Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: limera1n 10/11/10 jailbreaks all devices?

I don't know what to believe here. They gave him the userland exploit, but are angry because they claim he was supposed to "wait." But, if this is the same userland exploit they were going to use tomorrow, then what's the difference?

I don't know if the guy has an ego problem or not, but he certainly is brilliant. I mean, give credit where it's due.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ackms421 For This Useful Post:

g12007 (2010-10-10)

i will wait until at least monday to do anything....hell both the jb's could be buggy.. 4.0.1 is doing just fine for me

Quote Originally Posted by Ackms421 View Post
    I don't know what to believe here. They gave him the userland exploit, but are angry because they claim he was supposed to "wait." But, if this is the same userland exploit they were going to use tomorrow, then what's the difference?

I don't know if the guy has an ego problem or not, but he certainly is brilliant. I mean, give credit where it's due.
    it's not a userland jailbreak, the userland part is for the untether

I tried it - and I have an ipod touch 4g 4.1 - Im not getting any limera1n icon or anything. ive rebooted, I've even tried the JB again.. but yeah, nothing. bah.

EDIT: Nevermind.. third time it came up....
    Last edited by issyfit; 2010-10-10 at 01:38 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

well like every release including the dev release tomorrow will show. that EVERY release of Any Jailbreak has its bugs and its problems and its users that have no idea what their doing lol. i love how many babies their are here. lol.
    Iphone 4 (came with 4.1) Now Jailbroken. THANKS GEOHOT Thanks my 2cents. until 4.2 comes out lol.

First off... the chonic dev teams twitter "typo" says it all- "egohot"

In a way Im glad SHAtter was saved...

However Im uber pissed that its buggy as hell and doesnt work on mac. Luckily I have old bootrom on my 3gs (: (never lets me down for JBs)

I put in an order for an apple TV just so i can JB it.... just canceled the order.

Why wait for 4.2 though? Maybe for my ipad but i dont give a damn about airplay and wifi printing on my iphone. Just want gamecenter and HDR ):

Geo... unpatchable... my a**

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    it's not a userland jailbreak, the userland part is for the untether
    Yes I know. But supposedly he "stole" the userland exploit portion and put it into the wild within his jailbreak today. That is what they apparently are most pissed about. However, they were going to release this exploit into the wild tomorrow anyway; so the jig was up nonetheless. That's not a valid reason to be pissed. There may be others, but let's at least be consistent here.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by finalfantasy View Post
    well like every release including the dev release tomorrow will show. that EVERY release of Any Jailbreak has its bugs and its problems and its users that have no idea what their doing lol. i love how many babies their are here. lol.
    Iphone 4 (came with 4.1) Now Jailbroken. THANKS GEOHOT Thanks my 2cents. until 4.2 comes out lol.
    There won't be a dev release tomorrow from what I read on twitter. Geohot screwed that up. They don't want to burn trough 2 exploits at the same time. I really hate geohot.

Yes I know. But supposedly he "stole" the userland exploit portion and put it into the wild within his jailbreak today. That is what they apparently are most pissed about. However, they were going to release this exploit into the wild tomorrow anyway; so the jig was up nonetheless. That's not a valid reason to be pissed. There may be others, but let's at least be consistent here.
    I think you're missing what their pissed about.

They're pissed that he used a beta version of their exploit which is buggy and that he backed them into a corner to make them not release SHAtter.

Geo is so sexy
    "Don't hold it like that!"

Thanks

Geohot's a legend. Period.

again the userland part isn't an exploit it's just a way to make it an untethered Jailbreak, the part he used to do this was an unstable version given to him in confidence, I don't recall any stealing on egohots part
    Last edited by dsg; 2010-10-10 at 01:52 AM.

Should I jailbreak or wait till dev team? I dont want to screw up my new touch 4g.

Shatter is fake Chronic Dev were waiting to copy Geo's exploit all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    Shatter is fake Chronic Dev were waiting to copy Geo's exploit all this time.
    Limera1n was made when the dev team announced Greenpois0n and shared the code with Geohotz, and he stole it

17. The Following User Says Thank You to whereswaldo For This Useful Post:

Rob2G (2010-10-10)

@xclusiveiphone, yeah ok

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    Limera1n was made when the dev team announced Greenpois0n and shared the code with Geohotz, and he stole it
    What a chump move! I thought this guy was a legend. And now he's stealing crap from other developers?

And now it looks like limera1n has ALREADY been released. Probably attempting to steal some of that Greenpois0n thunder.

Limera1n iOS 4.1 Jailbreak Tool Released

Only works on Windows for now. No Mac support yet. And by the way....this is an UN-tethered jailbreak.
    Last edited by RICO_; 2010-10-10 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    What a chump move! I thought this guy was a legend. And now he's stealing crap from other developers?

And now it looks like limera1n has ALREADY been released. Probably attempting to steal some of that Greenpois0n thunder.

Only works on Windows for now. No Mac support yet.
    And it has so many problems, like breaking wifi and bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post

Only works on Windows for now. No Mac support yet.
    STOP SPREADING BS! Geohot didn't steal anything! He only used the untether exploit which he got permission to use. The rest of the jailbreak is all his.

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    And it has so many problems, like breaking wifi and bluetooth
    Lmao, saying that with isolated cases. I'm limra1ned and my wifi and bluetooth work perfectly.
    Last edited by M4tt Dam0n; 2010-10-10 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    STOP SPREADING BS! Geohot didn't steal anything! He only used the untether exploit which he got permission to use. The rest of the jailbreak is all his.
    He did steal it, the dev team confirmed it

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast