Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Limera1n is Live!

Who says it only works on Gen 4 devices? Allegedly working on 3G and 3GS old bootrom.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moharan View Post
    i want to unlock my 2G iphone on version 4.0. Will this be ok for it
    You can unlock now by downloading ultrasnow in cydia.

Thanks

Works perfectly. I'm on a mac too. I had to bootcamp win7 and used Limera1n.
    Nothing beats the iPhone.

What is with this windows only b.s. This kid had to steal the thunder didn't he?

Just updated my iPhone4 to 4.1 from 4.01 and used the Limera1n jailbreak with out a problem.... Got everything back to the way it was but with the proximity fix and gamecenter. Thanks Comex and GeoHot!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moharan View Post
    i want to unlock my 2G iphone on version 4.0. Will this be ok for it
    2G iPhone cannot go to 4.0

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RonHC View Post
    ARE HD THEMES WORKING ON 4.1??????

I hate spamming but i need to know since im planning to release my theme next week
    apparently 4.1 file names are different in some places

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DoYouLikeLuxury? View Post
    You can unlock now by downloading ultrasnow in cydia.
    Ultrasn0w does not work on iPhone 2G. Bootneuter is for iPhone 2G.

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    You are arguing semantics. He knew that they'd have to either do the right thing or they would do harm so he "forced" that decision/situation on them. The choice from there was obvious.

Also, "glory" and "dibs" have little to do with this. It's be just another "Thanks to Geohot!" in the readme if they accepted his exploit. If he was only interested in glory, he never would have offered it to them. PERIOD. And if you think the 10/10/10 10:10:10 GreenPois0n announcement had nothing to do with him approaching them with his exploit, you are naive. They announced the date in response to behind-the-scenes goings-on with Geohot. They thought it would make him back down but, instead, it caused him to rush his release. Most people naively believe that their date wasn't a part of this and it was. It was the first volley/shot fired in this mini-war over which exploit should be used next. BOTH would have likely been saved for later if this hadn't been going on.
    Exactly my point. His release removed the glory from the equation and got the CDev team to view the situation without the glory clouding their judgment and make the decision that was best for the community.

Where you say the choice was obvious after the release was made, I say that choice should have been clear even before his release. Ultimately, we are both supporting geohot's actions.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Slingshot377 For This Useful Post:

CZroe (2010-10-10)

iPhone? More like MyPhone HarlemState's Avatar
    Thanks

Is this the final JB?? or do we have to JB again when Up the Firmwares?

how did rain unlock your i4?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyrob2g View Post
    Geohot is just a thief, the proof is there look on twitter.
    Most of that is very much out-of-context. Read:

Quote Originally Posted by joejoeiphone1 View Post
    Wrong.. your assumption that you have to "smartly" use something when exploiting it is dead wrong. People, products and things are exploited every day and very rarely is the "smart"ness of it considered. Listen, these exploits have have been known and harbored for months and months.. the dev team forced Georgie to release his before he wanted to because of his ego. The dev team should still do theirs.. why? Because, there are ALWAYS going to be bugs, ports, openings and exploits in the FWs released by any software company. Your assumption -- along with many others -- is that the number of chances is limited. It's not. As long as these devices use firm and software, there will be hackers, programmers and glory hounds chomping at the bit to crack them.
    LMAO! Listen to yourself talk in circles.

cdevwill

@iH8sn0w not really. last year we gave him greenpois0n and told him how exploit worked, and he turned and made blackra1n very soon after.
    about 12 hours ago via Tweetie for Mac in reply to iH8sn0w
    Why weren't they raising a stink last year, then?

cdevwill cdevwill
    @iH8sn0w (when we gave him greenpois0n we didn't know he'd make his own program, it was given to him to help improve it)
    about 12 hours ago via Tweetie for Mac in reply to iH8sn0w
    And his has nothing to do with it except they share Comex's ALREADY RELEASED AND OPEN SOURCE untethered trick (NOT the same exploit to install it). Once again, you interpreted it wrong.

cdevwill

**** geohot.
    about 7 hours ago via Tweetie for Mac
    Uhh... Yeah. We all know why they are upset and it has nothing to do with "stealing." CONTEXT! Stop using your assumption about theft and assuming that it is the context.

chpwn
    **** you too, @geohot.
    about 7 hours ago via web
    Same thing.

cdevwill
    **** everything about that worthless scrawny lump of pure ****. Go get your ******* jailbreak kids. I don't even care. limera1n
    No different.

chronicdevteam
    geohot is using an unstable untether very much against the wishes of @comex @iphone_dev and @chronicdevteam
    about 6 hours ago via web
    Retweeted by chpwn and 100+ others
    Duh. They have opposing "wishes." That's where all this drama came from. If they released GP tomorrow, it would be "very much against" Geohot's "wishes" too. you know that their motives had nothing to do with Comex's untether trick and more to do with them wanting to finish and release their jailbreak even though Geohot's made more sense. That's like being mad at Microsoft for releasing a Zune "very much against" Apple's "wishes." Who cares?! Comex made his trick public because it was used in JBme. Deal with it. Acting like he used it inappropriately is just a way to turn the public against him. The "owners" never said "stole." iH8Sn0w, you, and others ran with that assumption. cut it out... unless you enjoy being tools or pawns in this little back-and-forth. Think for yourself and consider the TRUE motivations of each side. "Glory?" Honestly? Come on.

p0sixninja
    wow, geohot steals our untethered exploit just so he can release first.... talk about #*******
    This was said out of spite and you know that it wasn't talking about the actual exploit. And we know that there were REASONS for releasing first which they left out of that post. It wasn't "just" to be "first." That would be stupid. Geohot has proven time and time again that he is NOT stupid.

chpwn
    When you can't jailbreak your iPhone 5, iPad 2, or iPod touch 5G, remember that it's all thanks to @geohot.
    about 6 hours ago via Tweetie for Mac
    Not only does this not support your point, but it would only be true if they released THEIR exploit tomorrow anyway. This was a staring contest. This was just before they "blinked" by admitting that GP was delayed. They lost. It would have been them dooming the next gen if they launched anyway, not Geohot (which was kinda his whole point).

cdevwill
    RT @chronicdevteam: use limera1n at your own risk. it has been untested and geohot screwed over @comex who trusted him to wait.
    TRUSTED HIM TO WAIT? Ha! They DENIED him and EXPECTED him to do what they wanted. He found a way to force their hand. Also, this is irrelevant to your point. It's just sour grapes. What does it have to do with your "theft" accusation?

iH8sn0w
    *sigh*... To those who don't know. Geohot stole @comex's exploit + implementation to make it untethered.
    They are just as confused about it as you. We know that he did NOT steal another exploit "plus" the untether trick. All he used was the PUBLIC untether trick.

cdevwill
    RT @notcom: DON'T use limera1n. It is likely to mess up your device since it uses a BETA version of the untether (stolen) from @comex
    Now that you know that it was the same trick as JBme, you know just how misleading that whole statement was. "Stolen" is manipulative and wrong. LOOK AT THE CONTEXT.

p0sixninja
    still in shock....
    about 5 hours ago via web
    For the reasons we all agree on... NOT because anything was "stolen."

And Finally Comex gives in

comex

Fine, geohot's release now has my approval, because otherwise everyone would use the initial (pulled) broken version. Ugh.
    about 6 hours ago via web
    And where does Comex accuse him of stealing?

Just did it on my 3GS never jailbroken before. (Old Bootrom obv.) Wifi + Bluetooth + Cydia icon ALL working. GREAT release!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Ultrasn0w does not work on iPhone 2G. Bootneuter is for iPhone 2G.
    Oh word, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by DoYouLikeLuxury? View Post
    I like this guy.
    Me too

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

CZroe, we are just going to keep butting heads here. You seem to not mind geohot and I have disliked him for awhile. We both have different views about those tweets. Let's just agree to disagree and enjoy our iPhones. We don't need infractions for arguing in the thread. But thanks for taking the time to debate this with me.

hi frnds

i just tried it on my ipad 3.2.2 and it says its done but my ipad shows waiting for activation and will take some time from last 30 mins. can any one please do let me know about this please.

thanks a bunch in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by pottsj42 View Post
    I have read all the post, but does this work for 3gs? It says all devices.
    The exploit does. The current implementation doesn't due to being a rushed beta.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gsmumbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Let's just agree to disagree and enjoy our iPhones.
    Thank you. That's what everyone needs to do. This arguing does nothing to change anything and just gets people heated for nothing. Enjoy your iPhones.

iPhone? More like MyPhone A_SWELLGUY's Avatar
    Thanks

doesnt work for me... im a little bummed... geo should have just waited till he had it all dialed in... I guess im just going to wait till he gets it right for the iphone 4.............
    iPhone: 16gb 2g
    firmware: 2.2.1
    Operating system: osx

Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast