Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Limera1n is Live!

Quote Originally Posted by goodluck4287 View Post
    I have a Mac with BootCamp and x64 Win7 Pro and an iPhone 4 at 4.0.1 with 01.59.00 unlocked using jailbreakme.

Who trusts this guide for updating to 4.1 without upgrading the baseband? iClarified - iPhone - How to Update Your iPhone 4 Without Upgrading the Baseband (Mac) has anyone tried it with success or failure. I'm leaning towards just waiting for PwnageTool but I've bee jb'ing and TMo'ing since back in the day and my eagerness usually trumps my resistance.

I'm a little concerned that I haven't really seen it on MMi and only on iClarified. Anyone with AT&T or an extra iPhone 4 ;-) who would be so kind as to test it with Limera1n and Ultrasn0w?
    Just used the guide and it worked fine but I had to use Recboot to kick out of recovery since Tinyumbrella did not do it. After that all went good and it did not upgrade the baseband.

Quote Originally Posted by jcrod73 View Post
    Oh Jeez are you for real?? If you wanna be anal like that...

MAC/Mac = macaroni and cheese
    Actually, that would be mac and cheese=mac and cheese. No one says 'mac' for 'mac and cheese'. That's a dish and not a type of pasta.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

So I still don't get it. If Greenpois0n jailbreak is being delayed so the dev team can implement Geohot's exploit into their jailbreak, then what is the point of even waiting for Greenpois0n? What will it offer that limera1n won't already have??

Is limera1n just a test version of Greenpois0n??

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h2a View Post
    For the love of god can everyone stop writing MAC? jfc people. It's Mac. Short for Macintosh. A type of apple.

MAC = media access control. Not a type of computer.
    the thing is though, when one says MAC, you know that they are talking about an Apple computer.

Anyway, jbing my phone now!

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Limera1n is a halfassed jailbreak that was release solely to make geohots exploit public before chronoc's.

Greenpoison will be better tested, less buggy, and most likely will support Mac and perhaps Linux too.

Quote Originally Posted by goodluck4287 View Post
    I have a Mac with BootCamp and x64 Win7 Pro and an iPhone 4 at 4.0.1 with 01.59.00 unlocked using jailbreakme.

Who trusts this guide for updating to 4.1 without upgrading the baseband? iClarified - iPhone - How to Update Your iPhone 4 Without Upgrading the Baseband (Mac) has anyone tried it with success or failure. I'm leaning towards just waiting for PwnageTool but I've bee jb'ing and TMo'ing since back in the day and my eagerness usually trumps my resistance.

I'm a little concerned that I haven't really seen it on MMi and only on iClarified. Anyone with AT&T or an extra iPhone 4 ;-) who would be so kind as to test it with Limera1n and Ultrasn0w?
    I have MPP Snow Leopard with Parallels Win7. I installed iTunes on Win7 then ran Limera1n, but I was on 4.0.1 so it didnt work. I then tried to restore and upgrade to 4.1 thru iTunes , it looked like it went thru but got and error and got stuck in DFU mode and couldnt get out. I then used Tiny umbrella to kick out which worked. I then looked at iPhone 4 and it showed Version 4.1 (8B117) and Modem Firmware 01.59.00. I then went back to Win7 ran Limera1n again and it worked fine, installed Cydia and so far everything good. I dont know why it left me at 1.59.

It may not be much help but thought I would share my experience and outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_
    So I still don't get it. If Greenpois0n jailbreak is being delayed so the dev team can implement Geohot's exploit into their jailbreak, then what is the point of even waiting for Greenpois0n? What will it offer that limera1n won't already have??

Is limera1n just a test version of Greenpois0n??
    limera1n and greenpois0n have technically nothing in common, since greenpois0n is based on the A4 hole. limera1n will allegedly break all devices, greenpois0n will only break devices loaded with the A4 chip.

Of course, greenpois0n will most likely be more stable than limera1n.

GeoHot pretty much pointed his finger in the right direction, saving two holes from being patched.
    Last edited by Zydiac; 2010-10-10 at 10:30 PM.
    1Hz

Ugh...my mms is not working now after the jb, wtf?
    "Don't hold it like that!"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelers6 View Post
    Open iTunes, then run Limera1n. iTunes has to be opened in the background.
    Thanks! This did the trick!! Been trying off and on since yesterday when Geo released it! Never would've thunk it! Appreciate it!

Just JB my iPhone 4 and unlocked it too (preserved baseband using tinyumbrella).

Worked like a charm

Me too!! Having issues with "purchased" items. Saurik's servers are currently bogged down..Alot of 504 errors..due to lotsa JB's and everyone is updating and re-installing thier apps..give it some time..

Im really pissed off at saurik right now for taking forever to put rock's backups into cydia. I wish I had rockapp right now ):

Default GeoHotz is a ******!!!
    GeoHotz is ***!! simply put. By releasing his stupid bug infested Limera1n he has put off the release a what I'm sure is a much more stable jailbreak. I personally have never liked his work it always has bugs and never works as good as dev team products. I was so happy when he "announced his retirement" and now here he comes like Brett Favre just starving for attention. What a Jerk!!

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    he better be the first for 4.2 then.
    Doubt it, too much chronic in his system to catch up with GEO.

a more stable and well done jailbeak , as Geohot is a underchild in computer but he isn't well known for stability in his hacks/apps

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    Im really pissed off at saurik right now for taking forever to put rock's backups into cydia. I wish I had rockapp right now ):
    I agree, the backup was nice, much better GUI.. and also ran in landscape

works great on all my ipads, iphone4 very nice.

I can't restore my iPhone 4 iOS 4.02 to iOS 4.1. I had iTunes 9.21 and I downloaded 10.01 and installed that one without uninstalling old one. I keep getting error 3014 in iTunes when I try to upgrade to 4.1 by restore. I have 4.1 on my PC
    Any solutions?
    Please help...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default I say good thing he did!
    Folks,

Whats the point to arguing if what he did was right or wrong... it doesn't change a thing...

Look at it this way...

1. You got a JB
    2. You have a future JB
    3. Dev would not waste a second exploit just to get back at Geo they've held on to this one for so long trying prefect it and keep it away from Apple what makes you guys think they will let it out in the wild for no good reason?

Anyhow... what geo did .. is it right or wrong... who cares.. all you when is the JB coming out.. or you owe us we donated...blah blah you got your JB..

All you.. I am going to wait for the JB to come out from the dev... why??? its out go get it..

All you ... linera1n broken my iphone... no limera1n did not break it... you did... .. you did when you took the chance using a program that modifies your dev... these programs don't come with a promise.. it comes with a use at your own risk.. and i am not responsible for what happens...

I don't understand how ppl complain when it comes out... and then the same ppl complain when is not coming out and flame that someone owes them something... remember something you donated.. its your free will... the developer of the app didn't ask... and just because you did... he doesn't owe you anything...

if you donate money to a homeless person or a poor kid.. are they going to give you something in return???

Anyhow... the jb is out and face it... at one point or another every has kissed geo's ***.. or called him a god... and i have seen it since day one... the released it.. for his sake or for your sake.. its out... so enjoy..

Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast