Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsn0w 0.9.6b1 : iOS 4.1/4.0 Jailbreak for iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptBojank View Post
    Jailbreakable - yes
    Unlockable - no
    I could care less about the unlock, but jailbreak would be nice.

I got into dfu mode and found out I'm running the old bootloader..What is the easiest way to jailbreak?? redsn0w??

And Ive check for my Blobs with tinyumbrella and theres nothing..checked everyone I could.3.0-4.0.2

Quote Originally Posted by Thatskanyon View Post
    Hey guys,

I stumbled upon this video from this guy Birdice. He claims that he has successfully jailbroken iphone 4 on ios4.1 .. a little sketchy.. but apparently hes releasing his method on wednesday sept 22, 2010.. maybe we should keep an eye out.. heres the link.. YouTube - JAILBREAK 4.1 FOR IPHONE 4

Edit: he claims to have jailbroken all iDevices, including the iphone 4.. I dunno.. true? BS? ur call

I hope that this is legit! Seems like other are stepping up to the plate now, maybe because they are sick of waiting for the same devs to come out with the software. Also I wouldn't be surprised if he did get dissed by the dev-teams, I would imagine they did it because they want all the glory, not some Mexicano lol If they do release it today I will try it. They are the only ones who actually showed their iphone 4 going through the process. All other "fake" greenpois0n videos didn't.

If people are stupid enough to use Sn0wbreeze, please do not come crying when it goes wrong and you lose your unlock.
    It might work for some but the failure rate is horrendous.
    Steer clear if you value your phone.
    As for the YouTube videos, haven't you guys realised yet that they are all fake?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

lightmaster (2010-09-28), moon#pie (2010-09-22)

Jesus, do people not read OP's or do the tiniest amount of research for themselves before asking the same questions over and over again? What is it with todays culture where many can't be bothered to do a tiny amount of thinking for themselves instead just asking questions on forums?

I'm by no means a JB expert, far far from it, but even I can work out from the OP what this latest JB is for, will do and more over won't do.

Stop asking questions that have already been answered. Just spend a few minutes reading previous post!

Sorry, rant over.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to baskie For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (2010-09-22)

How can I downgrade???????? Helppp

How can you downgrade what?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I hope an UNLOCK comes out soon for the baseband 5.14.02 - am stuck - without mail / facebook - nothing - have gone retro on a keypad based old Nokia.

Curse the very moment - I upgraded the phone to iOS 4.1

Anyone - any luck - please help ! ...

The exploit used for UltrSn0w has been blocked. To make another unlock would need another BB exploit and, as far as I know, no one has found one yet.
    I'm really not sure anyone will any time soon.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What does tehtered or untethered mean?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Thatskanyon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Superman0069 View Post
    I hope that this is legit! Seems like other are stepping up to the plate now, maybe because they are sick of waiting for the same devs to come out with the software. Also I wouldn't be surprised if he did get dissed by the dev-teams, I would imagine they did it because they want all the glory, not some Mexicano lol If they do release it today I will try it. They are the only ones who actually showed their iphone 4 going through the process. All other "fake" greenpois0n videos didn't.
    Yeah, still waiting for this guy to release. On his twitter he is now asking for beta testers.. I'm really starting to get pissed. I hear of exploits and such, but we don't see any proof other than from these Mexican guys. Chronic dev hasn't given an update since the 17th. The way I see it, there's nothing to really look forward to.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DannyArmz View Post
    What does tehtered or untethered mean?
    Tethered means that you have to plug ur phone into ur computer and run the jailbreak again everytime u turn off your phone or it dies from no battery power or a reboot. Untethered means u can reboot etc. Without having to run the jailbreak tool again.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thatskanyon For This Useful Post:

DannyArmz (2010-09-22), Newbee123 (2010-09-22)

I have upgraded my 3G to 4.1

When I installed SBSettings, I received a Activator error telling me the OS was not updated. Also the iPhone doesn't respring automatically when you make a change in SBSettings and go to the home screen. Hopefully a update will come soon.

MyWi works great with 4.1

I do get some occasional springboard crashes after respring.

Thanks

I found another vid from the Mexican hackers. He actually ran Cydia and it worked. He says that thus week will be the beta release for people he chooses to test. Next week the final tool will be released.. I hope lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aDPQEbFTzQ

Thanks

Don't forget
    To hit the thanks button.

Don't forget
    What? For linking to a fake?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

DannyArmz (2010-09-22)

iPhone? More like MyPhone dale2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by honeydharam View Post
    I hope an UNLOCK comes out soon for the baseband 5.14.02 - am stuck - without mail / facebook - nothing - have gone retro on a keypad based old Nokia.

Curse the very moment - I upgraded the phone to iOS 4.1

Anyone - any luck - please help ! ...
    i kinda miss those old nokias
    they wouldnt die
    and i wish i could find that t9 for the sms app on iphone

Don't forget
    how did you mess up the automerge?
    Last edited by dale2; 2010-09-22 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I found another vid from the Mexican hackers. He actually ran Cydia and it worked. He says that thus week will be the beta release for people he chooses to test. Next week the final tool will be released.. I hope lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aDPQEbFTzQ
    Maybe you haven't been around long enough to realize stupid people like to forecast timelines of fake jailbreaks to TRY and speed up the real jailbreak release. Since this is an impossibility it never happens.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

lightmaster (2010-09-28)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale2 View Post
    i kinda miss those old nokias
    they wouldnt die
    and i wish i could find that t9 for the sms app on iphone

how did you mess up the automerge?
    I'm using the iPhone app for modmyi. ****, sorry for that post... Just wishful thinking.

An update to my previous comment about the speed of my 3g after the 4.1 JB and enabling Multi-tasking...

As feared it eventually slowed to a grinding halt! Apps that don't use a lot of ram seem OK but I think as soon as a ram intensive app starts, forget it. After 24 hours plenty of crashes too.

I restored it and re-JB'd it without adding multi-tasking, then went off to install Backgrounder, but this refused to even download from Cydia, said the os was out of date (!) plus a couple of other error messages. Tried getting a couple of other apps from Cydia and got similar error messages so gave up. Am now back to an un-JB'd phone.

As I see it now, the only reason to Jb a 3g is if you need to unlock it, otherwise seems little point: Adding the iOS4 features disabled by default on the 3g seems to slow it down too much and the most useful apps from Cydia don't seem to like 4.1!

Time to shell out for the 4g I guess.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to baskie For This Useful Post:

Morilibus (2010-09-23)

Quote Originally Posted by baskie View Post
    An update to my previous comment about the speed of my 3g after the 4.1 JB and enabling Multi-tasking...
    Thanks for the update, I was still waiting for the PC redsn0w.
    Last edited by Morilibus; 2010-09-23 at 11:55 AM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast