Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Limera1n is Live!

Quote Originally Posted by shalyndavis View Post
    facetime over 3g does work on 4.1 you just have to go to & forget any wifi network you are on then use sbsettings & toggle on/off the my3g icon then respring it. this is what i did works great!! thats GEO DONATE AWAY!
    Obviously we answered this already

just got it to work finally...had to have itunes running while doing the JB process..

Iphone 4 came stock with 4.1fw, 2.10.04BB

Worked on my friends 2xiPhone 4's.
    One was running 4.0.2 the other 4.1

Make sure you have iTunes running/open when you proceed with this jailbreak.

Here is a helpful video on the entire process. It helped me out.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rDZmGTq4Kc]YouTube - NEW Limera1n Jailbreak 4.1 Firmware On iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4 & iPad[/ame]

(NOTICE: I did not make that video)

Latest Project: iEvo HD4 TrueHD iPhone4 theme. ~~~ Click Donate to support my theme's!

Default Thanks geohot!!!!!
    Just wanted to say thank you to geo!!!

Jb'd 3gs 4.0.1----> -updated to 4.1 via itunes -ran limera1n
    -located white limera1n icon on iphone
    -installed cydia

the only problems i had was that i had to run limera1n at least 3 times for it to do it's thing...finally the green raindrop appeared after limera1n rebooted iphone.

To all you geo haters: Give this man some respect plz. I know last spring he got overwhelmed by userland requests to release a new jb and he said goodbye. If i was infiltrated with 100+ posts/tweets/emails a day bugging the **** out of me i would have done the same thing. As for his timing...whatever...the world may never know. Thanks geohot!!!

Few Quick Tips:

I noticed people asked some of these earlier and I was wondering the same, so

1. Limera1n does hacktivate your iPhone

2. Mine came stock on 4.0.2 with modem firmware 1.59.00. I used Limera1n beta 4 and it didnt hacktivate, then I used limera1n beta 2 and it DID hacktivate and jailbreak.

3. I have had absolutely NO problems with this jailbreak (knock on wood), so if youre an average user like me who just wants to be able to actually USE their iPhone with T-Mobile, download it.

Thumbs up Limerain Icon not showing solved
    To every one

I tried about six times to JB my ipad but failed,then I relized my mistake . when you reach the last step which says " dfu mode wait" do not release the HOME button I say AGAIN DO NOT RELEASE THE HOME button. UNTIL you see the LIMERAIN ICON on your DEVICE then release it and you restart your ipad .

hope this helps[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    Last edited by mogitay; 2010-10-10 at 05:59 PM. Reason: size

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mogitay For This Useful Post:

mook.maugluek (2010-10-10)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Xiavia View Post
    At least he didn't release it for a MAC first then windows.

I think this is the first time I can honestly say that unfortunately I only use a mac.

I'm patiently waiting though.
    Use Bootcamp Virtualization software doesn't work too hot, something with both OS's fighting over USB control and by the time winbloze grabs it, the timing it out. You really have to restart into winbloze to get er' done. Worked perfect for me as soon as I set up a bootcamp partition, installed winbloze, downloaded iTunes and limera1n

Quote Originally Posted by ravelsnip View Post
    You idiot, and to the rest of the idiots who are calling geohot a theif...STFU and go to your momma.

I can only say one thing...when did the lame chronic dev team ever release a JB?> they said so many things posted videos and ********....but never actually released it...GEOHOT gave us blackrain and now limerain...atleast he gave us something...last i know, something is better than NOTHING..... geo didn't show us with teaser videos and images and not give anything in the end...why don u all haters just STFU and get a life out there?

It is not going to release coz they never actually perfectly developed it properly...they are nothing but postponing piece of shittlers.
    I think you need to read up on the jailbreak scene more. Green poison was at the final stages of release with the SHAtter exploit and even set to release today, but geohotz released a different exploit which if greenpoison/shatter was released, would have made Apple fix both exploits.

So the dev team had to postpone and use geohotz version of greenpoison. And limera1n is still very buggy.

EDIT: I guess the only good geohotz did was hide the more stable jailbreak from Apple and made Apple fix his version.

EDIT2: And if you forgot, or just started following the JB scene, comex provided with two userland JB and even the exploit for Limera1n, and is part of the iPhone dev team. I think he deserves more of the respect than geohotz
    Last edited by SoraLimit; 2010-10-10 at 06:15 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mastuul View Post
    If you don't like it, don't use it, and wait for greenpois0n. It's just a jailbreak people.
    Dude..get off this thread!Your making way too much sense and your not calling anybody names.Who do you think you are?

My sentiments exactly..if you don't like GH or his work and method..don't use his product.Wait for the next JB.I have been on 3.1.2 since Mar and just now upgraded and I don't feel I missed a thing.I had my phone just like I wanted it.But after a while you have to catch up cause all apps go to 4+...glta
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

Not sure to what extent of a user you are or what all you have checked but, mms does not work on iPhone 4 iOS 4.1 after this jailbreak.

Default Thank you and would Appreciate help.
    I just jailbroke my iPhone 4 with limera1n program it was flawless and the software on my iPhone is also working flawless.

But, now I can't sync to itunes it crashes as soon as it starts backing up (or just verifies for ever) my iPhone can someone please help me? I'd really appreciate it.

I tried downgrading to itunes 9.2 but, got the same issue someone please help?

Thanks in advance

Joe.
    Last edited by joeyb649; 2010-10-10 at 06:23 PM.

I agree completely. Geohot couldve postponed his or worked with Dev team. Why burn 2 exploita. Dev team was the bigger man in this picture. Geohot does great work but this was a move that he made at the risk of looking jealous. I appreciate and donate. But, my hats off to the Dev team for stepping out of the "limelight" for respect to all of us users and Geohot. They are wise for waiting on applying this exploit. And jailbreaking shouldn't be used for piracy, only unlocking the abilities that apple restricts. Thanks for your posts.
    Respect

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gu1tarded For This Useful Post:

Pain55 (2010-10-10)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Seems ok except I can't install many things because of bigboss "host unreachable". Is this just a traffic issue or do I have a different problem?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkensei View Post
    is beta 4 final?
    hence the word BETA lol probably means its not final

When was GP going to support my 3gs?
    Never, by the initial looks of it...

Limera1n, on the other hand...
    I don't think I even need to finish that sentence.

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by organik View Post
    Seems ok except I can't install many things because of bigboss "host unreachable". Is this just a traffic issue or do I have a different problem?
    traffic..I spent about a hour w/ repos down.Everybody is re-installing Cydia apps
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

19. The Following User Says Thank You to yentrog31 For This Useful Post:

organik (2010-10-10)

BTW, can somebody tell me what does it mean by "unpatchable"? Isn't there any way that we can get back a non-jailbroken iphone after using this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ravelsnip View Post
    BTW, can somebody tell me what does it mean by "unpatchable"? Isn't there any way that we can get back a non-jailbroken iphone after using this?

Yes you can always restore back to stock firmware

what he means by unpatchable:

its a bootrom exploit that can be patched with newer firmware, but this jb can always be implemented after its been tweaked for a newer firmware

Quote Originally Posted by organik View Post
    I'm on a Blackra1n JB'ed iPhone and I'm randomly getting network timeouts, so Cydia might be a little messed up today.

I can successfully install limera1n on my 4g 4.41. However when come to install cydia it said "error downloading cydia" anyone know what happen and how to fix it? Thanks

Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast