Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Limera1n is Live!

jailbroken with limera1n in less than 5 mins. works like a charm thanks geohotz!!

So... are we 3G users going to get a jailbreak for 4.1? Dammit! I dont want this laggy 4.0.1 poo anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by vanki3ll View Post
    jailbroken with limera1n in less than 5 mins. works like a charm thanks geohotz!!
    Can u successfully install cydia as well?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lvdgrl85 View Post
    So... are we 3G users going to get a jailbreak for 4.1? Dammit! I dont want this laggy 4.0.1 poo anymore!
    3G users already have redsn0w and sn0wbreeze for 4.1.

Quote Originally Posted by iFrosty View Post
    Yes you can always restore back to stock firmware

what he means by unpatchable:

its a bootrom exploit that can be patched with newer firmware, but this jb can always be implemented after its been tweaked for a newer firmware
    Alright. Thanks for clarifying

Quote Originally Posted by shalyndavis View Post
    ok got facetime to work on it

I once had this issue and had to turn off MY3G to get the FaceTime icon again. Then turned MY3G on again.

How did you get FaceTime back?

I might be an idiot here, but I know with almost every other jailbreak, you needed to download the OS you are upgrading to first, then implement it in the jailbreak, and it will build a custom firmware. My question here is, to work with limera1n, must I first upgrade to 4.1 and then run Limera1n, or does it install when I run Limera1n? Thanks for any help

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    3G users already have redsn0w and sn0wbreeze for 4.1.
    Ha
    I was just about to say that!

Quote Originally Posted by therandy View Post
    ***YOU HAVE TO RUN LIMERA1N as "Administrator" in windows!!!**** This is key!

Then once the exploit is complete and limera1n reboots your phone....reboot it once again on your own!

Let me know if that helped you out

iPhone 4 running 4.1 JB with limera1n NO PROBLEMS YET!

some apps that don't work on 4.1 yet that I've noticed:
    SBsetting "Remove Background" - Crashes phone and reboots in safe mode
    Folder Enhancer - Will not install
    USB Drive (never worked for me)

Working apps:
    SbSettings & Themes/Toggles
    Cydia
    iFile
    MyWi 4.0
    3G-Unrestrictor
    Multiflow
    Backgrounder
    Winterboard & Themes
    Lockinfo & Themes/Addons
    Cyntact
    CyDelete
    Activator
    Frash
    GroupSend
    HomePage in Safari
    iAdKiller
    Infinifolders
    Navigate from maps
    OpenSSH
    PlayAwake
    QuickReply for SMS
    Resupported4
    Safari Download Manager
    SpringFlash
    Synchronicity
    TVOut2 MIrror TVOut
    UnlimTones
    UnlimVideos
    YourTube 2

Correction...sorry Infinfolders does not work! When I click on a folder that has more than the standard (12) it just goes to a blank screen showing just the background. Hit the home button to return!
    Do what you can when you can, Why Wait?

Quote Originally Posted by lvdgrl85 View Post
    Just downgrade to 3.1.3 and get circuitous. Thats your best bet. 4.1 is going to b e slow on a 3G too.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pxcolletti10 View Post
    I might be an idiot here, but I know with almost every other jailbreak, you needed to download the OS you are upgrading to first, then implement it in the jailbreak, and it will build a custom firmware. My question here is, to work with limera1n, must I first upgrade to 4.1 and then run Limera1n, or does it install when I run Limera1n? Thanks for any help
    what firmware are you running now?

Limera1n works with 4.0-4.1 atm
    so any firmware within that range is good to go

I already download the app into my iphone. But i cant jailbreak it. Help me.. I even have cydia app in my iphone, what should i do now?
    Last edited by Ikah89; 2010-10-10 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pxcolletti10 View Post
    upgrade first

Just Jailbroke my ipad 3.2.2 Thanks geohot.

I dont see why all the hate on geohot. dev teams jailbreak woudnt have done what limera1n does. which is all devices. In my opinion if i have a device that i want jailbroken and there is someone out there that can do it I dont really care what they have to do to put it out there. I for one am about to donate to geohot. Thanks Geo dont listen to these fools. keep up the good work. your damned if you do and damned if you dont.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kingchkn's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd rather not touch this until the buggies are exercised and there is an unlock

Default FACETIME on 4.1
    Has anyone been able to get facetime to work with my3g on 4.1?? Every time I try to make a facetime call I get "Factime Failed connect to wifi" error message.

What do I need to do to fix this?

I have a 3gs New Bootroom ( its an MC model so im guessing this) and it is jailbroken by jailbreakme on 4.0, and the guy is bought it form said it is unlocked already and at that time it wasnt jailbroken so im guessing hes lying but it works fine with my network so im not complaining. If i update to 4.1 and jailbreak with limera1n will i lose my unlcok by ANY chance, just want to be sure?

I jbed with beta 1 yesterday before Ieft home. Not sure is one of the later betas fix this, but when I send an mms to my friend on a jbed 3G on 3.1.2 (I think) they get a mms adaptation error while they used to get mms from me before.

It's probably best for iPhone 3G users to downgrade firmware, I've heard too many problems with Redsn0w, even on Windows. Haven't messed with Sn0wbreeze in awhile, so I don't know how great/stable it is from previous versions.
    Generally, an iPhone 3G 4.1 jailbreak sounds like a risk taker.

Well I got lucky and downgraded back to 4.0 to re-jailbreak. I guess I have to wait for a more "stable" release or an easier one (LOL). My iTouch doesn't like to go into DFU mode. Maybe someone can tell me what I am doing wrong. I upgraded to 4.1 via iTunes no problem. Then I ran LimeRa1n and followed the steps...booted it into recovery mode. Held the home and power button and screen turns black and stays there. LimeRa1n doesn't tell me to release the power button until I release it beforehand. Then it just cycles in recovery mode. I tried to "retry" holding the home and power buttons and still nothing, just recovery mode. I ran the program under administrator and all that stuff. If anyone has any advice or solid tips it'll be appreciated. Thanks.

Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast