Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Limera1n is Live!

I've tried to jailbreak my iPhone 4 4.1 with Limera1n 4 times today and it won't jailbreak my phone! I follow the instructions in the box during the process but I never see the rain icon pop up on my screen during the jailbreak, all I keep seeing is itunes with the cable popping up on the screen or the Apple logo...then I get the "your device is now jailbroken" window blah blah blah.

Not sure why this is not working. Any ideas? I've tried all my USB ports on my notebook, not sure what else to try.
    "Don't hold it like that!"

Zplit -- your wifes phone is a 3GS running 3.1.2 and 5.11.07 ?? with the new boot. I have always been tethered, were you. If yes are you now untethered after running Limera1n ? Tried three times and does not work unless I run blackra1n for restart.

Quote Originally Posted by gsmumbo View Post
    PEOPLE. The jailbreak is released. This isn't Edward vs. Jacob here. Limera1n is out. Enjoy it if you can, wait for a fix if you can't(3Gs new bootrom). Do you honestly think that your opinion of Chronic or Geo is going to change anything? There are a lot better things to fight over in this world than something that you personally have nothing to do with(who stole what, who used what exploit, etc) and that you have absolutely no control over. Let Chronic and Geo duke it out. This isn't your fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoYouLikeLuxury? View Post
    I like this guy.
    lol! Me, too, Luxury. I'm finishing reading this thread because I couldn't stay up any longer reading it last night and still laughing at some of the comments of assumed-to-be adults.
    gsmumbo's comment sums it all up nicely.

[QUOTE=dieseltruckrocks;5503173]does limera1n work on 3gs 3.1.2, firm 5.11.07, phone already jb but tethered. Will this untether the phone if installed?

Well someone said it works BUT I tried three times and everytime it said finished and untethered. BUT would not restart without running Blackra1n.

So does anyone have the new boot on 3GS 3.1.2 & firmware 5.11.07 working untethered ?[/QUOTE

Read the 3rd (third) line on the limera1n download page. If it says what it says, it's probably true.
    Last edited by joe97; 2010-10-10 at 10:04 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by callmetj View Post
    where did you get 5.0 beta and how to install it
    Release 5.0 (beta 9) out now.. - biteSMS

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    I've tried to jailbreak my iPhone 4 4.1 with Limera1n 4 times today and it won't jailbreak my phone! I follow the instructions in the box during the process but I never see the rain icon pop up on my screen during the jailbreak, all I keep seeing is itunes with the cable popping up on the screen or the Apple logo...then I get the "your device is now jailbroken" window blah blah blah.

Not sure why this is not working. Any ideas? I've tried all my USB ports on my notebook, not sure what else to try.

Open iTunes, then run Limera1n. iTunes has to be opened in the background.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Steelers6 For This Useful Post:

Daegan (2010-10-10)

Mac Mac Mac. So sorry to offend. My sincere apologies.

well i used limera1n for 3gs mc model iph 4 and it work perfectly on both devices the only problem is that u need to try install cydia throught limera1n more time the reset its perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers6 View Post
    Open iTunes, then run Limera1n. iTunes has to be opened in the background.
    I tried that to, it doesn't work. But since you brought it up...where does it say iTunes must be open? I don't see any mentioning of that anywhere.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h2a View Post
    For the love of god can everyone stop writing MAC? jfc people. It's Mac. Short for Macintosh. A type of apple.

MAC = media access control. Not a type of computer.
    Oh Jeez are you for real?? If you wanna be anal like that...

MAC/Mac = macaroni and cheese

__________________________________________________ ______
    So far so good...updated my iPhone 4 to 4.1 and jailbroke with LimeRa1n...Love IT!!! Thanks Geo!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jcrod73 For This Useful Post:

joe97 (2010-10-10)

I have a Mac with BootCamp and x64 Win7 Pro and an iPhone 4 at 4.0.1 with 01.59.00 unlocked using jailbreakme.

Who trusts this guide for updating to 4.1 without upgrading the baseband? http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=12136 has anyone tried it with success or failure. I'm leaning towards just waiting for PwnageTool but I've bee jb'ing and TMo'ing since back in the day and my eagerness usually trumps my resistance.

I'm a little concerned that I haven't really seen it on MMi and only on iClarified. Anyone with AT&T or an extra iPhone 4 ;-) who would be so kind as to test it with Limera1n and Ultrasn0w?

I tried that to, it doesn't work. But since you brought it up...where does it say iTunes must be open? I don't see any mentioning of that anywhere.
    Damn now it worked lol, you must have blown some magic dust over here heh.

Thanks man

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dayvidpriddy For This Useful Post:

Daegan (2010-10-10)

PEOPLE. The jailbreak is released. This isn't Edward vs. Jacob here. Limera1n is out. Enjoy it if you can, wait for a fix if you can't(3Gs new bootrom). Do you honestly think that your opinion of Chronic or Geo is going to change anything? There are a lot better things to fight over in this world than something that you personally have nothing to do with(who stole what, who used what exploit, etc) and that you have absolutely no control over. Let Chronic and Geo duke it out. This isn't your fight.
    Word.

GeoHot 1 - Chronic 0.

p0sixninja is going crazy for not being the one to take the virginity of 4.1 JB. How damn low that guy can sink?
    1Hz

he better be the first for 4.2 then.

Thanks

There is all kinds of variations mentioned in this post but i just did mine and what i did was run LR with iTunes open...followed the instructions to go into DFU mode and held the home button down until i saw the LR image on my iPhone screen then i let go...it was smooth sailin from there...you may need to do a restore and try again from scratch...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gsmumbo View Post
    I am trying to download infinifolders on 4.1, but keep getting host unreachable from the apt.thebigboss.org repo. Anyone else having trouble with the repo?
    yes i have been...i guess everyone is trying to get thier apps back...i'm trying to get PkgBackUp renstalled...it's on the same repo...

Hey guys I'm just now having issues with my newly jailbroken device, I can't read my emails and other apps are crashing. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by islandremix View Post
    After reading endless threads, you do not even need a MAC to do this. I just used mine because it was on at the time and my pc was still booting up. As with all Jailbreaks it is always best to do a Fresh Firmware install. Now, if you want to use your MAC to do that it is up to you. But as of now, the only way to jailbreak with limera1n is to do it with a PC. You can do everything with a PC if you wanted. The limera1n file is small. All the PC needs is iTunes on while you do the jailbreak.

I am not saying my methods are the correct/only way. I just posted how I jailbroke my iPhone 3GS. I would recommend my steps because they worked for me. But remember, I did not push any buttons or click any icons during your jailbreak process so I cannot be held responsible for any outcome good or bad.
    Thank you for your help. Greatly appreciated!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi i have a iphone 3gs 4.1 and I downloaded limera1n and put Cydia but everytime I try to install something from Cydia it tells me:
    "Essent upgrade
    One or more essential packaged are currently out of date. If these upgrades are not performed you are likely to encounter errors." then it gives me these three options:
    Upgrade essential
    Complete upgrade
    Ignore (temporary)

I clicked both upgrade essential and complete upgrade but then another pop up comes up saying
    "Removing essentials
    This operation involves the removal of one or more packages that are required for the continued operation of either cydia or iPhoneOS. If you continue, you may not be able to use cydia to repair any damage. Then it gives me two options:
    Cancel operation (safe)
    Force removal (unsafe).

What should I do to fix this because I really want to use cydia but I don't want to delete anything that will force me to never be able to use it again. Can anyone please help me with this??

Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast