Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Greenpois0n To Be Released This Sunday!

iPhone? More like MyPhone slap690's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    I don't know why they are going to release one for 4.1 when 4.2 is coming out in a month, they should just wait. Also what about the unlocks?
    All the potential Cydia customers and all the potential people to view all the adds on Cydia for an entire month, that may have JUST purchased a new iphone4, I would guess? This jailbreak thing is turning into big business for developers who don't get their app approved on the appstore and also for the themers! Plus if you think about it, the dev team will probably get a sh*tload of donations from people who have been waiting a month or so for a jailbreak, then get donations from the same people when 4.2 comes out and the same people want to upgrade to that and re-jailbreak. were talkin A LOT of $$$. I personally think the dev team deserves every penny they get! They rule this!

so rather then spending months of time devoloping something that will work on all 4.1 devices they wasted there time developing something that works only for the new products.... are these guys being paid by apple or something?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeThomson For This Useful Post:

Dave_Xiavia (2010-10-08)

Great.. I've been following twitter everyday for a jailbreak that wasn't even for my phone.. Haha.. SICK.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyrob2g View Post
    ******* you really need to find out what a "troll" is before calling people one. Look st my post history, I'm not a troll I just dislike geohot.
    57 posts is not enough to build credibility when a chunk of them are devoted solely to bashing geohot.

Bad troll!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

Snozberries (2010-10-08)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by militant View Post
    I'm ready PASS THE GREEN! This might be a little off topic but I wanted to acknowledge everyone who actively and positively contribute to this forum, Some of us don't know too much about iphones, jailbreaks, unlocks basebands firmware etc...so excuse us if we ask a dumb question...some of you get annoyed, turn around and decide the best thing to do is answer back with an unnecessary arrogant and nasty remark, for those of you who help us learn and help us further understand our issues and give us answers to our questions without making us feel inferior, we thank you.
    Sorry if I come across as harsh sometimes.

It's not the individual dumb questions that get us. It's the constant deluge of the same dumb questions over and over when ALL the documentation is on the forum, laid out in well written guides just waiting to be utilised.

I'm not getting at you but when all it takes is a five minute search to find the required information I'm sure you can see why some posters get annoyed.
    If I helped please head on over and smash the Thanks button.

My Personal Cydia source: apt.finalbillybong.com

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThomson View Post
    so rather then spending months of time devoloping something that will work on all 4.1 devices they wasted there time developing something that works only for the new products.... are these guys being paid by apple or something?

This is going to be the worse jailbreak ever! This sucks

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

You act as if they decided what and where the exploit they found is used for. They are at the mercy of what is found.
    Last edited by Captinsmooth; 2010-10-08 at 01:51 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    57 posts is not enough to build credibility when a chunk of them are devoted solely to bashing geohot.

Bad troll!
    Come on man not you too, I have been a member of modmyi all the way back when it was modmyifone.com. Don't start calling me a troll. BTW only like 6 post hate geohot.

Quote Originally Posted by Captinsmooth View Post
    You act as if they decided what and where the exploit they found us used for. They are at the mercy of what is found.
    Im acting as if they could have devoted time to looking for other exploits aswell rather then devoting 100% of there time to this.

whats smarter jailbreaking a certain percentage of devices or ALL devices

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeThomson For This Useful Post:

Dave_Xiavia (2010-10-08)

Thanks

I don't think they are. Come one dude. Screw your head on. These guys work their nuts off to provide us with these tools. Not only that but they are FREE, and your complaining they didn't do it correctly. Maybe you should show us all how it's done.

Oh that's right, you can't.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to FinalBillybong For This Useful Post:

unklbyl (2010-10-08)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FinalBillybong View Post
    Sorry if I come across as harsh sometimes.

It's not the individual dumb questions that get us. It's the constant deluge of the same dumb questions over and over when ALL the documentation is on the forum, laid out in well written guides just waiting to be utilised.

I'm not getting at you but when all it takes is a five minute search to find the required information I'm sure you can see why some posters get annoyed.
    Thanks dude, well said. Love helping people out, but when those questions they ask were answered on the very same thread, it gets frustrating. But in all fairness, I guess they deserve the benefit of the doubt and maybe they just don't have time to read a ton. Well.... Maybe a small, SMALL percentage don't really have the time lol

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

WRECK 'EM TECH!!! Twitter Me: Jared_Mataska
    Or Leave a Thanks...

Nothing new. I called it on a different forum hours before they announced it. Anyone who read the signs would've picked up on it.
    I'm happy though because even though I got this iPhone 4 for free I've been stuck at 4.1 stock for about 3 weeks! Oh well it will soon come to an end!

iPhone? More like MyPhone l-awstraljan's Avatar
    Thanks

@chpwn
    Please remember that SHAtter and greenpoison are /only/ possible on the fourth-gen devices: iPad, iPhone 4, and iPod touch 4G.

Theres your answer, only works for the A4 family guys!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi

19. The Following User Says Thank You to l-awstraljan For This Useful Post:

Dave_Xiavia (2010-10-08)

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Im acting as if they could have devoted time to looking for other exploits aswell rather then devoting 100% of there time to this.

whats smarter jailbreaking a certain percentage of devices or ALL devices
    They have spent well over a year looking for a new bootrom 3gs bootrom exploit. I don't think it's due to lack of effort. It's just how the chips fall my man.

What Time Zone is GMT? is that f-ing England? Wiki is saying that's "Western European Time UTC+0 UTC+1" am I wrong???
    iPhone 4 4.2.1 Untethered

Sweet! I hope the unlock will be released soon after.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lurpticon View Post
    What Time Zone is GMT? is that f-ing England? Wiki is saying that's "Western European Time UTC+0 UTC+1" am I wrong???
    Yes that's f-ing England. Where I live :-) It stands for Greenwich Mean Time if your interested.

Awesome, looking forward to upgrading to 4.1!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Quote Originally Posted by FinalBillybong View Post
    I don't think they are. Come one dude. Screw your head on. These guys work their nuts off to provide us with these tools. Not only that but they are FREE, and your complaining they didn't do it correctly. Maybe you should show us all how it's done.

Oh that's right, you can't.
    your right i cant develop tools to jailbreak phones.. but i am an expert in other fields and i know i wouldnt do something like this.. or at least wouldnt have dragged everyone along letting them think this was for every device... how many articals have been made in the last two months saying that greenpois0n will work on all devices.. did any one of these guys clarify that it would only work on 4th gen.

Everyone asking people to be grateful to these guys for doing this is like asking us to be grateful for someone coming up to you and handing you $100

Maybe geohot will come back and make something that helps the entire community

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast