Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: limera1n 10/11/10 jailbreaks all devices?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile LimeRa1n already up
    http://limera1n.com/ is already working... nothing to download just an image posted but....really Geohot is back????.....

Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    Grow a brain and read the posts both here and on twitter!! People are grateful for the exploits...what everyone is pissed about is the wasting of a potentially useful future exploit for when the next Gen idevices are released!!
    wy dont you use your ******* brain, since when geo had a problem finding an exploit.
    He is one man team and he does just fine, the 12+ idiots on a so called team have nothing but problems to find one and deliver, Geo had the exploit for a month and had his **** ready to go,
    Where 12 people struggle to deliver for 2 months.
    Dont hate the gifted ones

And guys... engelke2010 is ABSOLUTELY right... People... Everybody needs to STOP complaining! The tools will be launched in Sunday and Monday so pleease

Quote Originally Posted by engelke2010 View Post
    Mods, if you want to go ahead and ban me for what I am about to say, go ahead...

I am f****** SICK AND TIRED of the children of this forum that are making homophobic comments - saying something is *** or saying someone is a F** if you don't like what they say or do! Grow up already and treat everyone with the respect they deserve!
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    If you are talking about geohot, he is 21
    George Hotz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    My bad "George Francis Hotz (born October 2, 1989)" but still no need to pick on him!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neonsector View Post
    wy dont you use your ******* brain, since when geo had a problem finding an exploit.
    He is one man team and he does just fine, the 12+ idiots on a so called team have nothing but problems to find one and deliver, Geo had the exploit for a month and had his **** ready to go,
    They were not "struggling to deliver". They were doing us a favor (besides this being FREE!!!) and smoothing all bugs they could find. If they rushed their release date without debugging everything, you would probably be the first one on this site whining about them screwing it up. No not probably, you definately would, along with the other thousands of people on this site. Not dogging on Geo in any way, more power to you man. You do what not many people can. Im just aiming at the one's hating on a team thats working around the clock to make something work as perfectly as possible.
    Last edited by Jmataska; 2010-10-09 at 06:12 PM.

WRECK 'EM TECH!!! Twitter Me: Jared_Mataska
    Or Leave a Thanks...

Guys... The tools are wonderful things given to us FOR FREE! by many respectable teams and developers (ie hackers) to allow you to jailbreak and allow you ROOT access to you idevice for developers or installouse for you [email protected]$ that pirate software... But why are we arguing? And fighting? It's pointless! A new exploit will be launched with every new device and f/ware launched! And the tools are being launched in 1/2 days!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by neonsector View Post
    Here F***ing Here. Well said
    iPhone 4 4.2.1 Untethered

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lurpticon For This Useful Post:

bettik (2010-10-09), bracoo (2010-10-09)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exnither View Post
    Hello.

Could you people tell me when will the pwnagetool come out?! I have an iPhone 3G fw 4.0.2 and haven't upgraded and jailbreaked to 4.1 because i wan't to preserve my baseband so i canstill be able to unlock it in the future if i want to do so. Will limera1n do the same as pwnage tool, for me? I know it won't be a customized ipsw, but will it preserve my baseband?

Thank you.

BTW, do you iPhone 3G owners, heve noticed any difference when upgrading to 4.1?
    PwnageTool already came out to JB 4.1 it's been out for a while now. And yes 4.1 runs just as smoothly as 3.1.3 On my iPhone 3G. Just don't enable wallpaper, multitasking slows it down a bit.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Actually, an official pwnage tool from the dev team has not been released yet. That one that is out is a unofficial mod of it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Halten77 View Post
    PwnageTool already came out to JB 4.1 it's been out for a while now. And yes 4.1 runs just as smoothly as 3.1.3 On my iPhone 3G. Just don't enable wallpaper, multitasking slows it down a bit.
    Yes I agree. On my old 3G, It ran pretty good without the Wallpaper BG and Multitasking.

Or Leave a Thanks...

What's the difference between the iPhone 3G And the 3GS?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bracoo For This Useful Post:

Simon (2010-10-09)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just don't understand the problem people have with this. Maybe the timing is a bit suspicious, but GeoHot has come up with a 4.1 jailbreak the includes every iDevice especially the new bootrom 3GS. There is no doubt that Greenpois0n will be more polished and stable due to the amount of testing, and probably my choice for my i4,but it is "exclusive" to the A4 chip and anytime you have to opportunity to release a jailbreak for every single iDevice you have to do it. Even if they do patch these holes in later devices there will be more, and these guys will find them. I'm curious about this Limesn0w though, has anybody heard any truth to this?

this isnt that hard to understand

limerain > shatter / greenposion

limerain works on all devices and shatter only works on the new 7-800$ devices.. (and new ipod)

if anything shatter should hold back on releasing their half assed solution, i say half assed because it only works on less than half the I devices out there.

any one here saying that lime rain should not be released obviously owns a A4 device and could care a less about the rest of us.. not everyone has 7-800$ to spend on a phone..

I bought a 3gs with 4.01 on it and the previous owner against our agreement updated to 4.02 the day he shipped it. so i think that limerain is a welcome addition..

also gehot doesn't owe anyone here anything as a free man he can release or not release any jail-breaking application he wants. plus if he wanted to steal the spotlight he would have released it today....

if shatter did what it was advertized to do "jailbreak all i devices" this wouldn't need to be released..
    Last edited by akafred; 2010-10-09 at 06:33 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to akafred For This Useful Post:

bracoo (2010-10-09)

Too all the posts complaining about geohot wasting a jb...you all have A4 devices. So since you're covered, screw the rest of us right? Sheez, what a bunch of tools.

Sorry, 19 pages of this crap. Had to get that off my chest. It's a wonder these guys bother doing any jb's with all the harassment they get for their FREE work!

Thank you chronic dev. Thank you geohot.
    Last edited by bettik; 2010-10-09 at 06:35 PM.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bettik For This Useful Post:

akafred (2010-10-09), Dave_Xiavia (2010-10-09), Go Gators (2010-10-09), Kasi13 (2010-10-09), yentrog31 (2010-10-09)

Actually, an official pwnage tool from the dev team has not been released yet. That one that is out is a unofficial mod of it.
    Exactly. I wanted to JB my iPhone 3G, but i wanted an official Pwnatool for it... Should i use the unofficial mod? Will it preserve my baseband?
    And thank you Halten77, for your reply.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by exnither View Post
    Exactly. I wanted to JB my iPhone 3G, but i wanted an official Pwnatool for it... Should i use the unofficial mod? Will it preserve my baseband?
    And thank you Halten77, for your reply.
    I havent used it, but from what I have heard it does preserve your baseband and work fine. I prefer to use the official releases too though.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

exnither (2010-10-09)

I havent used it, but from what I have heard it does preserve your baseband and work fine. I prefer to use the official releases too though.
    I'm tired of waiting.... If this is the only possible way to preserve my baseband, i will go for it now! I can't wait any longer, my iPhone seems to be slower and slower; really really annoying! I will google it now.
    Thanks.

So many hate messages guys this is all free. I can't wait for tomorrow and monday

25. The Following User Says Thank You to i3urger For This Useful Post:

Jmataska (2010-10-09)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akafred View Post

if anything shatter should hold back on releasing their half assed solution, i say half assed because it only works on less than half the I devices out there.
    Its not a half assed solution dip wad, its in the hardware!! The dev teams didnt CHOOSE to find an exploit only in devices with the A4 chip, APPLE chose to put the (exploitable) A4 chip in the new iDevices, NOT the dev teams. Yea I guess it does suck for the people who dont have a newer iDevice, but Dont blame Chronic for what hardware is in the phones, just be stoked that Geo did what he did and leave some respect to all who need it, both Geo AND Chronic....
    Last edited by Jmataska; 2010-10-09 at 07:02 PM.

Or Leave a Thanks...

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast