Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Greenpois0n To Be Released This Sunday!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    You're an ignorant fool for saying such a thing. Geohot has provided jailbreaks for us even when the dev team didn't have one out. So what he may be cocky and yeah he stopped, but with users constantly wanting more more more more, how long would you last? And what good have you done for the jailbreak community?
    BTW I know how people are wanting more and more for free I use alot of my free time writing hackintosh drivers for the Dell xps series computers. I get tons of messages on insanley Mac every day. I own a Mac center in northern Utah. I most likely know more about anything apple then you ever will so don't you start in on me calling me a fool because I don't do thing for the idevice community. I don't do phones. Yeah geohot was good at it, But I'm bitter over the PS3 I lost all respect for him when he bailed on the PS3. I sent him atleast 20 emails after he "retired" even offering to buy the source to his "firmware" so I could try to Finnish it and release it but he never even took the time to return my email saying no.

I hate geohot because he posted a ps3 exploit that did nothing at the time on the Internet. Making Sony update the ps3 to remove the other os. Now I have not hacked my ps3. I don't need a "back up loader". But I do play on the PSN. I can't play on the PSN unless I update, the update removed the other os and my YDL install so now I don't have YDL. All because he posted an exploit then posted a video of a custom firmware to re-enable other os that he never released or sourced to another dev. That's why I hate geohot. He just wanted the attention.

I have never used geohotz tools and I won't. He did good things for the idevice community but ****** the non pirating PS3 community over. If I ever saw him face to face I would most likely physically hurt him for the ******** he pulled with the PS3 with out even a sorry.
    Last edited by Rob2G; 2010-10-08 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    This is going to make helping people harder eventually. Think of the questions, is your phone old bootrom, new bootrom, A4 bootrom, A4 new bootrom (which apple will eventually release to close the Shatter exploit). Could get a bit confusing lol
    It's my understanding that Apple CAN NOT close the exploit for those devices with the A4 processor in them (iPhone 4, iPad, etc.) There should be no confusion since this software only works on the iPhone 4, iPad. Only thing you will have to be concerned about is for those who are unlocked, before updating you would need to make sure your unlock will still hold.

Oh yeah I meant to ask someone...with this new jb coming when future version of iOS come out, will the update still wipe the jailbreak (meaning you have to reinstall all your ****-ugh) or will the jailbreak remain on your phone?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Dayvidpriddy; 2010-10-08 at 10:14 AM.
    "Don't hold it like that!"

Quote Originally Posted by tkawika View Post
    Hmmm, Ok, I have read about 10-15 pages of the responses and have yet found an answer. I have Ip4 shipped with 4.02. From this Updated Post "Secondly this is not an unlock and will not help those that have updated to 4.0.2 or 4.1" if this statement is correct then I cannot JB my IP4. Then what is the difference between this and Jailbreakme? Please correct my ignorance or misinformation.. Thank you
    You CAN jailbreak you iPhone 4 - Greenpois0n will jailbreak any iphone 4 you will just need to update to 4.1 - the big issue is IF you need a unlock (ie you use a mobile carrier other then the one the iPhone 4 is locked to)then by updating to 4.1 you would get a new baseband that Ultrasn0w will not work on - SO IF you need to unlock and you are on 4.0.2 wait for a pwnage tool that can preserve the baseband - If you are 4.1 then you can't unlock at present so get a sim for the official carrier!
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Robcoffee For This Useful Post:

tkawika (2010-10-08)

Thanks

Before you update To 4.1 you can use Tiny umbrella to update to 4.1 and preserve your baseband. Here you go unlockers.

Guide to Update iPhone 4 to iOS 4.1 While Preserving Baseband 1.59.00 | iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by chris-tt View Post
    Basically a jailbreak and an unlock are two different things.

A jailbreak allows you to install custom software and modify every aspect of your phone, but the phone is sill locked to your network provider.

An unlock doesn't let you modify your phone in any way, but it let's you use the phone on any phone network you want to.

So to answer the question, yes you will be able to jailbreak, but you won't be able to unlock.
    Thank you for the response. I finally got through almost all the posts and I think the way it was originally posted caused the confusion with me. Posieden posted it will work will all A4 devices on all firmwares. I understand the difference between unlock and JB, but well defined. Again, Thank you for your response.

thanks guys!!...but what about ipad 4.X as the ipad firmware isn't release offically until next month?

Thanks

My advice-whenever the next unlock is released never update to lose ur unlock or jailbreak. Never. Also iTunes 10 no longer reminds u to update everytime u plug ur iPhone in to sync media which is great!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    My advice-whenever the next unlock is released never update to lose ur unlock or jailbreak. Never. Also iTunes 10 no longer reminds u to update everytime u plug ur iPhone in to sync media which is great!
    My iTunes always ask me to update. Your a lucky man.

sorry will this JB ipad 3.2.2? as the offical firmware for ipad 4.2 isn't out until next month? which isn't 4.1?

Quote Originally Posted by gsmumbo View Post
    I've explained this before. They do owe the community something. By "they" I don't mean Chronic or Dev Team or Geohot or any of them. Essentially, I mean Saurik. In the early days of jailbreak yes, it was done for free, nobody owed anyone anything, etc etc etc. But at a certain point between then and now Saurik created an app store in Cydia. This is the turning point. He setup a system for 3rd parties to collect payment for applications. As soon as the first payment was made then it changed the game and yes, the community is owed a jailbreak. It is two sided, first the users that purchased apps on the jailbreak are owed a jailbreak so they can use that which they purchased. Second the developers are owed a jailbreak so that they can provide support for that which they sold. Think of it as if Apple disabled all app support on the iPhone. Every dev, every customer would be in an uproar and there would probably be lawsuits. It is the same here in that Saurik set up a system for commerce on the iPhone. There is now a responsibility to allow the support resulting from that to continue. The dev teams, while they themselves don't owe the community are the ones who have the knowledge to make that happen. But even if all the dev teams quit, there would still be a necessity to have the jailbreak. Not a want, but a necessity.

(FYI, I just joined in on this thread so I'm not defending any previous posts I have made as this is my first post on this thread. Just explaining why a jailbreak is owed to the community and explaining who ulitmately owes it/who is actually able to make it happen.)
    I know this subject has been beaten to death,but I feel an obligation to say something about the "Owed" "Deserved" "Required" JB from Saurik or anyone else. This is utter crap. Saurik sells a service for JB devices. He provides a venue for developers who have been shunned or rejected by Apple. He has NO obligation to provide the tool to use his store. On the business front, it would behoove Saurik (and all Cydia App developers) to fund a JB tool to expand his (their) marketplace to increase his (their)profits. But in noway is he obligated or even should be expected to provide a JB tool. The act of JB’ing a device in itself is modifying the base software package of a multi-billion dollar corporation Protected mass produced product. If you JB your device, you have accepted all the consequences of this act. Like; Voided Warranties, Software lockups and freezes, backing up SHSH’s, Battery Loss, managing updates and many more items that can occur on JB device. Some of these actions can and will prevent you from accessing Cydia and de-jailbreak your phone. Saurik has offered a way to allow you to fix some of these mistakes with his SHSH backups. Now, the only person who is obligated to do anything in youself. IF you want to continue to use Cydia, then you must protect your investment, not the other way around.

I applaud all the dev teams and anyone who helps with all the JB tools. Especially, since they don’t charge for the tool. I have donated to almost all the big groups and I will continue to donate. The act of donating, is to give for past, present, and future tools. Also, for all the people who say they would pay up to $50 for the tool. I challenge you to pay the amount you believe is fair to dev team if the JB works for you.

Thanks again to all developers for all your hard work..

Quote Originally Posted by abhixclusive View Post
    Is there any way i can downgrade my 3gs ios4.1 on baseband 5.14.02 without shsh blobs..! or any jailbreak tool in near future..?
    No you can't downgrade but yea there will be a jailbreak eventually.. Just not any time soon

waiting for this moment quietly, thanks for the hard work ! by the way it´s like a birthday present with a couple of days of difference !
    iPhone 4 with 4.1 Out of the box

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

just read some tweets from @Chronicdevteam and i they said this will only work on A4 devices IE Ipad, Ipod Touch 4g ect. And not 3Gs 4.1 =(

@chronicdevteam
    To clarify, the reason it does not work on non-A4 devices is not because we are lazy, but simply because it can't be exploited on them.

@chronicdevteam
    To those that are asking, A4 / S5L8930 devices are iPhone 4, iPad, iPod touch 4, and AppleTV 2.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Lovely so now I have to wait for the iPhone 5.

I am tempted to jump on the AVOID bandwagon..

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    It's my understanding that Apple CAN NOT close the exploit for those devices with the A4 processor in them (iPhone 4, iPad, etc.) There should be no confusion since this software only works on the iPhone 4, iPad. Only thing you will have to be concerned about is for those who are unlocked, before updating you would need to make sure your unlock will still hold.

Oh yeah I meant to ask someone...with this new jb coming when future version of iOS come out, will the update still wipe the jailbreak (meaning you have to reinstall all your ****-ugh) or will the jailbreak remain on your phone?

Thanks!
    Please understand what I was saying. I did write another post clarifying it just after this one. I am not saying this jailbreak is confusing. It is not, it is clear what this will work on and what it wont. This jailbreak will however at some point lead to apple releasing these devices with a updated bootrom closing the Shatter exploit, just like they did with new bootrom 3GS. All I was saying is that with all these bootroms that are going to be flying around it will be harder to keep track of in the future.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

awesome guys!!! can't wait!!! 

Hello whats the latest news with the new Iphone4 ios4.1 MC model jailbreak how much closer before it releases?

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    just read some tweets from @Chronicdevteam and i they said this will only work on A4 devices IE Ipad, Ipod Touch 4g ect. And not 3Gs 4.1 =(

@chronicdevteam
    To clarify, the reason it does not work on non-A4 devices is not because we are lazy, but simply because it can't be exploited on them.

@chronicdevteam
    To those that are asking, A4 / S5L8930 devices are iPhone 4, iPad, iPod touch 4, and AppleTV 2.
    so 3gs owners are in deep water.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Xiavia View Post
    Lovely so now I have to wait for the iPhone 5.

I am tempted to jump on the AVOID bandwagon..
    Okay cool. Do it...

WRECK 'EM TECH!!! Twitter Me: Jared_Mataska
    Or Leave a Thanks...

After reading a bunch about the jailbreak / unlock deal I'm still confused...ive got an iphone 4 w/ 4.0.2 my baseband is 1.59.....what can I do to be able to unlock? If I'm not mistaken I read about using tiny umbrella...when I update to 4.1 to retain my 1.59 baseband...then I can jailbreak once greenpoison is out...but how will I go about unlocking?

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast