Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Limera1n is Live!

Thanks

Thanks GEOhot. worked for me. iphone 4. was on 4.01 & jailbroken prior. updated like normal to 4.1 then followed the instructions.

hold up? spoke to soon. Cydia keeps crashing. & when i looked in the root menu. I see duplicates of everything. I just updated from. anybody else see this?

Last edited by mike_carter1; 2010-10-10 at 12:24 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mike_carter1 For This Useful Post:

ronfin44 (2010-10-10)

You efing morons that talk crap about geohot, or ANY person that helps this community should be kicked in the teeth. You morons. EVERYONE that contributes to this community should be thanked. That's it. There's no competition about who releases what, before who, or how many bugs there are. They all work for the same end-result. God, some of you are just retarded! ugh
    Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Your an ignorant moron!
    fail

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ronfin44 For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (2010-10-10), finalfantasy (2010-10-10), Kaotic_XXX (2010-10-10), oOo ANDR3W oOo (2010-10-10)

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    You efing morons that talk crap about geohot, or ANY person that helps this community should be kicked in the teeth. You morons. EVERYONE that contributes to this community should be thanked. That's it. There's no competition about who releases what, before who, or how many bugs there are. They all work for the same end-result. God, some of you are just retarded! ugh
    I'll second that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

GEOHOT IS GOD THANK YOU FOR THIS. WORKS GREAT AND BETTER THEN THE DEV TEAM CRAP AS USUAL. Thats hillarious that you defied them AGAIN and did this... i remember when 3GS came out and you came out with your jailbreak weeks before they planned to just cause they were IDIOTS and wanted to make us wait.

you efing morons that talk crap about geohot, or any person that helps this community should be kicked in the teeth. You morons. Everyone that contributes to this community should be thanked. That's it. There's no competition about who releases what, before who, or how many bugs there are. They all work for the same end-result. God, some of you are just retarded! Ugh
    agreed
    Last edited by finalfantasy; 2010-10-10 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

geohot is great

8. The Following User Says Thank You to vruls For This Useful Post:

Rob2G (2010-10-10)

Agreed!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    After reading 26 pages of posts, I think ill add my 2 cents. Objectively as possible.
    Something here just doesnt add up. I do think Geohot is an attention seeker. For whatever reason it seems he needs people to know that he is good. Well, i think most people would agree he has talent, its the crap ***** way he goes about things that most people would get pi$$ed at. Hence, the remarks by the chronic dev team.

Now, lots are saying the dev team refused to implement the exploit cause there wasnt enough time, and hence geohot released his exploit to SAVE shatter/greenpoison. Could this be true? Possibly. What doesnt make sense to me is, if geohot had this exploit for months (as I have read around) why wouldnt one then "share" this knowledge, if you want to call it that, long before a release? (Apparently he has been working on Limera1n for 6 months) I somehow dont think the chronic devs (if given 6 months notice) would refuse to implement the same exploit in their release. One would think it would be a good idea to have another exploit in reserve, in the case with shatter, "should" apple come up with a way to patch Limera1n.

I do I trust geohot? I dont know. Why would one work on a jailbreak if you are supposed to be retired from this scene? Why would one, if you wanted to save an exploit in shatter, not work with the chronic devs for the last 6 months to make a proper, bug free jailbreak and not wait 1 day before one was supposed to be released? In my opinion, i dont think his intentions are pure in regards to the jailbreak community.

Again, no one is denying his talents.. I think there are too many questions regarding his intentions and that helps no one.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Voodoo1 For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (2010-10-10), reddawg (2010-10-10)

unfortunately a lot of peoples caring goes as far as a wall post on a forum then as soon as submits clicked its forgotten about, people just want the end result without the usual politics!! Who cares he kicked green poison in the face!! They are the ones who cannot keep to deadlines!! Dont speak what you cant deliver!!I just reinstalled with Beta 4 on a 3gs MC. Works mint. Cheers dude

It does NOT work on iPod Touch Mc Model.

Well I can't get to test any out at the minute! I tried updating to 4.1 on my iPhone 4 and it just gets stuck! I've tried everything! Anyone know what to do?

Just ran the limera1n jailbreak successfully.

- iPhone4 v4.1 Factory Unlocked
    - Bootcamp, Win 7
    - latest iTunes

Happy days!

ps. man, Cydia is fast on the iPhone4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    it's NOT WORKING on Ipad

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PAPER CHASER For This Useful Post:

stroodle (2010-10-10)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yo Paper chaser, thanks for letting me know. I was just about to click make it ra1n' and thought I would read up one more time. Anyone else try this jailbreak on the ipad?

Thanks
    Danny

Works perfectly on my iPhone 4:-

Updated to 4.1 from 4.01 using Umbrella

Ran Limera1n
    Installed Cydia......rebooted

Job Done.....

Been testing for about 30 minutes now.....now problems found

Happy Days!!!!!

Thanks

Ok having spent all morning reading about the woes and stuff related to limera1n I decided to put it to the test on an old boot version 3gs 16gb running 3.1.2 which was redsnowed and was fully loaded and running fine
    upgraded to 4.1 no problems
    jailbroke with limera1n no problems except limera1n icon was white and after installing cydia from limera1n no cydia icon rebooted all showing ok..
    installed cydia fully added a few things sbsettings winterboard makeitmine bitesms ifile tonefxs mobile terminal backgrounder remove recents clock hide then I got a warning on low disk space !!!!!
    opened up sbsettings to see I had 8mb of storage left ???
    dfu mode installed 4.1 again and same stuff as before same problem in cydia blue warning screen of running out of disk space..
    so..downgraded to 3.1.2 sbsettings says 273mb storage now..
    so is it to do with limera1n or 4.1 cant make my mind up yet as to what the culprit was..
    Limerain Mmmm
    4.1 Mmmm
    what is the general synopses..

I take it Greenpoi0n wasn't released then

greenpois0n

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, so it's like the 4th beta released now? Lucky I didn't make it ra1n last night when it first got released. I'm guessing it's still going to be a buggy piece of crap, beta's should never be released to the public.

Oh well, since egohot has single handedly delayed greenpois0n, I guess I'll use limera1n. I just can't wait any longer. So here's my questions:

Anyone with an iPhone 4 get a smooth jb with limera1n? No issues like lost wifi, bluetooth, mms, etc? Has your iPhone 4 crashed since jaulbreaking with limera1n? Sorry for the questions, but I read through 20+ pages of comments last night on a topic, and its 11AM now so I don't feel too much like doing it again lol.

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

well i just used it for my 3gs and the only problem is that cydia wont be installed for the first time u should try maybe more time thru limera1n icon toinstall the rest its all perfect

I successfully unlocked my iPhone 4 4.1 last night with limera1n. No problems here, it worked perfect. I'm now patiently waiting for that new ultrasn0w so I can actually use my phone

Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast