Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Greenpois0n To Be Released This Sunday!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tkawika View Post
    Hmmm, Ok, I have read about 10-15 pages of the responses and have yet found an answer. I have Ip4 shipped with 4.02. From this Updated Post "Secondly this is not an unlock and will not help those that have updated to 4.0.2 or 4.1" if this statement is correct then I cannot JB my IP4. Then what is the difference between this and Jailbreakme? Please correct my ignorance or misinformation.. Thank you
    But there is a solution to this. That's if you're still on baseband 1.59.00 which is unlockable. Just follow the guide here.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyrob2g View Post
    Before you update To 4.1 you can use Tiny umbrella to update to 4.1 and preserve your baseband. Here you go unlockers.

Guide to Update iPhone 4 to iOS 4.1 While Preserving Baseband 1.59.00 | iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by cantfucious View Post
    so basically, if you have a 3GS, you're stuck without a 4.1 jailbreak.
    I kept away from 4.0 and 4.0.1, waiting for a bunch of my pkgs to be updated before making the jump. Now that I'm ready, I'm left behind on 3.1.3
    ):
    I don't care about 4.0/1, I just want to be on 4.1
    FALSE, 4.1 is JAILBREAKable for every iPhone starting this Sunday or whenever GreenPoisi0n is released

But Unlocking it for any carrier is not currently possible on the new baseband which is why ppl are trying to preserve there baseband so that they can unlock it when they go to 4.1, be aware this is only possible if you can downgrade to 3.1.2 because of custom firmwares and blackra1n but that's another thread

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hmmmmmmmmm Cool!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shanejoe View Post
    FALSE, 4.1 is JAILBREAKable for every iPhone starting this Sunday or whenever GreenPoisi0n is released

But Unlocking it for any carrier is not currently possible on the new baseband which is why ppl are trying to preserve there baseband so that they can unlock it when they go to 4.1, be aware this is only possible if you can downgrade to 3.1.2 because of custom firmwares and blackra1n but that's another thread
    You need to read the first post again I think. Only works on the A4 devices.

Quote Originally Posted by cqshe1423 View Post
    But there is a solution to this. That's if you're still on baseband 1.59.00 which is unlockable. Just follow the guide here.
    EDIT: I would assume this no longer works as it states "this only works as long as Apple is still signing 4.0.2"

Or are they still signing something from amonth ago?

Thanks

EDIT: I would assume this no longer works as it states "this only works as long as Apple is still signing 4.0.2"

Or are they still signing something from amonth ago?
    It only works on iPhone 4. And yes it still works. It was just saying you need 4.0.2 SHSH back then if you were on 4.1 already because while Apple was still signing 4.0.2 it was actually possible to downgrade iPhone 4 baseband.

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    You need to read the first post again I think. Only works on the A4 devices.
    Are you stating that GreenPois0n is only for iphone4?

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Blows me away that all of the devteam and others even still do this. All the ungrateful whiny people that have joined this community in the past year or so really ruined a good thing. I wouldn't give you guys jack after what's been said here, various other sites and on twitter. Buncha ungrateful, self centered children you lot are. I'm beginning to wonder which member is going to slag off this community because of thieves and whiny children.
    I have referenced this site, since the original iphone; but after seeing all the post similar to the one I quoted, I have decided to register and clear things up. To those like KartRacer and all the others that share this mindset... the one that believes: "Users should be grateful that dev teams create such tools, and we are blessed to use them. Be grateful, bow down, and shut up." Please understand that these dev teams, one way or another, are running a business. By all means, correct me if I am wrong, but Cydia is an unrestricted app store to most users. Surely you are aware that most of the apps that Cydia carries have a purchase price. That means somewhere down the line these devs are getting paid.

The average user is under the impression that the dev-teams are making a way for users to jailbreak. I think we all agree that this is true. Thus, the average user uses the tool the make and become a customer, they spend money for products and like any customer, expect it to be properly maintained so they can properly use what they bought. Not like a car mind you, more in the sense that customers expect AT&T to "maintain" and enhance the network they rely on to use the phone they bought. I believe this is reasonable, and once you see it from their perspective maybe you guys will understand and either correct the misunderstanding or cease this "all must worship the devs" attitude.

If I have somehow messed up in my logic here, please offer to clear things up.

EDIT: SEE MY NEXT POST
    Last edited by Just'N; 2010-10-08 at 07:42 PM.

And iPad, and iPod Touch 4G. That is all so far.

This will tell you about every other model:
    iOS 4.2 Jailbreak for iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad & iPod touch 4G / 3G via Comex?s Userland Jailbreak | Redmond Pie

Thanks

Only iDevices with the A4 chip. iPhone 4, new itouch, and iPad. Also ATV Sry...

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

WRECK 'EM TECH!!! Twitter Me: Jared_Mataska
    Or Leave a Thanks...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KBI2113 View Post
    And iPad, and iPod Touch 4G. That is all so far.

This will tell you about every other model:
    iOS 4.2 Jailbreak for iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad & iPod touch 4G / 3G via Comex?s Userland Jailbreak | Redmond Pie
    And apple TV too, anything that uses the A4 chip.

On the 1st post it says that it only works for ip 4 ipad and ipod 4g
    Instagram: zplit
    Twitter: zplit

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    And apple TV too, anything that uses the A4 chip.
    Ok just a question so dont make a big deal of it...
    Whats the point of jailbreak itv?
    U get to get all the rents movies for free? Or what?..
    Just sayin guys i like to know
    Instagram: zplit
    Twitter: zplit

I made my first post before reading the car analogy, which I find to be funny, because I pointed out this is not like buying and maintaining a car (though nice touch by adding the wheel locks). Anyway, I'm curious about the accuracy of that analogy. The writer of it makes it seem like no chronic dev-team/dev-team/exploit discover etc etc sells anything to the jailbreak community. If this is the case, then I would agree; they don't "owe" it to the community and we should be thankful.... but I still don't buy into the whole "bow down to the devs" attitude, and this is why.

If they didn't make it, someone else will. This is because people are now making money off Cydia, and that is where everything changes. Saurik would have to step up, and get it done; because lets face it: he and the developers wont want to lose out on the money being made. The jailbreak community is no longer a free playground, people are paying money... point made

Quote Originally Posted by tkawika View Post
    Hmmm, Ok, I have read about 10-15 pages of the responses and have yet found an answer. I have Ip4 shipped with 4.02. From this Updated Post "Secondly this is not an unlock and will not help those that have updated to 4.0.2 or 4.1" if this statement is correct then I cannot JB my IP4. Then what is the difference between this and Jailbreakme? Please correct my ignorance or misinformation.. Thank you
    Correct me if im wrong but those with an ip4 on 4.0.2 dont have an updated baseband and can update to 4.1 with tiny unbrella without updating their baseband so can in fact still have an unlock. And yes you can still jailbreak it difference between the two are jailbreakme was userland and was patched in 4.0.2.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ngmead View Post
    Correct me if im wrong but those with an ip4 on 4.0.2 dont have an updated baseband and can update to 4.1 with tiny unbrella without updating their baseband so can in fact still have an unlock. And yes you can still jailbreak it difference between the two are jailbreakme was userland and was patched in 4.0.2.
    You are correct

iPhone? More like MyPhone FURBY8704's Avatar
    Thanks

I just received a new iphone 4 with 4.1 installed...will i be able to JB??

iPHONE 3G FW 4.0 JB & iPHONE 4 4.0 READY TO BE JB=]

Okay this is the first time I've seen this dangit...

I was planing on buying the iphone4 and selling my 3GS unlocked but it looks like I'll have to buy the i4 now and wait for 4.2 unlock for the 3GS so I can sell it

is this logical if I'm with AT&T, all I want is jailbreak i4, my concern is are they going to come out with an S model to fix the bootrom exploit or what ever it is?

JAILBREAK INFO- from the website

The SHAtter exploit based GreenPois0n tool is all set to arrive on October 10. But unfortunately, it will only jailbreak the fourth-generation devices like the iPhone 4, iPad, iPod touch 4G and the Apple TV 2G. This limitation is because of the nature of how the low level bootrom exploit SHAtter works.

Both the members of iPhone and Chronic Dev Teams have confirmed that the creator of Spirit and JailbreakMe, Comex, has more userland exploits in possession which can jailbreak iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 3G in future. But don’t expect him to release them anytime soon. Since userland exploits can easily be patched by Apple, they are going to wait for Apple to release the final version of iOS 4.2 before releasing the new userland based jailbreak.

@geraldo72 no, the underlying SHAtter exploit doesn’t work on that device. Wait for the next userland JB from comex for that.

@Jerometick something like that wouldn’t be before official 4.2 is out (at the very least)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FURBY8704 View Post
    I just received a new iphone 4 with 4.1 installed...will i be able to JB??
    Yes

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

FURBY8704 (2010-10-08)

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast