Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Greenpois0n To Be Released This Sunday!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

If you didnt save your SHSH for 4.0.1 before August 19th then it is too late now.

Okay - My iPhone4 is on 4.02 with no shsh files saved. Im glad that this release will allow me to jailbreak!

Default Ipod Touch 3G 4.1
    So for those of us with a 3g on 4.1 we're screwed?

Quote Originally Posted by playstation777 View Post
    For Unlock yes for Jailbreak no, but now that they have it jailbroken more ppl will be trying to unlock it

Thanks

He is talking about a iPod touch 3G. To answer him yes you are screwed, for now. I am sure there will be another jailbreak for all devices at some point though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello there...

First of all... i understand GP will work only in A4 devices... But i would like to share my history just to verify if there is something else that i can do.

I purchased an iPhone 3Gs old bootroom with 4.0.1 three weeks ago, as soon i received the iDevice i saved the SHSH with TUmbrella... Then i used jailbreakme and i saved my shsh with cydia too...

Everything was working fine until last tuesday, I opened cydia to check what's new... Cydia crashed on reloading data screen... the iPhone restarted by itself... and then was not booting into the springboard anymore... It got stuck on the apple logo.

I arrived home, and i cant restored it... for my surprise i noticed that the SHSH saved on Umbrella was for 4.1 and not for 4.0.1... I tried with snowbreeze since i was prev jailbroken and nothing... Basically i tried everything i learned on forums and websites... but nothing... so i decided to update the idevice with an stock 4.1 firmware, at least to use it as an iPod.

So... of course I understand that im screwed on 4.1 with baseband 5.14.02... BUT... Do you know guys what else i should do? or why this weird situation happened to my iDevice?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Not on Sunday, no

Edit: sorry that was a response to the iPod 2G question
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-10-08 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What a great birthday present this is going to make. Thanks for the great news. Can't wait for Sunday.

can't wait for Sunday..jailbroken phone and football

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KARLOZcr View Post
    Hello there...

First of all... i understand GP will work only in A4 devices... But i would like to share my history just to verify if there is something else that i can do.

I purchased an iPhone 3Gs old bootroom with 4.0.1 three weeks ago, as soon i received the iDevice i saved the SHSH with TUmbrella... Then i used jailbreakme and i saved my shsh with cydia too...

Everything was working fine until last tuesday, I opened cydia to check what's new... Cydia crashed on reloading data screen... the iPhone restarted by itself... and then was not booting into the springboard anymore... It got stuck on the apple logo.

I arrived home, and i cant restored it... for my surprise i noticed that the SHSH saved on Umbrella was for 4.1 and not for 4.0.1... I tried with snowbreeze since i was prev jailbroken and nothing... Basically i tried everything i learned on forums and websites... but nothing... so i decided to update the idevice with an stock 4.1 firmware, at least to use it as an iPod.

So... of course I understand that im screwed on 4.1 with baseband 5.14.02... BUT... Do you know guys what else i should do? or why this weird situation happened to my iDevice?
    Nothing weird happened to you. Apple stopped signing 4.0.1 on August 19th, so that was the last day you could save SHSH for 4.0.1.

No you aren't. Use the new Redsn0w.

Thanks

BTW for people looking for help, please either search or start a new thread. This thread is to talk about the upcoming release of greenpoison, not a support thread for other issues.

Thanks

Not at all! I used the new redsnow for my old 3G on 4.1 n it worked great!!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

WRECK 'EM TECH!!! Twitter Me: Jared_Mataska
    Or Leave a Thanks...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Why not unlock? Baseband is 1.59.00 which is unlockable. IP4 can upgrade to stock 4.1 with TSS server to preserve baseband.
    Yep, that is correct. If you're upgrading using TSS server/tiny umbrella to preserve the baseband 1.59.00, then yes, it's unlockable.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cqshe1423 View Post
    Yep, that is correct. If you're upgrading using TSS server/tiny umbrella to preserve the baseband 1.59.00, then yes, it's unlockable.
    My point exactly

And here I was thinking I was misleading people. Not really lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tkawika View Post
    Hmmm, Ok, I have read about 10-15 pages of the responses and have yet found an answer. I have Ip4 shipped with 4.02. From this Updated Post "Secondly this is not an unlock and will not help those that have updated to 4.0.2 or 4.1" if this statement is correct then I cannot JB my IP4. Then what is the difference between this and Jailbreakme? Please correct my ignorance or misinformation.. Thank you
    Yes you can jailbreak your ip4 but you cannot unlock it in order to use other network. Jailbreak and Unlock are totally different things.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to cqshe1423 For This Useful Post:

tkawika (2010-10-08)

Thanks

Yes you can jailbreak your ip4 but you cannot unlock it in order to use other network. Jailbreak and Unlock are totally different things.
    Yes as cqshe just stated, jailbreak and unlock are two different things. Jailbreak allows you to modify your phone, graphically, etc... An unlock will allow you to use a carrier other than AT&T. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

WRECK 'EM TECH!!! Twitter Me: Jared_Mataska
    Or Leave a Thanks...

Correct, the "unlock" for the baseband of 5.14.x is not out yet so you can't "unlock" it for any carrier/network use
    But you can "jailbreak" it.
    In order to even be able to "unlock" it you must first jailbreak which is why most ppl want this jailbreak and others like me for HDR photos

About a month ago I didn't know the difference either, it's all a learning process

so basically, if you have a 3GS, you're stuck without a 4.1 jailbreak.
    I kept away from 4.0 and 4.0.1, waiting for a bunch of my pkgs to be updated before making the jump. Now that I'm ready, I'm left behind on 3.1.3
    ):
    I don't care about 4.0/1, I just want to be on 4.1

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast