Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Limera1n is Live!

Quote Originally Posted by BboyAirrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ViiOLENT.HD// View Post
    GUYS CHILL!
    From one standpoint what George did was smart, he made the dev team save a better and less known exploit for later devices. But on the other hand he TOTALLY f***** with everyone. IDK what to make of it but it was good and bad. Dont trash on him because at least for now this is what it is.
    Less known? SHAtter isnt a less known exploit
    He's saying that APPLE doesn't know how to fix SHAtter because the details aren't known. Apple has already fixed Geohot's exploit in the 4.2 iBoot and, no doubt, has already fixed it in an upcomming bootrom (iBoot and bootrom always share that part of the code).

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Well exactly what does everyone's post count in this thread have to do with their attitude towards Geohot? Not even the top poster was saying anything negative about GeoHot. I read through his posts and as far as i'm concerned he seemed to be doing nothing except try to shed some light on this debate and explain things in greater detail. Did I miss something?
    you are not getting it. the list is copied and pasted. as i just said I am not going through who did and didnt. there are tons of posts of people going at geohot like he beat their little sister. the comment is directed at all of those people. the list is AUTOMATICALLY generated in order of posts. and the second top poster is one of a few that has been consistently bashing geohot and anyone who even remotely sides with geohot he says "i hope you brick your phone"

what kind of juvenile wishes that on people?

In summary: Geohot came out of nowhere and stole their thunder with a better exploit. Also beat them with limera1n. Thus he's awesome.

God it's so good to have MyWi and My3G again.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

mortopher (2010-10-12)

Trying to jailbreak my ipad 3.2.2 with Beta 4 and all i end up with is the restore screen after limera1n claims its completed jailbreak. Downloading the restore file and then will try after restore...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RileyFreeman View Post
    you are not getting it. the list is copied and pasted. as i just said I am not going through who did and didnt. there are tons of posts of people going at geohot like he beat their little sister. the comment is directed at all of those people. the list is AUTOMATICALLY generated in order of posts. and the second top poster is one of a few that has been consistently bashing geohot and anyone who even remotely sides with geohot he says "i hope you brick your phone"

what kind of juvenile wishes that on people?
    Well if it was me I would have deleted the names of those who the comment isn't directed at since you know the few people who ARE being pricks.

And I certainly hope I don't brick my phone in this jailbreak because i'm fixing to do it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Is there even such a thing as BRICK i am pretty sure you can always put your phone in DFU mode and restore...i have scared myself a few times in the past with jailbreaks or installed somthing and got it stuck on the apple logo...but i have always recovered from it and was able to restore...so i think the term BRICK is over used for sure.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vantheman169 For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (2010-10-11), skj8100 (2010-10-11)

Thanks

Well if it was me I would have deleted the names of those who the comment isn't directed at since you know the few people who ARE being pricks.

And I certainly hope I don't brick my phone in this jailbreak because i'm fixing to do it.
    but again that would involve me going through 700+ posts. no one in their right mind would do that.

i hope u dont either. i wouldnt wish that on anyone. especially if its not something that personally affected me.

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    Is there even such a thing as BRICK i am pretty sure you can always put your phone in DFU mode and restore...i have scared myself a few times in the past with jailbreaks or installed somthing and got it stuck on the apple logo...but i have always recovered from it and was able to restore...so i think the term BRICK is over used for sure.
    oops i clicked thanks instead of quote. well u got a free thanks lol.

yes its possible to brick your iphone and require a replacement.
    Last edited by RileyFreeman; 2010-10-11 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

i think its an over used term still...
    Last edited by vantheman169; 2010-10-11 at 12:46 AM.

Guys, quit the bickering! Im sick of going through these threads and deleting half of the posts because theyre absolute nonsense. If this stuff keeps up, infractions WILL be given. As happy as I am to see people giving support in this thread, im equally as appalled to see people arguing over NOTHING...
    Last edited by ajl917; 2010-10-11 at 12:45 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ajl917 For This Useful Post:

lighter (2010-10-11)

So it looks like Cydia is down... GG.. I gues that means people are using the Limera1n..

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers6 View Post
    Just curious of the bitesms, are you using the beta version? If not add this repo to cydia http://www.bitesms.com/cydia/beta5.0 then search bitesms and it should say 5.0 within the description. Use that one until it's officially released.
    Thats the version i'm using on 4.1 and it keeps closing as soon as you open it. You can still use the quick reply feature though, its just the app itself won't open.

Only problem i've had since jailbreaking using limera1n other than some cydia app's not working is all my pictures in my photo album are black. I can click on them and it will show but the thumbnails are all black. Anyone know what to do?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KuRuPtIoN View Post
    Thats the version i'm using on 4.1 and it keeps closing as soon as you open it. You can still use the quick reply feature though, its just the app itself won't open.

Only problem i've had since jailbreaking using limera1n other than some cydia app's not working is all my pictures in my photo album are black. I can click on them and it will show but the thumbnails are all black. Anyone know what to do?

after u added the bitesms repo did u do the upgrade to bitesms? cuz it worked great for me

16. The Following User Says Thank You to RileyFreeman For This Useful Post:

KuRuPtIoN (2010-10-11)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

yes its possible to brick your iphone and require a replacement.
    How?

The only time I thought I bricked my old 3G iphone I was able to put it in recovery mode.....something I didn't know how to do at the time. I performed the steps while it was connected to my computer and it jumped straight to the "connect to itunes" logo...Something that I couldn't get it to do without it being connected because it was always stuck in the Apple logo loop.

I was freaking out for a while.

after u added the bitesms repo did u do the upgrade to bitesms? cuz it worked great for me
    I didnt see the upgrade before, it does work now. Thanks!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Zydiac For This Useful Post:

G~Pimp (2010-10-11)

I have an Invalid SIM when i jailbroke my iphone 4 on 4.1 using limera1n. how do i get my iphone unlocked for T-mobil?????

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anyone else get Error 504: Bad Gateway on the Cydia home page? Not really a problem since all the other features work, just the home screen doesn't work for me sometimes.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mstnico View Post
    I have an Invalid SIM when i jailbroke my iphone 4 on 4.1 using limera1n. how do i get my iphone unlocked for T-mobil?????
    What baseband are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by Funked View Post
    Does anyone else get Error 504: Bad Gateway on the Cydia home page? Not really a problem since all the other features work, just the home screen doesn't work for me sometimes.
    I'm getting this, and the "Loading Changes" takes forever

Thanks

How?

The only time I thought I bricked my old 3G iphone I was able to put it in recovery mode.....something I didn't know how to do at the time. I performed the steps while it was connected to my computer and it jumped straight to the "connect to itunes" logo...Something that I couldn't get it to do without it being connected because it was always stuck in the Apple logo loop.

I was freaking out for a while.

theres been quite a few people that have done it. never happened to me personally though

Quote Originally Posted by Zydiac View Post

Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast