Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Limera1n is Live!

yah it worked for me!

do you mean facetime over 3g worked or facetime over wifi? i can use facetime on wifi but i cant use it over 3g even with my3g.

sweet thx just did my iT4 with np, thx geohot!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

Geohot caused the Greenpois0n delay... Unfortunately...

Quote Originally Posted by shalyndavis View Post
    do you mean facetime over 3g worked or facetime over wifi? i can use facetime on wifi but i cant use it over 3g even with my3g.
    As I and another user above me said, My3G, Facebreak, or any other FaceTime tweak won't work on 4.1 for now...We'll have to wait...
    27" iMac: Quad-Core 2.93GHz i7 & 16GB RAM
    iPhone 4S: 64GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPad 2: 32GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Touch 3rd Gen iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Classic (thick) 160GB

I'm finding that after using Limera1n, right after I download something in Cydia, it says Loading Changes with the SWOD for like 5 minutes
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

My problem is that My device seems to get interrupted when it's being put into DFU mode. Im holding the home button and the little apple logo comes up. I tried it many ways and finally i had to close everything to get it to go then reopen limerain but after that it didnt jailbreak correctly so im at square one with an iphone that wont go into DFU mode and trust me I normally can put it into DFU mode theres just a problem this time. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by carloqt View Post
    im getting jelous now with some people Jailbreaking their iPad on firmware 3.2.2

mine is ipad 3.2.2(originally bought) 32GB wifi only..
    i tried using limera1n..then i thought its going smoothly..but when it saids "exploiting"..

it just stucks at the itunes plug in logo..

any1 have the same issue with this? hope i get any respond (
    After limera1n is done, have you tried using tinyumbrella to kick it out of recovery mode?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to spice_weasel For This Useful Post:

carloqt (2010-10-10)

Wow, what a shock that geohot releases buggy software (based on all the feedback) in an attempt to 'beat the other guy'.
    He should be real happy that you have to 'CTRL-ALT-yourmothersmaidenname' to make his crapware work, in many cases, since one of his earlier gripes was that 'jb was sooo easy' that the unwashed masses could do it and it was no longer just for the l33t.

I'll gladly wait for a, hopefully, more stable GP release: if I want untested, buggridden crapware, I can us MS apps.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CMOSlabs's Avatar
    Thanks

5 3gs's 3 iPhone4's
    Using TU for upgrade to 4.1 so it wouldn't mess with the baseband. Thanks Geo !
    No problems so far.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

works good!!! just FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION!!! I did my iPod 4G, n I upgraded my iPhone 4, to 4.1, n jailbroke it!!!THANKS GEOHOT!! U THA ****** BEST
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 2010-10-10 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spice_weasel View Post
    After limera1n is done, have you tried using tinyumbrella to kick it out of recovery mode?
    i tried also opening tinyumbrella but i cant click the "kick device out of recovery mode"

any other advices? thanks for rplying

Okay I need help I have an iPod touch 3rd gen mc model.. I run limera1n and I click make it rain Or whatever and it gets stuck on waiting for device... Any advice?????:,( thanxx

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

it's not hard!!! just FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION!!! hold both buttons, then olny release the power button, then it's gonna say DUF MODE, n exploit , then DONE! then u release !!

Thanks

so far, no issues on my 2 iphone 4's after updating to 4.1 and jb'ing w/ limra1n. Great job Geo, thanks and welcome back.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well done Geohot
    Has anyone successfully jailbroke a 2G MC Model with limera1n?

ok got facetime to work on it

Thanks

Wow. This is worse than listening to people argue about politics.

I have to admit that I can understand geohot releasing his exploit first if it's less effective than SHAtter but can be patched (if I am correct in that understanding) and that saving the dev team's SHAtter exploit for later as it will allow a far greater number of idevices to be jb'd. This is a good thing from that perspective.

This screaming about whether geohot stole this from comex, it's buggy, doesn't support this or that idevice are all valid gripes (if they are actualy factually accurate) but guess what folks? It doesn't matter. None of it. Eventually, we are all going to need a newer jb, a newer unlock and we are all going to ba right back at square one again. None of this is personal as far as I'm concerned and if it's progression is moving the community forward I'm for it.

We all need to sit back, burn a fatty (crack a brew, whatever) and relax and take a deep breath and look forward and stop pointing fingers and try to understand that as a community we all have to take part, make a contribution and be grateful for what the devs do for all of us for free.

I'm not using limera1n yet and I won't be using gp whan it comes out because I'm going to sit here with my ip4 at 4.01 (jb of course) and wait until I can see that something is stable, working and people are getting behind it without all the screeching and backbiting.

In a hundred years who's going to give a ****? Nobody. We need to be more a community as opposed to a bunch of inmates. Know what I mean?

Simple right?

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wirehedd For This Useful Post:

CD65 (2010-10-10), chief_bignut (2010-10-10), crankz1 (2010-10-10), JimJam707 (2010-10-10), Mbeck0265 (2010-10-10)

just unlocked and jail broke i4 on 4.0.2 with 1.59 baseband with limera1n and ultrasnow ))

iPhone? More like MyPhone mikelikesanime's Avatar
    Thanks

iPhone 4 with 4.1 os jailbreak worked. Took less than a minute. Thank you geohot.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    I want more Anime.

Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast