Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 608

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: limera1n 10/11/10 jailbreaks all devices?

  1. #241
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Definitely thankful for all the teams working on the jailbreaks!!

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    Grow a brain and read the posts both here and on twitter!! People are grateful for the exploits...what everyone is pissed about is the wasting of a potentially useful future exploit for when the next Gen idevices are released!!

    Oh look you have an iPhone 4. Thats a surprise.

  3. #243
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    While I do understand the concepts of jailbreaking and unlocking, it is still not clear to me whether or not Greenpois0n will allow 'upgrading' to 4.1 on a device that is currently running 4.01 and has been jailbroken and unlocked with UltraSn0w?
    Can someone shed on light on this please?

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    Grow a brain and read the posts both here and on twitter!! People are grateful for the exploits...what everyone is pissed about is the wasting of a potentially useful future exploit for when the next Gen idevices are released!!
    Yes I do know this... And it is a Pitty but with creating something new there will be MANY exploits for it... People just have to have the determination to find them! And if there was a CONFIRMED ip 5. Jailbreak... Would you guys still be so pissy? There is no need to start calling people names or fighting and no... I'm not a pacifist!

  5. #245
    Ugh typical geo bringing the drama. From a pragmatic standpoint it makes sense just to release limera1n or implement geo's exploit in GP as it a) supports everything in need of support and b) would be a shame to burn two bootrom exploits at once. However even if limera1n was the only JB released and SHAtter was saved for 5th gen devices it would be tethered at that point as both LR & GP use the same userland exploit to untether which will inevitably be patched in firmware.

    While I have used geo's software and respect his work I do agree with others that this is seriously a ******bag move. He's had limera1n for a while now and has been aware of GP. He intentionally decided to wait for an ETA from chronic dev to announce. If he /really/ cared about the community, instead of his own ego he would have either just released as soon as SHAttered was announced(or before) or he would have contacted the other dev teams and collaborated. Seems even as time passes he's still yet to learn how to be a team player. It will be really unfortunate if two exploits get burnt in one week. I feel really bad for the guys over at chronic and iPhone dev as they have obviously put /alot/ of hard work into this and basically got the preverbal middle finger from geo. What will happen though is both exploits will be released, patched in future hardware, more likely than not tethered in 4.2 and geo will blame chronic for releasing SHAtter when there is nothing to use on 5th gens. He will claim he asked chronic dev to use his exploit(which he did) in GP but if they did it would most certainly push back their release date allowing limera1n to release first and in the end making GP irrelevant and will give geo time to find SHAtter and implement it himself for 5G's. A real ****** move backing chronic and iPhone dev into a corner like that IMHO.

    IDK either way it will be good for the community in the short term and either way it will stroke the kids ego.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to mvhurlburt For This Useful Post:

    bracoo (2010-10-09)

  7. #246
    iPhoneaholic Jmataska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lubbock, Texas, United States
    Posts
    407
    Thanks
    739
    Thanked 225 Times in 151 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ghislain View Post
    While I do understand the concepts of jailbreaking and unlocking, it is still not clear to me whether or not Greenpois0n will allow 'upgrading' to 4.1 on a device that is currently running 4.01 and has been jailbroken and unlocked with UltraSn0w?
    Can someone shed on light on this please?
    I know for sure you will be able to jailbreak using GP, since it is only for 4.1, but as for unlocking, if you use TU to preserve your baseband before you upgrade to 4.1, you should be able to use the ultrasnow to unlock. Correct me if im wrong anyone, I would like the correct information.

    WRECK 'EM TECH!!! Twitter Me: Jared_Mataska
    Or Leave a Thanks...

  8. #247
    iPhone? More like MyPhone CMOSlabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    109
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    I have a few 3gs that will love a little rain. As a few have said above, I think I will wait till the dust settles. I have 20 or so iPhones from people that pressed that upgrade button by mistake 4.02-4.1(The cat did it). Jailbreak for everyone!!! But, now the wait goes on for the updated ultrasn0w unlock. Welcome back Geo!! And thanks to all the iHackers and Dev teams out there.
    Last edited by CMOSlabs; 2010-10-09 at 09:22 PM.

  9. #248
    you guys bicker amongst yourselves i'm happy that a jailbreak will be available for my ipod touch 4g.

    Thanks dev teams and geo.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to moneybanks14 For This Useful Post:

    durdan1 (2010-10-09)

  11. #249
    Well I am torn between two Jailbreaks...lol But I will choose GreenPoisi0n because it come out tomorrow where as Limera1n is monday. I have a iPhone 4 16gb that came with 4.0.2 so you know how much I need a JB.
    iPhone 4 4.2.1 Untethered

  12. #250
    What a ******! Such a little drama queen...but hey, I guess I shouldn't complain if he wants to release an additional exploit... Its just the way he does things; what a *****!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to zozodouce For This Useful Post:

    Rob2G (2010-10-09)

  14. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by bracoo View Post
    Guys... Please have some sense!!!
    Greenpous0n ONLY works with the A4 (4th gen) devices and NOT any of the older A3 chips...
    LimeRa1n WILL work with all of the A4 and A3 devices so it It is a more universal jailbreak...

    To all of you that own an iPhone 4: use greenpois0n... Take advantage of the stability(I hope) and useability of the jailbreak! And what about all of us who don't have an iPhone 4? We will use LimeRa1n as most devices come pre loaded with 4.1 or 4.x we can't downgrade to 3.1.2 to use sn0wbreeze, redsn0w or pawnage tool! so we are THANKFULL for LimeRa1n!

    Eitherway be THANKFUL that there are teams out there and people who do make jailbreaks! And I'm pretty dam sure that none of you can make a jailbreak either!
    You're absolutely right, bro.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Newbee123 For This Useful Post:

    bracoo (2010-10-09), durdan1 (2010-10-09)

  16. #252
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hialeah, Florida, USA
    Posts
    536
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 87 Times in 74 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sujahat View Post
    I have a 3G with 4.1 and iPhone4 with 4.0.2.. cant wait to get them to work..
    For the 3G, use Sn0wbreeeze 2.0.2 or RedSn0w 0.9.6. OUTSTANDING JB tools btw.

  17. #253
    Livin the iPhone Life mikerlx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,364
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 48 Times in 44 Posts

    I will be very happy to JB my ipad on 3.2.2

  18. #254
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    272
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 54 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mvhurlburt View Post
    Ugh typical geo bringing the drama. From a pragmatic standpoint it makes sense just to release limera1n or implement geo's exploit in GP as it a) supports everything in need of support and b) would be a shame to burn two bootrom exploits at once. However even if limera1n was the only JB released and SHAtter was saved for 5th gen devices it would be tethered at that point as both LR & GP use the same userland exploit to untether which will inevitably be patched in firmware.

    While I have used geo's software and respect his work I do agree with others that this is seriously a ******bag move. He's had limera1n for a while now and has been aware of GP. He intentionally decided to wait for an ETA from chronic dev to announce. If he /really/ cared about the community, instead of his own ego he would have either just released as soon as SHAttered was announced(or before) or he would have contacted the other dev teams and collaborated. Seems even as time passes he's still yet to learn how to be a team player. It will be really unfortunate if two exploits get burnt in one week. I feel really bad for the guys over at chronic and iPhone dev as they have obviously put /alot/ of hard work into this and basically got the preverbal middle finger from geo. What will happen though is both exploits will be released, patched in future hardware, more likely than not tethered in 4.2 and geo will blame chronic for releasing SHAtter when there is nothing to use on 5th gens. He will claim he asked chronic dev to use his exploit(which he did) in GP but if they did it would most certainly push back their release date allowing limera1n to release first and in the end making GP irrelevant and will give geo time to find SHAtter and implement it himself for 5G's. A real ****** move backing chronic and iPhone dev into a corner like that IMHO.

    IDK either way it will be good for the community in the short term and either way it will stroke the kids ego.
    Completely agree with you on everything buddy.

    iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

  19. #255
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon, United States
    Posts
    120
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts

    Mods, if you want to go ahead and ban me for what I am about to say, go ahead...

    I am f****** SICK AND TIRED of the children of this forum that are making homophobic comments - saying something is *** or saying someone is a F** if you don't like what they say or do! Grow up already and treat everyone with the respect they deserve!

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to engelke2010 For This Useful Post:

    Jmataska (2010-10-09), Kasi13 (2010-10-09), whereswaldo (2010-10-09)

  21. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by skj8100 View Post
    What would be great is if he did not act like a spoiled child.....
    He's 14 you idiot

  22. #257
    Hello.

    Could you people tell me when will the pwnagetool come out?! I have an iPhone 3G fw 4.0.2 and haven't upgraded and jailbreaked to 4.1 because i wan't to preserve my baseband so i canstill be able to unlock it in the future if i want to do so. Will limera1n do the same as pwnage tool, for me? I know it won't be a customized ipsw, but will it preserve my baseband?

    Thank you.


    BTW, do you iPhone 3G owners, heve noticed any difference when upgrading to 4.1?

  23. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyinb View Post
    He's 14 you idiot
    No he's not, I though he was like 17 or 18. But never the less he is a spoiled little genus...lol
    iPhone 4 4.2.1 Untethered

  24. #259
    I dont think he is 14... But I would stand under correction!

  25. #260
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    48,878
    Thanks
    8,108
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

    If you are talking about geohot, he is 21
    [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Hotz[/ame]

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •