important to you? Maybe, maybe not.
    Fortunately or unfortunately the only time I've ever even used FaceTime is the day the iPhone 4 came out, got delivered to my door and my wife and I tried it once....
    Last edited by skj8100; 2010-10-11 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Is there an advantage to have 4.1 jailbroke now vs. waiting on 4.2 that could throw a kink into jailbreaking somehow. I guess with the exploit already there and confirmed, it would be just a matter of waiting on the newest jailbreak to be made. That's the only other reason I could think of aside from someone needing fixes of 4.1 vs having their phone exactly how they want it and not wanting to risk losing any of it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does anyone know how to fix this error message.?? I get this when I try to download apps from Cydia on my iPhone 3GS 4.1

"Http://apt.thebigboss.org
    Host unreachable"

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by G~Pimp View Post
    Does anyone know how to fix this error message.?? I get this when I try to download apps from Cydia on my iPhone 3GS 4.1

"Http://apt.thebigboss.org
    Host unreachable"
    The servers are swamped right now
    I cant even load cydia
    As Saurik said on cydia " Wait for tomorrow "

Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast