Page 20 of 55 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Limera1n is Live!

One question, is it working on iPod 2g mc model? A previous beta didnt.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by halo204561 View Post
    What about for those of us that have a Mac? Like myself. I'm pretty much screwed right now.
    He hasnt even started developing a mac version. Still fixing issues

comfirmed, just jailbreak my iPhone 3GS new bootroom, works great

Quote Originally Posted by marc1994 View Post
    One question, is it working on iPod 2g mc model? A previous beta didnt.
    no answer?

Default Works
    At least now we get the purdy lil green drop and not Geo's mug!!!

I'm going to wait a bit longer for the mac version which in sure will be far less buggy after he has time to work on his rushed release meanwhile I'm off to try it on my 3GS this has been a very dramatic weekend indeed.

no answer?
    Look on limera1n.com:

"iPod touch 2g support coming soon"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    NOT WORKING on Ipad

no answer?
    No the ipt2g can't be jailbroken by limera1n yet it says coming soon.

thanks to Geohot. I'm about to try with my 4G that got shipped with 4.1. Been missing my JB since the upgrade from a 3G.

Wish me luck
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyrob2g View Post
    gthugballin,
    Im ******** because he is a thief and screwed over a dev team who has been working very hard.
    jesus will you give it a rest.

I just read all 26 pages and 385 posts (as of this post). You are one annoying little person.

Quit taking Tweets and other "posts" by the Dev Team out of context. Geohot is a bit of a turd. We all agree. But he didn't steal anything. He did backdoor his fellow Jailbreak coders...yep.

I used Blackrain to JB my old 3G...and it worked perfectly. I'm about to find out how his new work is for my 4G on 4.1. I'm glad he released this package. Limera1n is good for the community.

BTW, if you must insist on saying he stole the code for Limera1n, please post up your "PROOF" in it's 100% entirety. not a little snippet that you gleaned to make your argument look more real.

The guy sounds like a ******. I had no idea about his backstory. But after reading into it, he isn't a theif. Just an individual who lacks common sense and has no credibility.

Deal with it. He gave us a very very useful tool. And with it's release, the Shatter exploit can be utilized for future updates and devices. Your little tantrum about wishing the GP release comes tomorrow anyways is childish. That would hurt the community. Hence the reason why their own blog says they won't be. they will be utilizing Geohots instead.

Damn man, check your sources and actually read something. Your posts are full of misinformation and are blatantly wrong in many areas. It ain't hard. Just read
    iPhone 4G 32 GB (2 of them)
    OS 5.0.1
    JB Utility: redsn0w 0.9.10b1

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tylus For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (2010-10-10), CZroe (2010-10-10), Jesposo (2010-10-11)

We don't need this Egohot sh*t! Well for me I can wait for greenpois0n/SHAtter!! I don't want a copy cat software! Geohot is a bigtime looser as he has proven it now!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ameerkhan For This Useful Post:

Rob2G (2010-10-10)

Dont use this loosers bugged software. He just betrayed everyone for nothing by burning 2 exploits. He doesnt even look like a badass doing it. He looks like a **** because he used stolen Apple code which both dev teams have but do not use because its illegal.

He even used another exploit which does not require the A4 chip unlike SHAtter making it useable on any future idevice.

If only he wasnt a ****** we could have used greenpos0n to jailbreak this gen and already have a jailbreak for the next gen idevices on day one with limera1n.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Z3r0Z For This Useful Post:

Rob2G (2010-10-10)

yee haw. worked first time in about 3 minutes. hot damn, 4.1 JB.

thanks Geohot
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerkhan View Post
    We don't need this Egohot sh*t! Well for me I can wait for greenpois0n/SHAtter!! I don't want a copy cat software! Geohot is a bigtime looser as he has proven it now!
    wow, idiocy comes in waves

Dev-Team Blog - Limera1n surprise

read up please. then maybe you'll re-think that little "I don't want a copy cat software!" comment. Maybe I'm misinterpreting, but it appears that the GP release will be utilizing Geohots exploit...sounds "copy cat"-ish to me
    OS 5.0.1

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tylus View Post
    thanks to Geohot. I'm about to try with my 4G that got shipped with 4.1. Been missing my JB since the upgrade from a 3G.

Wish me luck

jesus will you give it a rest.

I just read all 26 pages and 385 posts (as of this post). You are one annoying little person.

Quit taking Tweets and other "posts" by the Dev Team out of context. Geohot is a bit of a turd. We all agree. But he didn't steal anything. He did backdoor his fellow Jailbreak coders...yep.

I used Blackrain to JB my old 3G...and it worked perfectly. I'm about to find out how his new work is for my 4G on 4.1. I'm glad he released this package. Limera1n is good for the community.

BTW, if you must insist on saying he stole the code for Limera1n, please post up your "PROOF" in it's 100% entirety. not a little snippet that you gleaned to make your argument look more real.

The guy sounds like a ******. I had no idea about his backstory. But after reading into it, he isn't a theif. Just an individual who lacks common sense and has no credibility.

Deal with it. He gave us a very very useful tool. And with it's release, the Shatter exploit can be utilized for future updates and devices. Your little tantrum about wishing the GP release comes tomorrow anyways is childish. That would hurt the community. Hence the reason why their own blog says they won't be. they will be utilizing Geohots instead.

Damn man, check your sources and actually read something. Your posts are full of misinformation and are blatantly wrong in many areas. It ain't hard. Just read
    You want proof read twitter. I hope lamera1n bricks your phone. I have read. I have followed this from the beginning. From what I read he use privileged information to screw chronic dev over. That's just how it is. I really hope chronic dev releases green poison/shatter and burns that exploit, they worked awhile on it and geo just pulled a dirty move to release his.

Jb worked for me. I am running firmware 4.1 on iPhone 4. I use to be on 4.0.2 waiting for a jb and finally. I'm glad this came out. I Updated on iTunes then downloaded the program and clicked the Make It Rain. I ran the program which tells u now to put the device in dfu mode which tells u how n when to perform them. Then I looked for the icon of limera1n which was completely white then I clicked on it and then Cydia was up for download. I downloaded it and then it respringed. Cydia was not on my screen. I did it again and nothing. So I turned off and on. Cydia WAS THERE! I am happy!

just JB my wifes 4G on 4.1 as well. white icons on both phones initially, but after doing the initial Cydia mass update the phone will reboot.

following the reboot, Cydia and Limera1n are 100% working properly with colored icons.

Beta 3 seems to be stable. I'll report back any compatability issues 4.1 has with current Cydia apps
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyrob2g View Post
    I really hope chronic dev releases green poison/shatter and burns that exploit, they worked awhile on it and geo just pulled a dirty move to release his.
    childish in so many ways. you must be a 12 or 13 year old to have that mentality. clearly you cannot see the forest from the trees

suggest you re-read your so called "facts" with an impartial eye. you are so enamoured with the idea that Geohot stole everything that you are incapable of even considering the fact you are possibly wrong.
    OS 5.0.1

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tylus For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (2010-10-10), CZroe (2010-10-10)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by appsis View Post
    So if limera1n won't support the 3GS due to the bootroom issues and greenp0ison only supports devices with the A4 chip, what am I meant to do as a 3GS owner?
    I'm in the same boat, but I need an unlock too. Got a perfectly working 3GS but it got screwed up doin a restore and I had to update to 4.1 now it's locked and useless to me. Tried limera1n 3 times and nothing happens on the 3GS.

On another note, I tried limera1n on a 3G and it gets stuck in dfu mode and I had to restore it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Beta 4 is out

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tntxxxxxxxxxx For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (2010-10-10), CZroe (2010-10-10)

I have a 3gs MC model, on 4.1. Ran Limera1n, slight confusion about itunes popping up and putting phone into restore mode as opposed to DFU mode but just follow what Limera1n says.

Both my Cydia icons and limera1n icons were white, the jailbreak saved all my icons but they all need reinstalling. After updating cydia both icons had their pictures but it did have a freak out, the apple loading bar come up like when doing a restore loaded then over layed on my screen lol, nothing a reboot didnt get rid off, and my icons are fine again. **** green poison if there break only does iphone 4. Whats the point of that?? If im wrong sorry!!! Thanks Georgey boy!!!

This is crazy!!! Its been quiet and then all of a sudden "greenpoison will be released on Sunday". "Limera1n coming out on Monday" then "Limera1n released" and now it looks like greenpoison/shatter is going to be delayed. That's enough excitement for two days!

Page 20 of 55 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast