Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Limera1n is Live!

Quote Originally Posted by trent_behunin
    By releasing his stupid bug infested Limera1n he has put off the release a what I'm sure is a much more stable jailbreak.
    ...and the only ones who would benefit from greenpois0n are the A4 iDevice owners. Well, everything that isn't A4 is shitty and buggy, right?

You are one of the victims of Chronic's brainwash making GeoHot look like a stealer and an asshat. How sad. GeoHot never did that such a thing; p0sixninja is pissed just because his ego got crushed.

You GeoHot-bashers are constantly contradicting yourselves with your statements, so get your immature and conservative iPhone 4 -*** out of this thread. GeoHot did the right thing by delaying that greenvan1ty out of the way.
    1Hz

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zydiac For This Useful Post:

shirwan72 (2010-10-11)

Is it now safe to jailbreak the 3GS?

Greenpoison won't support 3GS will it?

Quote Originally Posted by spookster
    Greenpoison won't support 3GS will it?
    If they are implementing GeoHot's exploit, I bet it will.
    1Hz

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

it did not work first on my Laptop (Sony Vaio core 2 duo) running Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit... I did it on my mini-pc with windows 7 home basic 32bit and worked like a charm

iPhone? More like MyPhone brbortscheller's Avatar
    Thanks

The reason I like GeoHot is because he doesn't sit there and say this jailbreak is going to be the greatest and make us all wait forever, he just does it quietly so people don't get bothered. so SUCK CHRONIC DEV TEAM! :-)
    Last edited by ajl917; 2010-10-11 at 12:37 AM.

[quote=joe97;5503199]
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseltruckrocks View Post
    does limera1n work on 3gs 3.1.2, firm 5.11.07, phone already jb but tethered. Will this untether the phone if installed?

Well someone said it works BUT I tried three times and everytime it said finished and untethered. BUT would not restart without running Blackra1n.

So does anyone have the new boot on 3GS 3.1.2 & firmware 5.11.07 working untethered ?[/QUOTE

Read the 3rd (third) line on the limera1n download page. If it says what it says, it's probably true.
    OK the third line says -- 4.0-4.1 and beyond+++
    I would rather not up grade and be locked off tmobile network. If I upgrade will I be unlocked and be able to use tmobile network???

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

[quote=dieseltruckrocks;5503429]
    Quote Originally Posted by joe97 View Post

I would rather not up grade and be locked off tmobile network. If I upgrade will I be unlocked and be able to use tmobile network???
    Do not upgrade if you have a 3GS, you will lose your unlock. Wait for an updated pwnage tool that preserves baseband.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

dieseltruckrocks (2010-10-10)

Quote Originally Posted by brbortscheller
    The reason I like GeoHot is because he doesn't sit there and say this jailbreak is going to be the greatest and make us all wait forever, he just does it quietly so people don't get bothered. so SUCK CHRONIC DEV TEAM! :-)
    Indeed. The only thing Chronic did all the hyping for greenpois0n was the greed for attention, to make sure that every single one would use THEIR jailbreak.

This was revealed when GeoHot dropped a bomb on them, crushing their goals of being the first to jailbreak the 4.1 A4. They automatically bashed it to the wastes of oblivion for being "buggy, stolen, unsportsmanlike" blah blah blah.

Baseless lies. All of them.
    Last edited by ajl917; 2010-10-11 at 12:37 AM.
    1Hz

Thanks X98car. Thats exactly what I thought and read at Cydia. I don't want to lose my tombile account. I can live without 3G.

Where are people coming up with all these "limera1n is buggy" posts? I can honestly say that this is the first time I have only had to restore my phone one time, the initial update, during a jailbreak. In times past I would say it was more of me downloading unsupported jb apps for the new ios, but I've learned to be patient when downloading them now.

All in all I would say this is probably one of the smoothest, save jailbreakme.com, jailbreaks I have done yet. It's plus or minus 24 hours from it's initial release and has already been updated 3 additional times to resolve minor issues and fix the 3GS compatibility. Normally there would be 3-4 pages complaining about progress on the updated version coming out.

I'd be willing to bet at least half of the people complaining about the who's and the why's of this release have already jailbroken with Limera1n.

Start a new thread for the complaining and leave this one to people willing to use what is available and works. Some people actually don't know as much as a lot of the users on this forum and need legitimate help, not sifting through the blame games and bickering associated with it. And yes, I realize this post is borderline bickering but it will be my only one on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zydiac View Post
    If they are implementing GeoHot's exploit, I bet it will.

Yeah, of course, daft thing to ask.

I guess, would it be worth me just waiting for 4.2 then? Not much difference from 4.0.1 to 4.1?

I'm glad geohot released since I'm on a 3gs, so greenp0ison wouldn't have worked.

I am waiting for a more stable limera1n though.

Thanks

Anyone got this to work on a 3G?

Right it says "in DFU mode...wait"

I have been waiting for 10mins now.

Amazing, this guy is still kicking everyone *** even though he's retired. Just goes to show, u cant hate on the man who started the JB to being with.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

LOL.... ahh i would have stopped after 30 seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by iN2K View Post

Thanks

Yea I know...and this is my third time in DFU mode lol

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by l0k0 View Post
    u cant hate on the man who started the JB to being with.

Doesn't support 3G, use Redsnow 0.9.6

[QUOTE=dieseltruckrocks;5503429]
    Quote Originally Posted by joe97 View Post

@MuscleNerd says to wait for updated PwnageTool, some are having success using tinyumbrella /see pg 48 of this thread- I'm inclined to wait--

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

iPhone 3G or iPod touch 3G?

It does not work on iPhone 3G, if you read the limera1n site you would know this.

Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast