Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Greenpois0n To Be Released This Sunday!

iPhone? More like MyPhone FURBY8704's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Yes
    you sir have been thanked! =]

iPHONE 3G FW 4.0 JB & iPHONE 4 4.0 READY TO BE JB=]

HELP:
    I was planing on buying the iphone4 and selling my 3GS unlocked but it looks like I'll have to buy the i4 now and wait for 4.2 unlock for the 3GS so I can sell it

is this logical if I'm with AT&T, all I want is jailbreak i4, my concern is are they going to come out with an S model to fix the bootrom exploit or what ever it is? The i4 would of course be on 4.1 when I buy it

My iPhone is a Part of Me Kaospassageraren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gilestyles View Post
    Can Cydia back up my apps/purchases? I'm on 4.01 jailbroken with a perfectly set up phone and when I upgrade to 4.1 to fix proximity sensor and re-jailbreak, I don't want to have to manually download everything again.
    Its called pkg backup so... Yees..
    My Twitter....powderfinger76

iPhone? More like MyPhone Snozberries's Avatar
    Thanks

The day after... My Bday!!! What a present!! TYVM Dev Team!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shanejoe View Post
    HELP:
    I was planing on buying the iphone4 and selling my 3GS unlocked but it looks like I'll have to buy the i4 now and wait for 4.2 unlock for the 3GS so I can sell it

is this logical if I'm with AT&T, all I want is jailbreak i4, my concern is are they going to come out with an S model to fix the bootrom exploit or what ever it is? The i4 would of course be on 4.1 when I buy it
    It is going to take them a while before they release a updated bootrom iPhone 4 so you are good if you want to get an i4 that has 4.1 on it now. You will probably still be good when they have 4.2 on them as well. It is going to take a hardware revision to close this hole. That kind of thing takes time to implement.

A4 chip only...that $uks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So with this new jailbreak work on the 3GS new bootrom as well. I'm still stuck on 3.1.2 and can't wait to get to 4.0. Is there any way?

I wish they make a jb for my iPod touch 3G mc model.
    And I hope it works with ios4.2 when it comes out

Quote Originally Posted by suicidesam View Post
    A4 chip only...that $uks
    I know right

Edit Poseidon: This will only work on the iPhone 4, iPad and iPod Touch 4G. It does /not/ support any older devices as they do not contain the A4 chip that contains the exploit.

Secondly this is not an unlock and will not help those that have updated to 4.0.2 or 4.1.
    [/QUOTE]

So does this mean that it won't work for the iPhone 4 running 4.0.2. I thought the point of this jb was so people on 4.0.2 or maybe even 4.1 can jailbreak the iPhone 4. So wat is the jb for if everyone is running on 4.0.1 or lower can just use jailbreakme.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i3urger View Post
    Edit Poseidon: This will only work on the iPhone 4, iPad and iPod Touch 4G. It does /not/ support any older devices as they do not contain the A4 chip that contains the exploit.

Secondly this is not an unlock and will not help those that have updated to 4.0.2 or 4.1.
    So does this mean that it won't work for the iPhone 4 running 4.0.2. I thought the point of this jb was so people on 4.0.2 or maybe even 4.1 can jailbreak the iPhone 4. So wat is the jb for if everyone is running on 4.0.1 or lower can just use jailbreakme.com[/QUOTE]

Yes and no. It is only for iDevices that have an A4 chip (iPhone 4, iPod 4G, iPad, and ATV) running software 4.1.

WRECK 'EM TECH!!! Twitter Me: Jared_Mataska
    Or Leave a Thanks...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i3urger View Post

So does this mean that it won't work for the iPhone 4 running 4.0.2. I thought the point of this jb was so people on 4.0.2 or maybe even 4.1 can jailbreak the iPhone 4. So wat is the jb for if everyone is running on 4.0.1 or lower can just use jailbreakme.com[/QUOTE]

You can use tiny umbrella to update and preserve your baseband. That way you can unlock and jailbreak on 4.1.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight22 View Post
    So with this new jailbreak work on the 3GS new bootrom as well. I'm still stuck on 3.1.2 and can't wait to get to 4.0. Is there any way?
    You may be able to use the new redsnow for that, but I am not quite sure as I never had a 3GS and had to find out. Keep searching up through this thread, I believe someone addressed this issue earlier.

Or Leave a Thanks...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jmataska View Post
    You may be able to use the new redsnow for that, but I am not quite sure as I never had a 3GS and had to find out. Keep searching up through this thread, I believe someone addressed this issue earlier.
    Redsn0w is just for iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2g

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Jmataska (2010-10-08)

Thanks

So does this mean that it won't work for the iPhone 4 running 4.0.2. I thought the point of this jb was so people on 4.0.2 or maybe even 4.1 can jailbreak the iPhone 4. So wat is the jb for if everyone is running on 4.0.1 or lower can just use jailbreakme.com
    [\QUOTE]You can use tiny umbrella to update and preserve your baseband. That way you can unlock and jailbreak on 4.1.[/QUOTE]

Wont he have to wait for an unlock tool to be released to unlock the iP4 on 4.1?
    Last edited by Jmataska; 2010-10-08 at 10:54 PM.

Or Leave a Thanks...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jmataska View Post
    You can use tiny umbrella to update and preserve your baseband. That way you can unlock and jailbreak on 4.1.
    Wont he have to wait for an unlock tool to be released to unlock the iP4 on 4.1?[/QUOTE]

As long as you use tiny umbrella to preserve your baseband on iPhone 4 then ultrasn0w will still work for it on 4.1.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Jmataska (2010-10-08)

Kinda funny it's being released on Sunday the date will be 10-10-10 in other words October 10, 2010

I bet they release it at 10:10.10am to lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shanejoe View Post
    Kinda funny it's being released on Sunday the date will be 10-10-10 in other words October 10, 2010

I bet they release it at 10:10.10am to lol
    Welcome to the party
    That's what they said they are doing

Wont he have to wait for an unlock tool to be released to unlock the iP4 on 4.1?
    As long as you use tiny umbrella to preserve your baseband on iPhone 4 then ultrasn0w will still work for it on 4.1.[/QUOTE]

What about the people with .02 baseband? There currently ins't an unlock for that baseband is there? Any news on if one will be released when greenpoison is released?

Thanks

As long as you use tiny umbrella to preserve your baseband on iPhone 4 then ultrasn0w will still work for it on 4.1.
    Great, thanks. I did not realized it would work.

Or Leave a Thanks...

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast