Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Limera1n is Live!

Ok, I posted awhile back out MMS not working after a beta1 limera1n JB. I got home and ran the beta 4 to see if it would work. I tried sending a simple picture to 3 people, 2 on AT&T 1 on VZW, VZW got it while AT&T did not..?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyrob2g View Post
    Geohot can give me the bird all he wants. I have had a jailbroken iPhone 4 on iOS 4.1 for 15 days and I didn't use lamera1n. Enjoy that buggy release.
    Please explain how is it buggy as my perfectly running iPhone 4 on 4.1 using Limerain is saying otherwise.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    In past experience when doing a restore and backup, once the restore is done and the phone reboots, iTunes puts up a popup if you have a backup already under devices and asks if you want to create a new phone or backup from a previous phone...when I chose as a new phone it deleted any backups that were under "devices", so I would do the jailbreak last becaues you have to either select new phone or a backup before you can go any further.
    What if you made a copy of the backup file on your desktop so that after you jailbreak it you can put the backup file back in it's proper location to restore it again?

Geohot can give me the bird all he wants. I have had a jailbroken iPhone 4 on iOS 4.1 for 15 days and I didn't use lamera1n. It tethered but I can live with that. Enjoy that buggy release.
    Why would you even want a tethered JB, good luck when your out somewhere without you computer and need to reboot!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

It will be unteathered when greenposion with shatter comes out. In the mean time good thing I always have my MBP.

Unless everyone jumped the gun because they were to excited I would wait a couple days. Personally I have a jb i4 from using jailbreakme.com. I checked the limera1n site to check for updates and they seemed to fix some of the issues but there are more to be fixed. If you try to jb with limera1n and something does go wrong dont freak out. As long as you have saved files on cydia with 4.0.2 or earlier you can always downgrade. And get off geos back. He released it early! Does it really matter. The jb community is all about having options and that goes for having more options then just one jb. Good luck. I could really care less about game center.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ctstiffler For This Useful Post:

walktovanish (2010-10-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibre View Post
    Wow about time someone spoke out and knows what the hell they are talking about!

Half the replies here are full of s^&t and the rest are not even worth the read.

I congratulate Geohot for doing what was evidently right and release a jailbreak for all ios and ver. of the iPhone.

And yes it may have pissed off a few dev guys but what are we all getting pissed off about ? Geohot saved the devs from making a stupid mistake is releasing a second exploit that Apple could patch and that it would only benifit people with iPhone4.

Another point is Geohot didn't steal anything he doesn't need too, and i'm glad he has broken out and working for himself.

With all the **** he's been getting i'm supprised he's even still helping out all of us with new exploits and jailbreaks.

If i was in Geohots shoes I'd be saying you ungratefull bunch and give you all the bird ^!^

Geohot Rules !!!!!!:
    I agree! I'm tired of people jumping to judgements based on one side of an issue, without studying the whole thing. Geohot is my hero, and if I could meet one "celebrity" in my life, I would choose him. When he left the community, it was because of those same people who are attempting to drive him away now. Maybe they should look back in the history of jailbreaking(specifically unlocking) to the very beginning, and then try to tell me Geohot is an egotistical thief. Ungrateful, when it comes down to it

In past experience when doing a restore and backup, once the restore is done and the phone reboots, iTunes puts up a popup if you have a backup already under devices and asks if you want to create a new phone or backup from a previous phone...when I chose as a new phone it deleted any backups that were under "devices", so I would do the jailbreak last becaues you have to either select new phone or a backup before you can go any further.
    What if you made a copy of the backup file on your desktop so that after you jailbreak it you can put the backup file back in it's proper location to restore it again?

It will be unteathered when greenposion with shatter comes out. In the mean time good thing I always have my MBP.
    Greenpois0n with SHAtter will not be out until after Limera1n and Greenpois0n with Limerain's exploit come out (assuming it does). Both will use Comex's untether trick and there is no guarantee that it will still be around for Greenpois0n with SHAtter. Don't count on it. Greenpois0n with SHAtter will likely be tethered unless they find a new way to do it after Apple fixes the Limera1n exploit and Comex's untether trick.

guys if I jailbroke on limera1n beta 2 n wanna redo it on beta 4 is that possible without restoring?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

To confirm, if i do Not want to unlock my phone, i can update to 4.1 with iTunes and then jailbreak with limera1n without having to worry about anything, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivel View Post
    guys if I jailbroke on limera1n beta 2 n wanna redo it on beta 4 is that possible without restoring?
    Yes, just redownload the newest Limera1n and run it on top of what you already have. I asked this earlier and can confirm it works. Still had everything I had before with no glitches

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steelers6 For This Useful Post:

Ivel (2010-10-11), MonkikiX (2010-10-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gldoorii View Post
    To confirm, if i do Not want to unlock my phone, i can update to 4.1 with iTunes and then jailbreak with limera1n without having to worry about anything, right?
    Thats right

Can't thank GeoHot enough for this release. Just updated my 3GS to 4.1, jailbroke succesfully with limera1n and installed Cydia. No bugs, no nothing, just plain perfection. Again.
    1Hz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Thats right
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers6 View Post
    Yes, just redownload the newest Limera1n and run it on top of what you already have. I asked this earlier and can confirm it works. Still had everything I had before with no glitches
    \Hey man will it make me reinstall cyda?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivel View Post
    Hey man will it make me reinstall cyda?
    Nope, cydia already installed. Won't allow you to get rid of limera1n icon either. Hide it with SB Settings or download cydelete and get rid of it that way.

dude ur the best thanks a million

Thanks

Man I haven't jailbroken since summer of 2008, the entire cydia thing is like overly packed...there is so much stuff and things work so differently now I'm overwhelming! Ugh I don't like how sbsettings has no icon, looks kinda ghetto/tacky having to swipe to get it to drop down in a menu...not like that at all. Now I'm remembering why I stopped jailbreaking lol.
    You can you activator to make sbsettings open any way you want. You are the first person I've ever heard like re old way compared to the ease and kittle memory usage of sbsettings. Just wait after you get used to it you'll like it better. Way more functionality to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers6
    Won't allow you to get rid of limera1n icon either.
    You can always SSH yourself in and remove the actual .app file.
    1Hz

Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast