Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: limera1n 10/11/10 jailbreaks all devices?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    geohot's argument is that his exploit is so similar and close to SHAtter that when Apple goes to patch SHAtter they will end up patching his vulnerability too.
    I understand why he wants to release his now then. If it had of been a completely different exploit, my guess is he would of held off and kept his, and let comex release a jb for 3GS users for 4.2.

Still, I'm going to be using greenpois0n. Like I said before, I just think it will be fully tested, all bugs ironed out etc.

It's funny, I bet most of the people who are sucking up to GeoHotz now were among the people who were flaming him for leaving the jb scene in the first place. Now they are defending him just because he has a jb for 3rd gen users.

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

Quote Originally Posted by Funked View Post
    I understand why he wants to release his now then. If it had of been a completely different exploit, my guess is he would of held off and kept his, and let comex release a jb for 3GS users for 4.2.

Still, I'm going to be using greenpois0n. Like I said before, I just think it will be fully tested, all bugs ironed out etc.

It's funny, I bet most of the people who are sucking up to GeoHotz now were among the people who were flaming him for leaving the jb scene in the first place. Now they are defending him just because he has a jb for 3rd gen users.
    Do you realize geohot was the first person to discover the "shatter" exploit.... Which means he has had just as much time if not more to iron out any bugs?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeThomson For This Useful Post:

Jesposo (2010-10-09)

Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    I've always ONLY used stuff from the DevTeam as their work is never rushed, and always properly thought through. Besides they are humble and professional in their dealings with the community.

Not to take anything away from George, (his previous releases helped those it did and messed up those it) but seriously, he can keep his lime (I certainly won't be using it...if he comes out of his "retirement" and joins forces with the DevTeam, then I'll have no choice)!
    You know greenpois0n isn't made by the original dev team right? The chronic dev team are different people

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThomson View Post
    Do you realize geohot was the first person to discover the "shatter" exploit.... Which means he has had just as much time if not more to iron out any bugs?
    From what I've been reading, GeoHotz exploit is another bootrom exploit, very close and similar to SHAtter - but not actually SHAtter. I'm going by what StealthBravo said on this topic, and also what others have said on twitter.

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

IMHO, it's a real shame to burn two perfectly good exploits.

Quote Originally Posted by PSYC0TIC ONE View Post
    i would rather pay for his services then have him "show his age" as he has been since this whole thing started... he drops off the face of the earth then all of a sudden the ******* DAY chronicdev posted their release date, this little drama queen announces limerain... **** that
    keep that god damned drama in high school... big ******* deal, he unlocked the first iphone, do you honestly think that if he didn't someone else wouldn't have??? it was just a matter of time. anyway, LONG LIVE CHRONICDEV AND IPHONE-DEV!!! GeoFag can lick my left nut, he don't rate to touch the right one
    Wow, you're a mental giant. I'm waiting for your jailbreak.... still waiting..... hmmmm...... yeah. You're a ****** that can't put out a jailbreak yet you talk **** about a guy that can. Who's acting like a high schooler?

For all you **** talkers riddle me this.... When Geo's JB was the only one available did you dl it and JB your i? If you did (of course you did) you're a hypocrite. Don't like his work then don't use it but don't be an internet toughy and talk **** about the guy.
    Last edited by rkswat; 2010-10-09 at 12:57 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by l-awstraljan View Post
    Lol greenp0ison / SHAtter is untethered. Havent you been following twitter? It was meant to be a 'surprise' but it was splurted out yesterday that it's untethered
    It is you hthat has not been following Twitter properly. SHAtter IS A TETHERED exploit. It needs userland 'assistance' to become untethered. That means Apple can patch the 'tetheredness' of Greenp0ison so the next time SHAtter is used it might well be tethered.

So Tario70 is correct and you shouldn't mock him before checking your facts.
    If I helped please head on over and smash the Thanks button.

My Personal Cydia source: apt.finalbillybong.com

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

geohot should jailbreak, the xbox 360!!! 

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThomson View Post
    You know greenpois0n isn't made by the original dev team right? The chronic dev team are different people

I'm aware of that...been in the JB business long enough to know who's who....and I still maintain that George should stuff his lime up his ***!

Green Apple
    Thanks

so this JB will not work with 4.2 right? Thats what I am waiting for

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CX3NT3_713 View Post
    geohot should jailbreak, the xbox 360!!! 
    Why? The only thing would be to play cracked games which is just SUPERGAY! don't be such a cheapskate!
    Although if he was to implement a web browser then I would probs use it just because that is the one thing the 360 severely lacks..

Quote Originally Posted by dying4004 View Post
    a'rite guys. shed some light on me who knows about this.

shatter is a flaw in a4 chip which is used in ip4, ipt 4 and ipad. so as long these will be using these chips we will be able to jailbreak with shatter doesnt matter how many firmware gets released as firmwares cant overcome a chipset flaw. RIGHT or WRONG?

limera1n is a bootrom flaw. so untiill a new bootrom is released we will be able to jailbreak with limera1n. RIGHT or WRONG?

how long it takes to release a new bootrom?

Right dude and I'd rather stick with a chipset flaw that can't be easily fixed...fawk geokid!

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok people keep talking about burning 2 exploits, one thing a lot of A4 device owners are not considering is GP does not work on old devices 3GS, 3G and iPod 2g s and limera1n will. Geohot has some ego problems and I don't care for him as a person much but he is a genius and will use his tool if an unlock is ever released for 4.1. I will be using GP to JB my iPad tho. Just seems like non A4 devices were left in the dark on the GP jailbreak release which sux for us 3GS owners cuz it's still a badass phone not like if it were the 1st gen iPhone or something where the hardware can't even support this new firmware. The 3GS can so it should not be left in the dark!

Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    Right dude and I'd rather stick with a chipset flaw that can't be easily fixed...fawk geokid!

Umm from what I understand is SHatter is a bootrom exploit and so is Limera1n and if you do you research bootrom exploits can only be patched by changing the hardware. You clearly have no idea what ur talking about.
    Last edited by vantheman169; 2010-10-09 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well this enable me as someone who has already upgraded to 4.1 to jailbreak using limera1n?

Or will I have to downgrade with my shsh blobs?

Can't wait to jailbreak my iPhone 4 tmr will be a funday!!!

Sound advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWiredHavocMC2.0 View Post
    I think the best course of action is wait a few days and see how many people report issues with either jb.

in any case im leaning more towards Geo

Welcome back Geohot I am happy to see you back

Geohot=sexy
    "Don't hold it like that!"

Quote Originally Posted by santacruzlocal View Post
    What's to say Green P won't be "Buggy"
    Well for one the whole devteam has been working on it instead of some 21 year old kid in his basement

Quote Originally Posted by Chomp-on-this View Post
    Well for one the whole devteam has been working on it instead of some 21 year old kid in his basement
    Hey respect geo.
    Remember he first unlocked d iPhone.
    For me I think he knows more that the devs.
    He may be by himself but he is surly awesome.
    Go geohot!!!!!!

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast