Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 840 of 1096

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Limera1n is Live!

  1. #821
    Ok, I posted awhile back out MMS not working after a beta1 limera1n JB. I got home and ran the beta 4 to see if it would work. I tried sending a simple picture to 3 people, 2 on AT&T 1 on VZW, VZW got it while AT&T did not..?

  2. #822
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyrob2g View Post
    Geohot can give me the bird all he wants. I have had a jailbroken iPhone 4 on iOS 4.1 for 15 days and I didn't use lamera1n. Enjoy that buggy release.
    Please explain how is it buggy as my perfectly running iPhone 4 on 4.1 using Limerain is saying otherwise.

    I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

  3. #823
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    In past experience when doing a restore and backup, once the restore is done and the phone reboots, iTunes puts up a popup if you have a backup already under devices and asks if you want to create a new phone or backup from a previous phone...when I chose as a new phone it deleted any backups that were under "devices", so I would do the jailbreak last becaues you have to either select new phone or a backup before you can go any further.
    What if you made a copy of the backup file on your desktop so that after you jailbreak it you can put the backup file back in it's proper location to restore it again?

  4. #824
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyrob2g View Post
    Geohot can give me the bird all he wants. I have had a jailbroken iPhone 4 on iOS 4.1 for 15 days and I didn't use lamera1n. It tethered but I can live with that. Enjoy that buggy release.
    Why would you even want a tethered JB, good luck when your out somewhere without you computer and need to reboot!

  5. #825
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    605
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 145 Times in 75 Posts

    It will be unteathered when greenposion with shatter comes out. In the mean time good thing I always have my MBP.

  6. #826
    Unless everyone jumped the gun because they were to excited I would wait a couple days. Personally I have a jb i4 from using jailbreakme.com. I checked the limera1n site to check for updates and they seemed to fix some of the issues but there are more to be fixed. If you try to jb with limera1n and something does go wrong dont freak out. As long as you have saved files on cydia with 4.0.2 or earlier you can always downgrade. And get off geos back. He released it early! Does it really matter. The jb community is all about having options and that goes for having more options then just one jb. Good luck. I could really care less about game center.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to ctstiffler For This Useful Post:

    walktovanish (2010-10-11)

  8. #827
    What's Jailbreak? walktovanish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Inside your mind
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibre View Post
    Wow about time someone spoke out and knows what the hell they are talking about!

    Half the replies here are full of s^&t and the rest are not even worth the read.

    I congratulate Geohot for doing what was evidently right and release a jailbreak for all ios and ver. of the iPhone.

    And yes it may have pissed off a few dev guys but what are we all getting pissed off about ? Geohot saved the devs from making a stupid mistake is releasing a second exploit that Apple could patch and that it would only benifit people with iPhone4.

    Another point is Geohot didn't steal anything he doesn't need too, and i'm glad he has broken out and working for himself.

    With all the **** he's been getting i'm supprised he's even still helping out all of us with new exploits and jailbreaks.

    If i was in Geohots shoes I'd be saying you ungratefull bunch and give you all the bird ^!^

    Geohot Rules !!!!!!:
    I agree! I'm tired of people jumping to judgements based on one side of an issue, without studying the whole thing. Geohot is my hero, and if I could meet one "celebrity" in my life, I would choose him. When he left the community, it was because of those same people who are attempting to drive him away now. Maybe they should look back in the history of jailbreaking(specifically unlocking) to the very beginning, and then try to tell me Geohot is an egotistical thief. Ungrateful, when it comes down to it

  9. #828
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    In past experience when doing a restore and backup, once the restore is done and the phone reboots, iTunes puts up a popup if you have a backup already under devices and asks if you want to create a new phone or backup from a previous phone...when I chose as a new phone it deleted any backups that were under "devices", so I would do the jailbreak last becaues you have to either select new phone or a backup before you can go any further.
    What if you made a copy of the backup file on your desktop so that after you jailbreak it you can put the backup file back in it's proper location to restore it again?

  10. #829
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyrob2g View Post
    It will be unteathered when greenposion with shatter comes out. In the mean time good thing I always have my MBP.
    Greenpois0n with SHAtter will not be out until after Limera1n and Greenpois0n with Limerain's exploit come out (assuming it does). Both will use Comex's untether trick and there is no guarantee that it will still be around for Greenpois0n with SHAtter. Don't count on it. Greenpois0n with SHAtter will likely be tethered unless they find a new way to do it after Apple fixes the Limera1n exploit and Comex's untether trick.

  11. #830
    guys if I jailbroke on limera1n beta 2 n wanna redo it on beta 4 is that possible without restoring?

  12. #831
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    161
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 51 Times in 27 Posts

    To confirm, if i do Not want to unlock my phone, i can update to 4.1 with iTunes and then jailbreak with limera1n without having to worry about anything, right?

  13. #832
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivel View Post
    guys if I jailbroke on limera1n beta 2 n wanna redo it on beta 4 is that possible without restoring?
    Yes, just redownload the newest Limera1n and run it on top of what you already have. I asked this earlier and can confirm it works. Still had everything I had before with no glitches

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steelers6 For This Useful Post:

    Ivel (2010-10-11), MonkikiX (2010-10-11)

  15. #833
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    48,875
    Thanks
    8,108
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gldoorii View Post
    To confirm, if i do Not want to unlock my phone, i can update to 4.1 with iTunes and then jailbreak with limera1n without having to worry about anything, right?
    Thats right

  16. #834
    Can't thank GeoHot enough for this release. Just updated my 3GS to 4.1, jailbroke succesfully with limera1n and installed Cydia. No bugs, no nothing, just plain perfection. Again.
    1Hz

  17. #835
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    161
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 51 Times in 27 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Thats right
    Thanks

  18. #836
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelers6 View Post
    Yes, just redownload the newest Limera1n and run it on top of what you already have. I asked this earlier and can confirm it works. Still had everything I had before with no glitches
    \Hey man will it make me reinstall cyda?

  19. #837
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivel View Post
    Hey man will it make me reinstall cyda?
    Nope, cydia already installed. Won't allow you to get rid of limera1n icon either. Hide it with SB Settings or download cydelete and get rid of it that way.

  20. #838
    dude ur the best thanks a million

  21. #839
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    Man I haven't jailbroken since summer of 2008, the entire cydia thing is like overly packed...there is so much stuff and things work so differently now I'm overwhelming! Ugh I don't like how sbsettings has no icon, looks kinda ghetto/tacky having to swipe to get it to drop down in a menu...not like that at all. Now I'm remembering why I stopped jailbreaking lol.
    You can you activator to make sbsettings open any way you want. You are the first person I've ever heard like re old way compared to the ease and kittle memory usage of sbsettings. Just wait after you get used to it you'll like it better. Way more functionality to say the least.

  22. #840
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelers6
    Won't allow you to get rid of limera1n icon either.
    You can always SSH yourself in and remove the actual .app file.
    1Hz

Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •