Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: limera1n 10/11/10 jailbreaks all devices?

Quote Originally Posted by Chomp-on-this View Post
    Well for one the whole devteam has been working on it instead of some 21 year old kid in his basement

You forgot to add that he's also an unstable, emotionally challenged kid who basically needs to crawl back into the hole he just came out of!

Releasing his exploit is just going to engrave him in eveyone's mind as the ******bag who wasted an exploit and gave apple a one-up!!

Whatever the kid does, The DevTeam will find other ways....long live The DevTeam!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

I've got a question:

As for chronic implementing GeoHot's exploit to save SHAtter for another time, I don't really understand. Won't the next gen of iDevices have a new bootrom anyway? Meaning that both exploits will get patched regardless - leaving SHAtter wasted if it doesn't get released now. Or will SHAtter still work on next gen iDevices, even if it has a different bootrom? Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, I was just wondering this.

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

Quote Originally Posted by Funked View Post
    I've got a question:

As for chronic implementing GeoHot's exploit to save SHAtter for another time, I don't really understand. Won't the next gen of iDevices have a new bootrom anyway? Meaning that both exploits will get patched regardless - leaving SHAtter wasted if it doesn't get released now. Or will SHAtter still work on next gen iDevices, even if it has a different bootrom? Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, I was just wondering this.

He only started working on releasing his lime after the DevTeam announced their ETA. The reason no one's happy about his announcement is that despite being similar, the implementation of the exploit is different and could potentially be useful in JB'ing future idevices...
    Now Apple will just patch both exploits right after :/ :/

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Umm…i just want to be able to jb my i4 and have Cydia…whichever is more efficient to do the job and has less problems…i dont really care which to use…
    You Know You Want to Hit It...[Thanks!]

What i dont get is why anyone is releasing a bootrom exploit? I mean there are still plenty of userland jailbreaks available and one is coming out for 4.2 so why bother releasing Shatter now? Bootrom exploits should both be held of untill really necessary. The longer theyre kept hidden the more jailbreakable devices apple will keep making.

Guys... Please have some sense!!!
    Greenpous0n ONLY works with the A4 (4th gen) devices and NOT any of the older A3 chips...
    LimeRa1n WILL work with all of the A4 and A3 devices so it It is a more universal jailbreak...

To all of you that own an iPhone 4: use greenpois0n... Take advantage of the stability(I hope) and useability of the jailbreak! And what about all of us who don't have an iPhone 4? We will use LimeRa1n as most devices come pre loaded with 4.1 or 4.x we can't downgrade to 3.1.2 to use sn0wbreeze, redsn0w or pawnage tool! so we are THANKFULL for LimeRa1n!

Eitherway be THANKFUL that there are teams out there and people who do make jailbreaks! And I'm pretty dam sure that none of you can make a jailbreak either!
    Last edited by bracoo; 2010-10-09 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Changed the ****#*% spellcheack

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bracoo For This Useful Post:

DapperDon30 (2010-10-09)

GeoHot is being a huge ****** by releasing limera1n. Why? Because limera1n uses an exploit that doesnt require an a4 chip thus being useable on any idevice in the future, iphone 4, ipad 2, ect. He should allow proxy to roll out SHAtter for this gen of the phones and save up limera1n for the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Z3r0Z View Post
    GeoHot is being a huge ****** by releasing limera1n. Why? Because limera1n uses an exploit that doesnt require an a4 chip thus being useable on any idevice in the future, iphone 4, ipad 2, ect. He should allow proxy to roll out SHAtter for this gen of the phones and save up limera1n for the next.

And what are all us with non A4 models going to do?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to xFreestyle For This Useful Post:

bracoo (2010-10-09)

xFreestyle: THAT'S MY EXACT POINT!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bracoo For This Useful Post:

xFreestyle (2010-10-09)

geohotz is truly a gifted hacker I agree but can we also agree he is an attention whore?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to linkrz For This Useful Post:

Rob2G (2010-10-09)

He might be... But I could be dead or you could be ***? We don't know the answer so it would be better to just not speculate...

Quote Originally Posted by xFreestyle View Post
    And what are all us with non A4 models going to do?
    Either wait for 4.2 and the userland jailbreak, or sell your device and buy a 4th gen. I only had to put in $50 extra to buy my 32gb iPhone 4 as an early upgrade after selling my 3GS. It's not worth supporting a few old devices if it ruins the chance of a jailbreak for all 5th gen devices

Will there be an UNLOCK!!

Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    Either wait for 4.2 and the userland jailbreak, or sell your device and buy a 4th gen. I only had to put in $50 extra to buy my 32gb iPhone 4 as an early upgrade after selling my 3GS. It's not worth supporting a few old devices if it ruins the chance of a jailbreak for all 5th gen devices
    A few old devices? More than 70% of the jailbreak community i would guess. Probably more.

Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    Isnt comex working on another jailbreak for 4.2 and 5gen or the cdt... Maby hotz already has one?

Mad Love to all the contributors in the Jailbreak Community. Welcome back Geo.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    He only started working on releasing his lime after the DevTeam announced their ETA. The reason no one's happy about his announcement is that despite being similar, the implementation of the exploit is different and could potentially be useful in JB'ing future idevices...
    Now Apple will just patch both exploits right after :/ :/
    I'm not sure if that really answers my question. Will SHAtter work on next gen iDevices (iPhone 5, etc) even if Apple change the bootrom? Like how they revised the 3GS to a new bootrom after it was pwned4life.

Quote Originally Posted by Funked View Post
    I've got a question:

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

Quote Originally Posted by linkrz View Post
    geohotz is truly a gifted hacker I agree but can we also agree he is an attention whore?
    I would just say he is a truly gifted hacker as is everyone who supplies us with JB/Unlocked iDevices. No need to call a person an "attention whore". It adds absolutely nothing to a conversation and detracts from the good news.

Just my 2 pennies.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XavierAlucard For This Useful Post:

bracoo (2010-10-09), Jmataska (2010-10-09)

Quote Originally Posted by bracoo View Post
    Greenpous0n ONLY works with the A4 (4th gen) devices and NOT any of the older A3 chips...
    LimeRa1n WILL work with all of the A4 and A3 devices so it It is a more universal jailbreak...

To all of you that own an iPhone 4: use greenpois0n... Take advantage of the stability(I hope) and useability of the jailbreak! And what about all of us who don't have an iPhone 4? We will use LimeRa1n as most devices come pre loaded with 4.1 or 4.x we can't downgrade to 3.1.2 to use sn0wbreeze, redsn0w or pawnage tool! so we are THANKFULL for LimeRa1n!

Eitherway be THANKFUL that there are teams out there and people who do make jailbreaks! And I'm pretty dam sure that none of you can make a jailbreak either!
    well said

25. The Following User Says Thank You to kingkong For This Useful Post:

bracoo (2010-10-09)

Quote Originally Posted by bracoo View Post

Grow a brain and read the posts both here and on twitter!! People are grateful for the exploits...what everyone is pissed about is the wasting of a potentially useful future exploit for when the next Gen idevices are released!!

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast