Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dev-Team Begins Testing SHAtter Exploit: Root Access Granted

That is a fake site - nothing on that site should be believed.

[Edit]OK - I missed all the posts since #74 which I was replying too... D'Oh![/Edit]
    Last edited by confucious; 2010-09-27 at 08:45 PM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Halten77 View Post
    Greenpois0n is B.S. , but that's just my side of the argument. Leave it to the pros: Dev Team. I don't want anything "Chronic"
    funny how some peopel swear by the dev team like they are gods. i always laugh when I hear them say "stay awayz fr0m this update1!1! *huge danger*!11!"
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JMCollins128 View Post
    Don't be greedy... Back in the original iPhone day.. You waited a lot longer...
    That's not what I was saying. What I was saying is that Chronic Dev has been working on it for weeks. Why is the Dev Team just now starting? That's all. Not impatient or greedy. Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Halten77 View Post
    Greenpois0n is B.S. , but that's just my side of the argument. Leave it to the pros: Dev Team. I don't want anything "Chronic"
    That's funny. The past 3 major jailbreak releases haven't been from the Dev Team.....
    Last edited by ShredNasty; 2010-09-27 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

nice nice keep up the good work.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jmataska View Post
    Quick question, and no smart a** replies. If im not worried about a carrier unlock and only want the jailbreak, should i be concerned with what baseband my phone is currently running on? Thanks in advance!
    The only reason you may want to pay attention to the BB would be if you plan on reselling the phone next summer if/when you get the new model. An unlocked iPhone can fetch a loftier price than a locked one. That's the only reason I'm trying to keep mine on 1.59 as long as possible.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

Jmataska (2010-09-27), The_13th_Plague (2010-09-27)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    That's not what I was saying. What I was saying is that Chronic Dev has been working on it for weeks. Why is the Dev Team just now starting? That's all. Not impatient or greedy. Just wondering.

That's funny. The past 3 major jailbreak releases haven't been from the Dev Team.....
    I would guess to say that anyone knowledgable that could help in testing would probably be a good guess

Edit Poseidon - This user has been banned for 7 days for repeatedly posting fake jailbreak links.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2010-09-27 at 11:28 PM.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

^ What is your problem?
    No such tweet and no such link.
    Do you get off on being an idiot?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (2010-09-27)

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    FINALLY W00t!!!!!!!

@pod2g via twitter:

"We thought surprising you would be even better than giving an ETA. Download tool on chronic blog HERE"

LINKz0rs Edit Poseidon - Link deleted

Looks that way Confucious, Rick Astley called him an idiot too.
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mj0528 View Post
    I would guess to say that anyone knowledgable that could help in testing would probably be a good guess
    And again, that's not what I was saying. Im not retarded. I know WHY they're working on it.

The question was, (and please don't reply if you don't know) why the delay in dev team help? It is a legitimate question. Between delayed collaboration and pod2g's exit from chronic dev, it makes me curious. Drama? Idk. That's why I'm asking.

Again, I'm not questioning why or wondering when it'll be released.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

^ are you serious?
    Do you think that just because you have heard nothing that no one has been doing anything?

can't wait for this.

We all can't wait for this ......

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah really.

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

I know this question has been answered in a separate thread for what I'm assuming is a different Jail break. Does anyone know if this is going to be compatible with the 3gs, I just need to know if I'm wasting my time with my 3gs and maybe need to bring on the i4.

Sorry if it's been answered in the past, I just haven't found that clear answer relating to this up and coming break. I know there was mention that it will do all devices but I'm not sure if that excludes 3gs, I'm guessing all devices means iPhone, iPad and iPod.

BTW, well done to the DEV team on the progress.

Quote Originally Posted by neonshad0w View Post
    The iPhone 4's baseband can already be preserved when upgrading to 4.1 with TinyUmbrella, whats the point. I can upgrade to 4.1 now, while preserving my 1.59 baseband with TinyUmbrella, then jailbreak with greenpois0n when its released. NO NEED FOR PWNAGETOOL.
    are you the only one with an iPhone?
    There are 100s of thousands of people who got their phone shipped with OS4.1 and they are eagerly awaiting for a JB, .
    And unlike you, we are grateful for the DEV Team for their hard work and however inpatient we are, we sit tight and wait without complaining (most of us anyway).
    mod edit
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2010-09-28 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    Looks that way Confucious, Rick Astley called him an idiot too.
    I KNEW he'd never let me down.
    Quaerite et invenietis.

Thanks

^Tone down the language........

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    And again, that's not what I was saying. Im not retarded. I know WHY they're working on it.

The question was, (and please don't reply if you don't know) why the delay in dev team help? It is a legitimate question. Between delayed collaboration and pod2g's exit from chronic dev, it makes me curious. Drama? Idk. That's why I'm asking.

Again, I'm not questioning why or wondering when it'll be released.
    Exactly as stated above. What do you expect??? A blog post every week that says "Still trying hard to find an exploit and BB crash and develop a payload and vulnerability.. And if amd when that happens we will package it all together for the end user."

What you don't see is the collaborative effort behind the scenes! Chronic dev usually feeds their exploits to the dev team for final use such as the 24kpwn exploit used in pwnage and redsn0w. Comex found an exploit but had to turn it to saurik to finish for his jailbreak. The dev team works with everyone including independent devs which have found the last several baseband crashes. You need to watch what you say around here omg.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast