Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Limera1n is Live!

Quote Originally Posted by Browning151
    You make good points, but geez, ease up on swinging from Geo's nuts so hard. What he did seems like a ****** move, but in the end is better for us all by preserving other exploits for future JB.
    I'm not swinging from anyone's nuts here, I'm just making it clear that GeoHot doesn't deserve the false accusations of 12 year olds.
    1Hz

Quote Originally Posted by ZubZ View Post
    "The method driver /usr/lib/apt/methods/Https could not be found"

What does this mean? Happens when i start up cydia or try to add a repo. I was able to add Steffiz and All sources + install SBSettings without a problem. Now this is happening and i also get Bad Gateway when cydia loads (probably bcuz of overload). but the first thing is what i dont get. any help?
    Cydia is just overloaded now, thats why your getting both errors. Just wait

How come modmyi has all these jailbreak articles for every device but they all say "page not found". Are you guys gonna come correct or what?
    64 GB iPhone 4S on 5.1.1 Jailbroken & Unlocked
    64 GB iPad 3 on 5.1.1 Jailbroken

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    No it is just down right now. Give it time.
    shoulda known, thanks for the reply.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

wow... this thread... is gonna get cut hard when the mods see all these ridiculous posts... including some of mine i would say....

Haha...

Curious if it's best to do a clean install (meaning whipe the phone, reload the os, etc) what order would I want to do it in?

Wipe phone
    reload os
    import my backup with itunes
    then jailbreak?

Thanks.
    "Don't hold it like that!"

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yeah I backed up... wiped... restored... jailbroke...

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    Haha...

Curious if it's best to do a clean install (meaning whipe the phone, reload the os, etc) what order would I want to do it in?

Wipe phone
    reload os
    import my backup with itunes
    then jailbreak?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lighter View Post
    Yeah I backed up... wiped... restored... jailbroke...
    K thanks man. One thing I've been meaning to ask, when the phone does it's backup whenever it syncs with iTunes, does any jailbreak stuff get saved in that backup as well or just legit stuff? Was always curious about that.
    "Don't hold it like that!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Hey genius....My posts were legitimate questions about this jailbreak vs the Greenpois0n jailbreak. 5 posts in a thread with over 50 pages and almost 800 posts is nothing.

Maybe you should do a little more research before implying that people with multiple posts in a thread are simply bashing.
    really? a general comment to people that keep b*tching about geohot like he did something to them personally and members with posts in the 20s and you felt it was directed at YOU?

sounds like an egotistical attention whore if u ask me lol

Quote Originally Posted by wirehedd View Post
    Wow. This is worse than listening to people argue about politics.

I have to admit that I can understand geohot releasing his exploit first if it's less effective than SHAtter but can be patched (if I am correct in that understanding) and that saving the dev team's SHAtter exploit for later as it will allow a far greater number of idevices to be jb'd. This is a good thing from that perspective.

This screaming about whether geohot stole this from comex, it's buggy, doesn't support this or that idevice are all valid gripes (if they are actualy factually accurate) but guess what folks? It doesn't matter. None of it. Eventually, we are all going to need a newer jb, a newer unlock and we are all going to ba right back at square one again. None of this is personal as far as I'm concerned and if it's progression is moving the community forward I'm for it.

We all need to sit back, burn a fatty (crack a brew, whatever) and relax and take a deep breath and look forward and stop pointing fingers and try to understand that as a community we all have to take part, make a contribution and be grateful for what the devs do for all of us for free.

I'm not using limera1n yet and I won't be using gp whan it comes out because I'm going to sit here with my ip4 at 4.01 (jb of course) and wait until I can see that something is stable, working and people are getting behind it without all the screeching and backbiting.

In a hundred years who's going to give a ****? Nobody. We need to be more a community as opposed to a bunch of inmates. Know what I mean?

Simple right?
    Amen!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

Just to update you guys. I made it ra1n on my iPhone 4, running 4.1. Still no problems at all. The /only/ problems I have are that some Cydia apps haven't been updated to work with 4.1. Such as biteSMS, RemoveBackground, and a few others. No problems with SBSettings. MobileTerminal BETA works perfect. QuickReply for SMS is a bit buggy, but that was to be expected.

All in all, I'm glad I used limera1n. I was going to wait foe Greenpois0n, but I'm more than happy with limera1n at the minute

One confusing thing is how themes work now, at least HD ones for iPhone 4. To add an icon, you have to make a bundle pack and put it in the right directory. Kinda confusing, but I've got Back'UPS Darkness HD running, it's awesome!

Considering everything that has happened, I'm glad GeoHot released limera1n so that SHAtter can be saved. It was defo the best option no matter how you look at it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nips_19 View Post
    How sad are you that you've been counting post

You might as well log out now!
    another intelligent fellow thats never used a forum

click there and it all magically pops up for you.

have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by Funked View Post
    Just to update you guys. I made it ra1n on my iPhone 4, running 4.1. Still no problems at all. The /only/ problems I have are that some Cydia apps haven't been updated to work with 4.1. Such as biteSMS, RemoveBackground, and a few others. No problems with SBSettings. MobileTerminal BETA works perfect. QuickReply for SMS is a bit buggy, but that was to be expected.

All in all, I'm glad I used limera1n. I was going to wait foe Greenpois0n, but I'm more than happy with limera1n at the minute

One confusing thing is how themes work now, at least HD ones for iPhone 4. To add an icon, you have to make a bundle pack and put it in the right directory. Kinda confusing, but I've got Back'UPS Darkness HD running, it's awesome!

Considering everything that has happened, I'm glad GeoHot released limera1n so that SHAtter can be saved. It was defo the best option no matter how you look at it.
    Release 5.0 (beta 9) out now.. - biteSMS
    Last edited by RileyFreeman; 2010-10-11 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RileyFreeman View Post
    really? a general comment to people that keep b*tching about geohot like he did something to them personally and members with posts in the 20s and you felt it was directed at YOU?

sounds like an egotistical attention whore if u ask me lol
    If it's directed at certain people then only post THOSE PEOPLE in your post......not everyone else including myself.....otherwise they just might think you're directing your comment at all of those people in your list.

Makes logical sense to me, but then again i'm just an "egotistical attention whore" right....when YOU'RE the one taking the time to post up your comment and include irrelevant people in it.

Did you even read through every one of their posts. Maybe the majority of them are trying to explain exactly what is going on with the whole GeoHot vs Dev team situation. Maybe they're trying to explain limera1n vs Greenpois0n in general. I don't know because i'm not reading through 52+ pages of posts.
    Last edited by RICO_; 2010-10-11 at 12:18 AM.

another intelligent fellow thats never used a forum

click there and it all magically pops up for you.

have a nice day!

Release 5.0 (beta 9) out now.. - biteSMS
    Jog on lad, your being a **** for no reason with you 54 posts
    Last edited by Nips_19; 2010-10-11 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Funked View Post

Just curious of the bitesms, are you using the beta version? If not add this repo to cydia http://www.bitesms.com/cydia/beta5.0 then search bitesms and it should say 5.0 within the description. Use that one until it's officially released.

says this every time i try to install anything on cydia...

iPhone? More like MyPhone frail1's Avatar
    Thanks

jailbroke my ipad, installed cydia, can't do anything with cydia. if i try and update i get "error: running. couldn't configure pre-depend dpkg for ncurses, probably a dpendency cycle."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    If it's directed at certain people then only post THOSE PEOPLE in your post......not everyone else including myself.....otherwise they just might think you're directing your comment at all of those people in your list.

Makes logical sense to me, but then again i'm just an "egotistical attention whore" right....when YOU'RE the one taking the time to post up your comment and include irrelevant people in it. :

Did you even read through every one of their posts. Maybe the majority of them are trying to explain exactly what is going on with the whole GeoHot vs Dev team situation. Maybe they're trying to explain limera1n vs Greenpois0n in general. I don't know because i'm not reading through 52+ pages of posts.
    re-read general comment. do u really think im going to sit here and go through who said somethng about geohot and who didnt in a htread that has well over 700 posts? no i have a life sir. i simply copied and pasted.

the comment was directed at people arguing and commenting on geohot like he stole something from them personally. if u didnt say anything about geohot, then why would u feel it was directed at you?

Thanks

This forum needs to be for 18+ only.........

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

re-read general comment. do u really think im going to sit here and go through who said somethng about geohot and who didnt in a htread that has well over 700 posts? no i have a life sir. i simply copied and pasted.

the comment was directed at people arguing and commenting on geohot like he stole something from them personally. if u didnt say anything about geohot, then why would u feel it was directed at you?
    Well exactly what does everyone's post count in this thread have to do with their attitude towards Geohot? Not even the top poster was saying anything negative about GeoHot. In fact he was defending him on some of his posts. I read through his posts and as far as i'm concerned he seemed to be doing nothing except try to shed some light on this debate and explain things in greater detail. Did I miss something?
    Last edited by RICO_; 2010-10-11 at 12:27 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to RICO_ For This Useful Post:

CZroe (2010-10-11)

Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast